[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726283481994966.gif (132 KB, 220x220)
132 KB
132 KB GIF
How do you get over someone you realistically didn't want to break up with? I've done it before. Do I just wait? That seemed to work before. I feel like at my age a lot of doors are closing because I likely won't have kids til I'm 40 if I even do, so mathematically I'll never really know my grandkids as people very much now if I have them. I'm having a lot of thoughts like that. Also I miss her, and feel sad about the idea of starting with someone new and think I need time to heal anyway, but I just don't feel like I have time.
>>
>>32010857
>How do you get over someone you realistically didn't want to break up with?
You find joy in other things while you do small work at getting over it.
>mathematically I'll never really know my grandkids
My grandma was born in 1926 and my dad in 1959. I was born in 1999. She lived til I was almost 11. My grandpa lived until I was 21, having been born in 1933.
>Also I miss her, and feel sad about the idea of starting with someone new
You'll feel that way for a while. It's best to spend time with friends and family, just pets even, for now. Take your time.
>>
>>32011106
>You find joy in other things while you do small work at getting over it.
I am
>Grandparents
But you didn't really know her very well. She only got an inkling of you.
>Friends and Family
I don't have much at all of either anymore but am trying
>>
>>32011123
I spent basically every day with her. My most vivid childhood memories are with her. It isn't about how long they know you, it's about the impact.
>>
>>32011132
Well if I had your parent at 40 you would have only been 4 when I died
>>
>>32011139
Then take care of your health as best you can without becoming obsessive. Had my paternal grandfather been alive when I was born in 1999, he'd have been 83. Despite never meeting, the impact remains through my dad.
>>
>>32011160
Perhaps my perspective is different with regard to the whole dying early in the life of your grandchildren thing. I don't restrict my influence to family lines, as I adopt a sort of view of things from my undergrad study of Chinese philosophy. I would be content to have influenced only a few to love learning, to act cautiously, yet authoritatively, and to be benevolent in their dealings and disposition.
>>
>>32011204
Chinese philosophy talks of bloodlines a lot. That's why there is so many fucking Chinese.
>>32011160
I'm trying
>>
>>32010857
Are you me? It's been 9 months and I still sob on a weekly basis about her ffs
>>
>>32012646
No, I am me.
>>
Time can heal, and distractions can help. Focus on what brings you happiness.

If you didn't want the breakup, what's holding you back from trying to mend the relationship?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.