[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can anon give me advice on how to stop ruminating on guilt for ruining something and not being given a chance to correct it (I could've)? It ending like this, from a misunderstanding and an inability to just simply correct it, has bothered me for 10 months. It has been so long, it is way past and I need to move on, but I have this cloud hanging over me, constantly thinking about the girl, and if I can just get rid of this feeling I will stop thinking about her completely.

How can I do it?

>inb4 distract yourself
It's been 10 months. I've distracted myself. She is on my mind constantly. I'm OCD about guilt and such.
>inb4 therapy
I'm in the system, trying to find someone who can help.

Can anon give me good, tailored advice? I would be eternally grateful because it's been 10 months already and there is no end in sight.
>>
>>31695326
Meditation (picrel), half an hour a day. Regular meditation makes you consciously aware the rest of the day that thoughts and feelings are processes going on inside your mind and body but are not "you." When you notice thoughts or situations that trigger your feelings of guilt then gently let it go.
>>
>>31695326
This is what I'm doing. I can't figure it out. I need a framing that makes me stop thinking about it like a loser. Help me anons?
>>
File: breath meditation.jpg (503 KB, 741x833)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>31695365
Picrel.
>>
>>31695368
The same advice (>>31695365) applies to you.
>>
>>31695373
I try but I can't. My rumination is based on reality and I see the person every week. They know. I know. For meditation to work, I need to become somewhat schizophrenic and I don't want to do that. My life is good. I just need help not ruminating. I was fine for so long before this kvldjfalnsojKFNALKVSCX,
>>
>>31695402
I was referring to the rumination when I wrote about letting it go.A chain of thoughts and feelings leads from the cue of seeing or thinking of the person and the guilt. The breath meditation (in my experience) makes one consciously aware of such chains as like a row of upright dominos tipping against one another. The non-meditator typically doesn't have that experience but instead they are fully involved with the thoughts and feelings. Becoming consciously aware of them as objects made me more able to let them go.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.