[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (631 KB, 1213x919)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
Trying to find the best arrangement for my furniture. Does it look bad to have the couch in front of the sliding door? I dont know where else to put it. You can still get to the door, but there's about 26" of space left to squeeze by.
>>
why do you need two couches? just get rid of it. Get a foldable chair for visitors.

Or put the tv on the opposite wall and the two couches bottom left. Although feng shui would probably rate this badly since the couch would not face the door, so you cannot fully relax while watching TV because you don't know who might walk in
>>
File: arrange1.jpg (92 KB, 855x838)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>32008967
the one is a 2 seater the other is a 3 seater. they are both from a matching set and i cant part with either of them. I tried arranging it the other way but then there is a squeeze point coming through the door. and smaller couch is at a 90 angle to the TV
>>
File: file.png (1.05 MB, 701x665)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>32009000
this is how it looks with the 2-seater against the glass
>>
>>32009008
you’re such an idiot. there’s like 3 feet of space between the couch and door. your designs make it look like no space
>>
>>32009008
I don't think this looks bad at all, what's the problem? My parents had a couch at their house in front the sliding glass door for years.

>>32009140
That and the actual moving part of the door is also completely unobstructed.
>>
File: file.png (823 KB, 673x563)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
>>32009300
This is how it was before, I liked how the table didnt block much of light coming in from the door. I dont really have any other way to arrange it so i'll live with it
>>
File: file.png (3.55 MB, 1600x1600)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB PNG
>>32009000
Try putting the TV diagonally in the corner by the sliding door.
Then arrange the couches into an "L" formation with the smaller couch creating a barrier between this room and the next.
I can't really tell how accurate your mapping is to the space of the rooms, but just try that out and see how it looks.

But honestly since your apartment is so small the best solution would be to throw out the small couch and get 1-2 accent chairs instead.
I'd advise you to throw out the smaller couch, but if you really wanna keep it then get a place to store it.

If you have something with a smaller profile then you can have it in front of the glass sliding doors without it feeling obstructive.
>>
File: GTF3v5sXgAAFgEu.jfif.jpg (261 KB, 828x1019)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>32009335
This is an example of a similar solution as to what I mean when I suggest the accent chairs.
>>
>>32008927
Get rid of the TV and the second couch. You really don't need a TV in 2024, and it just looks outdated and tacky at this point. The room is also too small for two couches.
>>
>>32009335
>>32009353
Thanks for the suggestions.
The 2 couches are the only thing I cant part with. Its a long story with family history but they are a matching set it and it took 14 years to track it down. Getting rid of the TV makes no sense either because I watch movies weekly and its a damn fine tv

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.