[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nyc.png (725 KB, 1200x800)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
Offered an opportunity to relocate to NYC. Pay rise isn’t much. 20s currently living in London. What should I do? I don’t want to get shot.
>>
>>32007337
safer than london
>>
>>32007337
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
NYC has one the lowest crime rates in the US and the lowest in a major city.
>>
>>32007337
>Pay rise isn’t much
It's all about the pay, that and how badly fucked you'll be for annual leave and hours coming from the old country.
Depends on what you want long term, I'm in a similar position but I'm not going to NYC. England to me is only good for moving further into the country and doing as little work as possible. You need American wages whilst avoiding their debt traps to get anywhere.
Don't deliberately go to a shithole area and do something stupid and it's really very safe.
>>
>>32007337
Bit of a mixed bag here, OP. The bills are higher in the US and there's little to no social safety net if you're not disabled, infirm or a single mother, but the pay is better and the personal rights are generally top tier, unless you've done something bad enough for an actual government agency to go right up your ass. NYC is fine, just make sure you make a friend or two that lives there so you can ask the necessary questions about which are the nice parts and which aren't. Every country, state, city, has its safe areas and its slums. Understanding your situation and minimizing your risks is pretty much the same everywhere.
>>
you should be getting a 20-40% pay increase. you could find the same job in new york and get the increase
>>
>doesn't mention pay, industry, or priorities
what advice do you seek?
>>
>>32007337
NYC is one of the most dangerous cities in America, they literally stopped including its crimes statistics in the FBI census to artificially lower its percentage since 2015 I shit you not. London is infinitely safer if you stay out of the nonwhite enclaves, do not go to NYC or believe the retards telling you otherwise in this thread because they dont know what theyre talking about.

NYC is filled with murderous nonwhites killings left and right and mentally ill hobos, trash and rats,.if you think London is bad wait till you see NYC.

That being said, if you stay in the rich people's bubble and dont use public transportation you'll be fine, and having an english accent would get you laid so theres that. Also if you like filth and drugs NYC is for you. So idk think for yourself. I'd never trade London for NYC it'd be retarded to do so. The Tube is infinitely safer than the NYC Metro
>>
>>32007337
Despite everything, America is still the land of upward mobility, thanks to higher wages.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.