[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726502530056193.jpg (31 KB, 600x548)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Should I spend the rest of my 20s sucking up to an elderly father I can’t stand in the hope of inheriting his business (which I won’t otherwise get) at the cost of my personal happiness and career? Or should I pursue those things and most likely miss out on a potential income stream that will set me for life?
>>
>>32008753
He is probably an asshole that knows what youre doing, he will have fun seeing you sucking up to him and still wont give you his business for shit and giggles.
>>
>Should I spend the rest of my 20s sucking
You tell me
>>
>>32008775
>He is probably an asshole
Yes.
>that knows what youre doing
Probably not, and at any rate he enjoys being sucked up to. Still, you’re right that it’s entirely possible he’ll give it to someone else at the last second and leave me with zilch.
>>
>>32008753
Money is important only if it allows you to live happily. If inheriting will cost you your career AND your happiness, don't do it.
>>
>>32008753

My dad somehow won $300,000 and every penny went to himself. With promises of "paying me back" for helping him to transfer some money to my bank account "in case something happens". It's all a sham. Nobody is coming to save you...you're being strung along in hopes he gets you to keep taking care of him so he doesn't have to rely on a nursing home.
>>
>>32008849
That isn’t the situation at all. He’s king of his own little hill and is constantly being sucked up to by everyone around him for his money.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.