[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726373145894303.jpg (29 KB, 510x380)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Especially if you live in a city.
>how hard is it to find a job
I heard it takes years for some. Even with a good degree.
>a lot of zoomers and millennials are still at home with their parents
How many is it really? How many of you moved out before 25?
>college will ruin your life and put your in outstanding debt you'll won't pay off until 55
Is college actually that bad?
>everyone is a sheep that won't ever to anything to fix society's problems
Nothing ever changes because of bread and circuses. Netflix and McDonald's.
>children are ungrateful, goldfish memory, adhd brats and teens aren't better.
Are they actually worse off? (because of school, tiktok, influencers, politics, etc)
>boomers are spoiled brats that destroyed 4 generations for their own gain
How of much it was their fault?
>you will never own a home until 40 if you're lucky
Honestly they may be right.
>>
>>32007106
idk
moved out a 20
depends
most need to be sheep, that's the default
no, they've been retarded b4 too
they just have been born at the right time, but every other gen would've done the same
even if you have a home, you'll end up in suburban hell with shitty neighbours and will never be like upper class with actual privacy aka walls and fences
>>
>>32007106
none of it is true.
>>
>>32007106
>Especially if you live in a city
Living in a major city is easymode for all the tangible facets of life as long as you don't care about overall quality of life.
>>
>>32007106
>How much doomer shit is true?
Job stuff is true
College stuff is true
Children aren't quite so bad, but if you manage to roll a dud on life's RNG and you get an ADHD tard then you're in some shit. It's a high risk game.
>>
>>32007106
Living in Canada, so take with a grain of salt:

>Finding a job
It's spent the whole summer sending resumes and never heard from anyone.
>Still at home with parents
My case at 24. I'm living with my grandma, my sister and my mother.
>College bad
Going at university right now. It's pretty affordable.
>Everyone is a sheep and doesn't want to fix anything
This one to me is debatable. Going to university and being in the city, there's a lot of protests, student associations, non-profit organizations, etc. They exist and you should probably do your part as well. But obviously on 4chan, the discourse doesn't go further than "leftism bad".
>Children and teens
Nah. Both are educated and intelligent. Don't listen to everything you see online. Today's kids and teens have drive and ambitions.
>Boomers
Absolutely. That's the short-term money-making brainrot, but it's less about boomers and more about what's competitive in today's economy.
>Never owning a home
Probably true lol
>>
>>32007106
Cybersecurity master's degree. I don't even get to interviews. I just get declined. Motherfuckers.

25, living with my old people

College is useless. It gave me ZERO knowledge regarding cyber security. My dumb ass really thought it would be different if I study master's degree. Maybe I deserve to be tricked since I fell for it.

>How is this Boomer's fault?
1950 Western world = white people
2024 Western world = brown people
You catch my point?
>>
>>32007106
All of it is true unfortunately and I don't have any advice or solutions to these other than to keep on keeping on.
>>
>>32007106
Not sure on actual averages n shit, but here's my story:

>How hard is it to find a job.
Got my entry level position at a bank at age 20, and only after joining a 6 month training program and having a dad already well liked in the company. This is after maybe a year of searching. Its rough if you dont have connections/experience. I've been moving around in the company and have a degree now, so not sure if post layoff I'll have a better time.

>a lot of zoomers and millennials are still at home with their parents
I'm going to turn 27 in a week, still live with mom. All my siblings moved out, but they have close friends they wanted to roomie with. I have nobody ATM unless I want to in blind, and my mom actually wants me to stick around. I try to bullshit myself into saying I help take care of her, and while on some level its true, I do yard work and pay some rent, its mostly because its just cheaper.

>college will ruin your life and put your in outstanding debt you'll won't pay off until 55
I didnt have the debt issue, dad helped pay post community college and I only got a bachelor. Whether it was actually worth it? Probably not. Don't get a degree unless you're really damn sure it'll help your career path.

>everyone is a sheep that won't ever to anything to fix society's problems
Probably true, I mean someone has to populate twitter.

>children are ungrateful, goldfish memory, adhd brats and teens aren't better.
I think this is an always true thing, not just a modern age thing. I know I was a little shit as a kid-teen. My brother's kid's are cool though, minus when their hormones kick in and they start crying over minor shit.

>boomers are spoiled brats that destroyed 4 generations for their own gain
Most boomers are just the doomers of their time. Cant blame the sins of a few execs and politicians on an entire generation.

>you will never own a home until 40 if you're lucky
Yeah, and I'll likely be unable to pay taxes on my mom's house.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.