[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Applied to 5 different places back in June after graduating from College
>Get 3 different interviews, one of the places asks me to do another 3 extra interviews before suddenly dropping me off?
>Apply to 20 different places in September
>Not a single interview.. 4 rejection letters

What the fuck did I do differently? One of the last guys I had a interview with said I was a perfect fit before suddenly giving me a rejection letter before the 3rd interview.
I'm Canadian btw
>>
keep trying and do not lower your requirements. if you give your labor for free, they will see it as worthless.
>>
>>32019516
I think the reason why they cut me off from my last interview at this one company after doing 3 consecutive interviews with them was because I set my salary expectations higher than they were willing to pay me, even though my one buddy that graduated a year before me (I did a extra year because of Co-Op), had less skills then me and managed to get paid about 47K at his place (I asked for the same amount)
>>
Wait... How do Job Recruiters do Social Media checks in Canada?
>>
>>32019499
That’s just how it is nowadays. You might have to send in 100 applications just to get 10 interviews and 1 job offer. A lot of fake job listings out there, and the legit ones have many applicants to choose from.
>>
>>32020131
I get what you mean but the system is retarded nonetheless. I don't think it was this hard to get a job if you met the requirements even 10 years ago.
>>
>>32019499

>> what did I do differently

You did time unemployed and not studying. The longer you NEET the less employable you become.
>>
>>32020954
I neeted for 8 years and got a job before I finished my degree ( software engineer). If you neet you need to get the right degree or you're fucked, that much is true
>>
>>32019499
Most places now a days interview without even having a job for applicants to fill.

Also, a lot of times they already have the person chosen and the interviewing process is just a title IX smoke screen.
>>
>>32019499
At this stage I would suggest a recruitment agency. They will help you shape up your resume and find people who want to hire you.
It's kind of a ripoff for all involved but if you haven't had any luck it's not a bad route to take.
>>
>>32020954
That's fucking retarded though. The whole point is me actively trying NOT to be unemployed
>>
Most interviews are a personality assessment. If they want you around they'll hire you

Dont forget to lie on resume
>>
i have 14 years of work exp. i am a director level. i had to apply for 75jobs this year to get like 20 calls, do 4 final rounds, and get 1 job offer. it’s rough out there. my friends in recruiting tell me these jobs have 1,000+ applicants
>>
>>32020081
They look up your fagbook or instagram.
>>
>>32019499
Don't you love "liberal" politics?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.