[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I am so sick of people trying to get me to live the way that they do.
I have never imposed my lifestyle choices on other people, so why can't they give me the same benefit and just mind their own business.
Examples:
>Being told to get a job when I already have more than enough money to live comfortably without working
>Use disposable cutlery and plates because I hate washing up, apparentely this is a problem because???

I just want to understand. Is it arrogance? Ignorance? This kind of stuff makes me want to be a hermit.
>>
>>32006888
If you're self sufficient, ignore them, your choice how you do these types of things.

Though with a job you get some extra benefits and even if you have enough money now, inflation is a bitch, your money today could be worth 1/1000th or less in like 20 years. If you have investments and real estate, then you should be good.
>>
>>32006909
>>32006909
>If you're self sufficient, ignore them, your choice how you do these types of things.
This is what I have been doing but I am getting sick of being polite. I honestly just want to tell them to fuck off and leave me alone.

>Though with a job you get some extra benefits and even if you have enough money now, inflation is a bitch, your money today could be worth 1/1000th or less in like 20 years. If you have investments and real estate, then you should be good.
I am gonna be just fine and I make more than they do staring at my ceiling all day. I just hate that my options now are to reveal my wealth, which they would take as a pretentious affront or just stare off into the distance until they stop talking.
>>
>>32006935
If they don't know that you have the money to support yourself, then why do you expect them to leave you alone? They're clearly worried about you.

As for the other thing, you should genuinely tell them to fuck off if they bring up the same subjects over and over again.
>>
>>32006955
>If they don't know that you have the money to support yourself, then why do you expect them to leave you alone?
Because like I said I have never imposed my life on to them because I know that happiness and fulfillment are hyperindividualised experiences. It's not like I am panhandling. I live alone and read all day. What is there to even worry about? Why can't they respect or even appreciate my differences like I do theirs?
Last time I did snap a little and when my friend said "why don't you get a job?" I said "Well I guess it's because I hate doing it and it's boring and it sucks" and they seemed to get a little sad and said "yeah...it does suck". And I just wish it didn't have to come to that. It's not like I haven't expressed this before. I gave a whole heartfelt speech to my friends and family about how what makes them happy and what makes me happy are different things and that's okay. But still, it's like they can't help themselves.
>>
>>32006985
They think you're gonna run out of money soon and kill yourself. I get that you want to keep it private that you have money, but you pretty much have no way of making them fuck off without ruining your relationships entirely
>>
>>32006992
I have already told them multiple times "I am good for money". And I constantly and consistently buy expensive bullshit because it seemed vaguely interesting. I bought a $5000 fencing foil just because I wanted to take some pictures of a girl holding it. Can't they put two and two together without me showing them my bank balance?
>>
REPORT AND IGNORE THIS THREAD
this is the same faggot NEET that has made multiple threads in the past couple weeks crying why people won't respect him for being a parasite
>>
>>32007169
It's not the same faggot, that faggot made another thread today asking for respect despite being a parasite.
>>
>>32007169
That ain't me.
>>
>>32006888
>I am so sick of people trying to get me to live the way that they do.
Alright fine.
Create as many problems as you want, wallow in self-inflicted misery, deny responsibility for who you are and how you're living, then cope hard via substance abuse.
>>
>>32007249
>Create as many problems as you want, wallow in self-inflicted misery, deny responsibility for who you are and how you're living, then cope hard via substance abuse.
What makes you believe that I am doing any of those things?
>>
>>32006888
in my opinion, anon, the only thing u should probably change is the disposable cutlery, that's supa bad for the environment and kinda lazy. anyways how do i get like you? id love to not work :3
>>
>>32007699
>in my opinion, anon, the only thing u should probably change is the disposable cutlery, that's supa bad for the environment and kinda lazy
Not my problem and it is no less environmentally unhealthy than how other people live.
>anyways how do i get like you? id love to not work :3
How close are you to accomplishing this atm?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.