[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hypnotoad.gif (391 KB, 500x382)
391 KB
391 KB GIF
I hate when people ask you to do stuff for them when they can easily do it themselves. It feels like some form of exerting dominance in some way. Especially if they're not my boss.

Am I just being paranoid? Is this all in my head?
>>
>>32011188
Do you have an example?

>Am I just being paranoid? Is this all in my head?
Probably
>>
really depends on the context. both for what they're asking and for why you may get triggered by people asking you to help them with something you perceive they could do themselves. can you think of a specific instance where this bothered you intensely? explain it?
>>
>>32011188
you ok big dawg?
>>
>>32011188
Say nope.
>>
>>32011188

Yeah. It gets to a point when it's actually expected from you, and they stop asking you nicely to just give you orders.

Then when you tell them to do it themselves they get angry.

I learned it the hard way. Don't be a weakling anon
>>
>>32013083
>they stop asking you nicely to just give you orders.
Oh shit think I might actually punch them if they did that

I'm the one doing you a favor bitch lol
>>
>>32011188
Really depends on your the context. Right now with how bad wages are compared to cost of living, lots of people have abandoned a sense duty. They find the bare minimum at work and try to push it lower

My roommates get really upset if I ask them to help me clean the common area. No one ever vaccums or sweeps or anything. I'm the only person who stops dust and hair from piling up on the floor. They all have no ambition, no pride

Society works because we can ask each other for help. The lines between asking for necessary assistance and exploiting people can become unclear. Maybe it looks like they could do it themselves but they are tired and they are trying to fix a problem that you are contributing to or do a job that you are supposed to be sharing the burden with. Think about it. Without eachother we are nothing
>>
This is not good

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.