[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Feral-Hogs-HO_714770c.jpg (100 KB, 619x590)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
I've posted my face on this website several times in the past (and on various boards) and admittedly I enjoy the attention I get from it. In real life I don't get a crumb of that, in fact during high school people would almost avoid me entirely.
If I had to guess it's probably related to my (mild) autism. I don't smell bad, I wear normal and clean clothes, I shave my face often, etc. My personality is more on the mellow side and I usually keep to myself in order to be polite.

What should I do in this situation? Do I have to fake it till I make it? Definitely not model-tier but it's weird how online vs. IRL is so different.
Am a 19yo dude by the way.
>>
>>32019987
It's inhibition, people are happy to share their opinions online because it doesn't cost them anything. In real life they have to worry about what you may think of them, what other people will think if they say something about you, etc. We're all too busy worrying about what everyone is thinking.

If you look decent and want attention then go date, if romance is what you're after. Looking decently attractive doesn't get you attention, it just doesn't get in the way of you trying to get attention for other things, like being funny or confident. Which are absolutely fake it til you make it characteristics you can work on.
>>
>19yo
I miss the days when saying that you were young in 4chan would result in shadow ban.
>>
>>32021024
why dont you have kids by now?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.