[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715185995945.jpg (1.07 MB, 3840x2160)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>"I try to avoid telling you about any kind of problem or bad news because you always overreact to everything. You sigh and rant for minutes straight about how there's always something to worry about, life is never fucking simple, nothing fucking works right, etc. You're stressful. I'm anxious a lot of the time because I know you'll spiral and become moody and bitter if even the slightest thing goes wrong. You have zero ability to handle stress without falling apart."

My girlfriend said this. What should I do
>>
>>32012594
Make her feel like she's worth listening to.
>>
>>32012594
You are dragging her down with you. You being unhappy all the time makes her unhappy. You literally stand in the way of her happiness. Stop being a whiny little bitch and affecting her mental health negatively or leave wtf
>>
>>32012594
Sounds to me like she knows what she's talking about and I would bet good money that she's right. Sort your shit OP. You're being insufferable.
>>
>>32012594
Man the fuck up.
Women crave emotional stability, and your gf is going the extra mile to communicate your deep issues instead of just jumping ship. Far from being a source of stability in her life, you are apparently a neurotic basketcase who makes problems worse.
>>
>>32012594
....i might be your gf??? i said something similar to my bf.... oddly similar.
>>
>>32012594
Be grateful you have gf who knows how to communicate isntead of playing stupid games and pouting, like many would. Take steps to get better. At least learn how to shut up. Put your feelings in a journal instead of emotionally flailing around recklessly. It takes less energy to STFU than it does to being a cranky windbag. There are literally 8 year olds that know manage their emotions better than you.
>>
>>32012594
Listen to her. She wants you to listen and let her vent, to fix the problem if you can, and if you can't just listen and tell her things will be ok. I know it is stressful when your gf has a problem but whether you think it is a big problem or not actually a problem, don't stress about it because while she is your business, her problems are not your problems. Apologize for making her feel like she cannot talk to you. You fucked up. Own it. Fix it.
>>
>>32014262
lol leave him girlie
>>
>>32012594
Seems like you need to probably listen to her and change your attitude
>>
Sounds like she's got it handled, no need to worry
>>
>>32012594
Stop doing that. See a therapist, fix your shit, you're a liability in your current relationship and it's going to fall apart eventually if you don't do anything to fix it.
>>
>>32012594
Git gud at handling stress or lose her. She's telling you this as plain as day.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.