[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Nast-intellect.png (51 KB, 460x469)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
I am thinking of reading about politics, history, and humanities for fun. I would, for example, understand how governments run, what each institution does, and then I would move on to world history. I would take some kind of crash course on the history of every country in the world, and then I would find some world region to take an interest in. I would learn about GDP, maybe, and how cultures and religion interact with the country's wellbeing.
I would read about logical fallacies, books about US politics, resources on how to form an "educated" opinion, etc.
OR, I could just focus on something else, more leisurely, like Netflix, video games, silly books, language learning, etc.
I am a 24 year old university student, with a lot of free time.
>>
cont
Is learning to code, for example, a better alternative?
What should I do with my free time, aside from going to a gym, because I already will?
>>
Why do you need the permission of adv to take up a hobby? Its not a waste of time if youd enjoy it.If you would enjoy it, then fine. If youre worried about it being a "time waste" then why do you seem fine with endlessly consooming netflix as an alternative, a seemingly bigger waste of time. I ask because I have a feeling though that you only ask because youre not actually interested, but want to be because youd seem like an intellectual or something.
>>
>>32010023
>I am thinking of reading about politics, history, and humanities for fun.
Then just do it. You don't have to sign a contract or make a dark pact. Just do it. You're not making any kind of commitment or promise. Just do it.
>>
>>32010023
so you want to start at law(government) institutions(very nebulous term) and then go to world history (the context in which all of these exist in). why not go in the opposite direction? it seems like you are somewhat more passionate about that than the other subjects like coding. If you want to do qualitative research, you most likely will learn stuff like Git, bash, Python, SQL, etc. which sounds like what you really want, these tools will enable you to do academic research independently as a student in university. So will your university library, I am sure it is great.
>>
File: ULTIMATE FORM.png (58 KB, 212x450)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>32010023
This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.