[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: coc.png (1.33 MB, 1206x1218)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
I have a decent-paying job where you're just chilling between travel dates, so during my off days, I am usually just gaming. My girlfriend, who I live with, doesn't like this and says I'm "holding myself and the relationship back" and sees any sort of perceived laziness as contributing to what she calls an addiction.

I understand the frustration, but at the same time, now living with her, I see her maintain horrible relationships with things in her life - sleep, food, organization, her parents, etc., and can't help but wonder if she's projecting her issues onto me. Plus, I worked really hard to get to this point in my grown-ass ADULT life where I am able to focus on the very minimal things that I know give me joy.

I would honestly really like to bring up the subject of breaking up because I'm sick of the general attitude, but we have a year lease to live out, and I don't want to rock the boat and make things even more miserable for a while. None of these "issues" were present before we moved in together. Thoughts?
>>
>>32007344
There are usually clauses which enable you to move out earlier than the lease. It depends where you live, but some places have laws that override contracts when you for examplr get a new out-of-town job.
>>
>>32007344
Lots of people tend to have this sort of misconception about "earning" money that it should somehow be tied to the amount of suffering you endure, when in reality it's only tied to how much money someone is willing to pay for it. Your cuatomer doesen't give a shit whether it's easy or hard for you, they only want results for the price agreed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.