[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mike.jpg (823 KB, 1955x1079)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
I have always hated myself since I was a little kid and engage in escapisms to distract myself. I'm getting tired as the years go by but I'm still young which sucks. Is it possible to live an okay life or will I inevitably die of suicide
>>
idk
>>
Find objectives that feel worthwhile fulfilling and maybe meet someone who will hold you to this world. Not necessarily a partner, since a very close friend could help.
>>
>>32004396
How do you do this
>>
>>32004400
What's worthwhile and fulfilling is subjective, at least in terms of specifics. You have to find it for yourself.
>>
>>32004400
Triple dubs anon, the thing is that you have to think about the things you find interesting. It can be something stupid like "I want to go to that city to see the funny clown". As long as you find enjoyment out of that, it doesn't matter. It's your life.
Now, about the partner/friend thing. I unfortunately can't help much with that. I met my best friend in a stupid mobile game almost 10 years ago and we grew to stop each other from committing suicide. So maybe shoot your shot, I don't know. Start a random conversation with someone random that seems like they enjoy the same things as you.
>>
Get a motorcycle.
>>
>>32004412
I fail at everything that is considered worthwhile in life. I only have working out as somewhat productive, my healthiest escapism, but its not worthwhile and hasn’t moved me forward
>>
>>32004425
But what's worthwhile for YOU? That's the question you should be asking yourself before going down that line of thought.
>>
Well how old are you? I won't lie I'm somewhat in a similar place in life.
>>
>>32004425
>everything that is considered worthwhile
Well yeah, if you could do them easily they wouldn't be objectives, would they?
>>
>>32004470
I know but I keep on trying and I fail everytime trying to learn from my mistakes. I’m not a smart guy and I hate it. If you fail too much in life they don’t let you try again
>>32004452
20, like I said young
>>
>>32004483
>20
I'm only 3 years older than you, I think you've still got time for some self improvement. I still hate myself but putting off getting help for so long I feel has only made my quality of life worse, try therapy if you haven't. Even having someone to talk to feels like a huge relief, even if your self aware of the problem.
>>
>>32004380
Why would you want to live if you hate life so much?
>>
>>32004380
Meds nigger. And therapy.

Hating yourself is not normal, almost always a chemical thing. I know I hated myself until I was 34.

It did lessen with age, but was replaced by anxiety.

Get on meds and enjoy life. No one said you had to suffer through life.
>>
>>32005743
>Get on meds
literally another form of escapism lmao

I'm 27 and at the same situation, probably off myself in the next 3 years

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.