[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1658356068656789.png (818 KB, 865x859)
818 KB
818 KB PNG
I grew up in a homeschooling community, and I have a fair few stories I could tell but that's not what I want to talk about.

While homeschooling did severally harm me (I have struggled with self harm, alcoholism, and a severe case of arrested development, especially socially due to homeschooling), I think the bigger problem is the fact that many of these behaviors and parenting styles which lead to these consequences are not only considered acceptable, but are in many cases considered good.

My parents are still scratching their head about why I ended up the way I ended up, yet they refuse to accept that their parenting (or lack thereof) resulted in the son they have now. What is worse is that I actively worry that they will spread their parenting advice to other people, as they have routinely said that they consider their failures to be the fact that they were not strict enough or harsh enough (despite their parenting resulting in crippling neuroticism).

How the fuck can I try to get through to them that this behavior isn't? acceptable and they are giving out advice which is going to end up hurting people down the road?
>>
Just work to become a huge success and then maybe they will believe you
>>
File: 1723892732173263m.jpg (117 KB, 905x1024)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>32003294
Other people can already see thier monumental failure anon. Theres no risk of anyone taking thier advice. No need to worry.

Also it's not your responsibility, even if they do.
>>
>>32003294
>How the fuck can I try to get through to them that this behavior isn't? acceptable and they are giving out advice which is going to end up hurting people down the road?
you probably can't control that.
you'll do much more good & help more people by focusing on your own life.
but good luck either way.
>>
>>32003294
Stop blaming others for your behaviour.
>>
What advice are they giving out? Which community?
>>
>>32003294
It doesn't matter. They are not having more kids right? And then they'll die. People who take their advice are idiots and would be bad parents anyway.
Once AI takes over humans will be cultivated with eugenics and kids that are actually born will be raised by AI and robots, and I look forward to it.
The homeschooling thing is a red herring, plenty of public school kids end up socially maladjusted substance abusers etc.
Especially all these anchor babies from the 3rd world superstitious goat fucking illegal immigrants end up rather fucked in the head too, having to navigate living between the fucked up old world and the fucked up modern world.
Even private-plane-level rich families often treat their kids like garbage and can't be bothered to treat them like human beings.
I mean, just be a good person and be glad you aren't like them. Be the change you want to see in the world, except you already are.
>>
>>32004407
Bad parenting destroys lives, and not everyone is capable of rising past their bad beginnings. Homeschooling is not for the faint of heart.
Only so few can beat the odds, obviously.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.