[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (138 KB, 824x714)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
How to practice being nice/ social warmth?
I have basically been a shutin for a decade and am trying to work on being nicer to people, I can fall back on being bitter/cruel really easily and I don't like that.
Curious if anyone else has intentionally gone about that or has any ideas of places I could do this even online, most of the places I know online where people socialize are kind of brutal in terms of the kind of people you need to interact with
>>
>>32012635
Social interaction is something you can practice. Go to a place where you talk about the issue at hand.
>>
>>32012635
why do you think alcohol goes hand in hand with socialization? It helps make us numb these urges and to put on a smile. To stop thinking so hard about it and just enjoy the moment. Don't get me wrong, alcohol is bad for you and hurts my stomach. But it's a social lubricant that can help you practice. At the end of the day it's a skill, and you need to simply do it over and over again until it sticks in your brain. This is the basis of CBT, if you want to try the therapy side of things.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.