[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I just got booted off my retail job. It took me 9 months to find it. I have a husband, but he is broke as well and honestly he might just boot me if I become a freeloader. What now? Should I just become a scam artist given that the world hates me anyways?
>>
>>32017556
Search "side hustles."
>>
are you a man or a woman? do you realize how easy it is to find another man as a woman?
>>
>>32017698
why would I search for another man.
I get you all dont understand what love is, so let me put it this way - I made a vow and I'm gonna honor it.
>>32017671
Wtf is even side hustles? If its something coming from a hobby then its a money sink not producer
>>
>>32017711
It sounds like he'll put up with you unless you decide to give up and or stop putting out. Idk bro. Shit isn't all peachy keen over here either. We all have issues on /adv/
>>
>>32017556
Retail jobs are ironically the hardest to get. They're the first thing on anyone's mind if they're unemployed and desperate. Applying for an accountant position on some 2nd floor small business has way higher chance of success and double the pay and way better benefits
>>
>>32017711
Side hustle means finding an extra job, not finding another partner. It's really meant as an extra job to compliment your normal job, so it's irrelevant here.

Also you should just look for a new job and settle for whatever you can find, even a walmart stacker or something.
>>
>>32017556
first off, if your husband has been sticking around for this long for you both, then you shouldn't particularly worry about getting booted, not that i have an idea of what your marriage is like, but i can imagine that he still loves you dearly, and will continue to do so even if you're not able to provide economically, but if you're desperate for a job, consider customer service if you've yet to do so, they tend to hire frequently and if you're a woman, the likelyhood of getting the job seems more likely based on my experience in working in those offices, best of luck to you
>>
Go back to college. You don't want to slave for the rest of your life
>>
>>32017844
Being an accountant requires like 3 different diplomas

>>32017837
He is not interested in sex, I dont really offer anything other than sharing the bills in these relationships. I could cook and clean etc of course, but he takes it with some irritation, like he doesnt like the idea of trad formatted relationships.

>>32017845
I consider stacker a retail job so its included in my job seeking by default.
>>32017868
you mean phone caller? I have a really bad language perception, I may be borderline retarded, but while I can try speaking jobs I would likely just make myself a laughing stock.

>>32017872
You will slave anyways, I honestly just want something stable and comfy, I dont care about the high salary.
>>
>>32017921
Right, that's why you need a degree. You're not getting a stable, comfy job without one unless you're extraordinary lucky or have a good network
>>
>>32017932
I have a degree though
I could not find a job to it so I gave up. I dont see a point in another degree that wont end anywhere.
The comfiest job I ever had was at the children's bd party club as admin, but I wasted it to go to college. Worst decision of my life.
>>
>>32017921
yeah phone caller pretty much, i can understand if feel unsure about it, but trust me, i've worked with people who have absolutely no clue what they're doing and even people who are turbo dyslexic, and i myself am pretty autistic and used to be terrible with any form of socialization, so trust me when i say this, anyone can do a job like that, even you, i just think you need to have some more faith in yourself because it seems like you're lacking in that, the travel industry hires customer service workers en masse and you could reliably find something fitting for you, they tend to be stable but sometimes a little miserable, but atleast it helps you keep food on the table for you and your husband, and hopefully keep you occupied until you're able to reliably get a degree and find something even better.
>>
>>32017953
What degree?
>>
>>32017987
Microbiology, I wanted to be a lab rat, but I guess there is too much competition.
>>
>>32017921
I mean it's _a_ degree, but perfectly doable for most people. Doesen't have to be accountant either. Plenty of electrician, HVAC, welder jobs out there. Could even go for something more esoteric like land surveying
>>
>>32017921
Not interested in sex like at all?
Why are the two of you together? If the two of you are roommates, then be roommates.
>>
>>32018002
Is that so oversaturated? Did you look around enough?

Otherwise you could get a masters
>>
>>32018019
i mean there is like 20 position in the country overall maybe, but there are 5 graduates each year at least.

>>32018016
We have sex sometimes, but its not a pressing need for him.He is more interested in auxiliary affection, like falling asleep cuddling, doing massages and such.
>>32018005
I guess but studying will take like 2 years, and I need to survive somehow for those years. Its hard to find a job as it is, but its double hard to find someone who will accommodate for studying hours. A lot of trade colleges have very packed schedules and have attendance based passing
>>
>>32018045
YWNBAW

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.