[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Good evening anons, I (18F) need help to find motivation to study and was hoping someone could help. I'm on the last year of high school and i'm beyond fed up with it, i hate 90% of the subjects and i've always hated studying in general, but i always managed to pass by doing the bare minimum. From the last year though my mental health has terribly gotten worse and school started giving me so much anxiety i started hurting myself. I think one of the main reasons i do it for now is because i always go to school without having studied anything and this brings me anxiety, so i figured out the only way to fix this is by actually studying, but i even the thought of studying for more than one hour everyday makes me want to die. And no, dropping out is not an option for so many reasons i'm not gonna list here. Can someone help? How do i find the motivation to actually open a book and do my homework?
>>
>>32007946
every death is a tragedy
>>
>>32007970
what
>>
>>32007983
is this you op?
>>
>>32007988
yes
>>
What classes are you taking? High school is so easy you should be able to get by by just paying attention in class instead of bumming around on your phone.
>>
How many fucking 18 yo females are on this fucking board? My God.
>>
>>32007946
Motivation to do anything comes from negative emotions (such as fear and anger). Once you understand what you really dont want (to experience anxiety for not studying) you know what you want to focus on (feel relief for having studied). Hence you become motivated. But remember this: you must REALLY hate feeling bad.
>>
>>32008658
not where i'm from. I go in a school with mainly scientific subjects and the last year is basically university level study
>>
>>32009310
So you’re taking stuff like chem and calc and phys? Well yeah you’re gonna get your ass turned inside out if you don’t study obviously. You got one year of school left just thug it out for this year

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.