[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 16536548120540.jpg (155 KB, 1290x1052)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
18, US, just graduated HS this year. I obviously have no experience and have nothing to write on my resume, but I know that not having a resume will decimate my already thin chances of getting hired. Any advices for bullshitting on my resume so I get hired?
I'm a schizoid with social anxiety so I'd like to find a job that will not require any social interaction.
I really need help, guys. My psychotic step father told me that he will cut my Internet access if I don't find a job in a month.
I also don't have an ID but I have a permanent resident card if that matters.
>>
Go to a temp agency. They hire anybody even criminals. They put you to work in a day or so.
>>
YOURE HIRED
>>
>>32003456
does that work in the modern day?
>>
>>32003456
I will look into it
>>32003475
I've heard that it's literally impossible to get hired at McDonalds or any huge fast food chain for that matter. I'll have have too fill our a 5 page long form only to realise 2 months later than they hired a pajeet instead.
>>
>>32003449
Get a driver’s license.
>>
Try dishwasher at a restaurant, you won't have to deal with customers directly. The only other people you will have to interact with are your co workers.
>>
>>32004434
You can work with a green card.
>>32004469
Yes, I've been looking primarily for this job.
>>
>>32004522
Good deal, try local restaurants too if you can. I would give grocery stores a try as well, you could go for working in the freezers, you won't be interacting with customers. I would say school janitor but then I remembered how disgusting kids can be.
>>
>>32003449
You don'thave to have been paid for it, for it to count as experience. Volunteer work, school clubs, and even hobbies can be re-spun as sellable skills.

Ever taught anyone how to do anything? Experience in training. Ever been a club treasurer? Experience in finance. Ever set up the church website> Experience in web design and editing.
>>
>>32003449
Go to school instead you moron. You'll get financial aid and Pell grants and scholarships at your age. Don't make the mistake some of us made...you'll be working as a dishwasher or burger flipper into your late 20s if you don't do something now. These low end jobs will not change your life in any way whatsoever. They are scams. Paycheck to paycheck just to barely scrape by.

Go to school. Let your retarded father cut your internet--you get internet at school and library and you can hotspot off your phone.
>>
>>32003449
Be willing to do manual labor. That's where the grunt work is needed.
>>
>>32007128
This right here too.
The other side of the education is a meme thing is the fact that you'll be doing lower rung work without credentialed technical skills that you could use to get into a better position.
>>
>>32007128
Not that I disagree but the fall semester would've already started, I think op should use this time to work in the meantime.
>>
>>32007044
I'm an asocial schizoid and I have nothing to put on my resume.

>>32007128
It's past the admission season and I need a job now. I'm going to a uni next year most likely.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.