[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hai.jpg (53 KB, 1800x683)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
I have a crippling fucking youtube addiction
I blew all day watching shit like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8FaMakzZC8
As you can tell I am a loser and my life sucks (go figure) but now I'm at the point where I find it hard to focus on anime and video games, I feel youtube pulling me away the whole time. Have any of you cured yourself of brainrot
>>
Unsubscribe from all channels you're subscribed to. Whenever you find yourself wanting to watch YouTube, think of something else to do.
Draw, read, exercise, nap, daydream; anything that doesn't have you rotting in front of your phone.
>>
>>32011034
Create a folder on your bookmark bar. Go through your youtube subscriptions and bookmark every channel you like into that folder. You can manually check the channels periodically. Then log out of youtube.
Download the ublock browser extension. Use it to block cookies on youtube so the recommendations get reset every time you close your browser. Then open up any video and use ublock's element picker tool to delete the recommended bar and delete the comment section. This makes youtube much less engaging so you'll open a bookmarked channel, watch the new video, and then leave. The autoplayed video will almost always be irrelevant because there are no cookies.

Delete the youtube app from your phone. Bury your browser in a folder, keep it off the home screen. Don't make a habit of watching youtube on your phone. Consider setting a screen time reminder for your browser. Periodically delete the cookies in your browser to reset recommendations.

Worked for me. I don't watch a lot of youtube now.
>>
>>32012062

Also disabling your watch history may help. I cleaned up my subscriptions and now I just open the app from time to time to see if the channels I like have uploaded something new or interesting.

Personally, I think youtube has good things, but they're hard to find because it's at the same time so full of shit.
>>
>>32011034
subscribe to a handful of channels you really like and install the unhook extension. don't be a slave to engagement optimizing algorithms
>>
I liked it. List more channels, please.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.