[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4157.jpg (2.6 MB, 4032x3024)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
I cut out all the toxicity and drama from my life, broke up with toxic gf, stopped talking to alcoholic friends, stopped getting in trouble with police and now i live in peace

So whats the problem? I am a musician/writer and now i cant fucking find the inspiration for any song or music,

Most of my songs revolved around doing drugs and shitty relationships, without those in my life i just feel normal and uninspired

Should i go back to doing drugs?
>>
it sounds like you are destined to be unhappy
>>
>>32004451
What do you do on a daily basis? While it's good you cut out all the toxic shit from your life, do you have anything positive coming in? If not, then the onus is on you to go out and do things that make you happy and inspired. Try new things, meet new people, go to new places, whatever it is that wakes you up and gives you ideas and inspiration and motivation.
>>
you sound like a loser who made loser songs about loser things, im not sure why you would want to go back. if the center of your life is drugs and drama youre a failed subhuman, running away from accepting the truth by taking more drugs, more drama, always more. its good you cut all that shit off. now that you removed all these insect bug people from your life you can start to build a real life. see its a problem of mindset, suddenly its up to you to build something from nothing, to get a life. right now you dont have a life, you ended your old subhuman one but you dont yet have a new one.
>>
>>32004451
Focus on the bigger issues. There are lots of small struggles keeping the everyday person busy. But the systemical issues are actually incredibly interesting to implement into your art as they are complex and oftentimes not as out there as personal issues. You can really play around with subtle meanings and leaving stuff open for interpretations and shit. I also feel like the whole helplessness you experience with those issues is a powerful feeling in itself. Think bigger.
>>
There's always drama everywhere if that's what you need to fuel your music.

I'd suggest trying to shift from drama to making something that makes people happy, we have plenty of drama shit already, but if you want drama, you can focus on even the most mundane and small things that can irritate a person and it will become one of the biggest hits of our generation. Write a song about spilling some water from a cup while carrying it across the room, make a song about the droplet of water that hits your asshole once your poop lands into the toilet, sing something about how your nurse was a fucking retard that didn't know how to stick a needle into your arm properly, so it hurt more than it should've and left a mark there.
>>
File: IMG_2670.png (71 KB, 498x498)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Op r you tryna jump back in the toxicity pool or
>>
>>32004451
Hardship and suffering are important for humans. That isn’t to say you need toxic, dysgenic, alcoholic people in your life - though the hardship from being among them did give you inspiration.

However, all it means is finding the right kind of hardship and suffering, healthier kinds, worthwhile variety of hardship. This can come from pushing your limits in the natural world, our ancestors knew this. Solitary living in secluded wilderness, survivalism, hunting, contact sports. Anything that puts you in a struggle, OP. Find those and avoid the sticky shitty toxic variety.
>>
Art is and outlet for the troubled.

If you're in a stage in life where you've found some tranquility you may have little necessity to create. But bear in mind nothing is permanent. Perhaps now it's a good time to look inside, to study perhaps.

Sooner or later those emotions will come bursting and you better have the technical knowledge and the right sensitivity to externalize it.

I'm also in a creative field and things changed a lot when I left the city to a more peaceful town. Most artists need the city more than water. To live outside it it's like being outside of time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.