[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

19M, toronto, yellow, in university. Serious inquiry here, serious advice appreciated.

I like one girl on campus whom I have never spoken to. This girl has made eye contact with me in an obvious way and seems to be interested. Now, this girl has a friend. This friend of hers is in one of my classes. Previously, I had not spoken to this friend of hers, but today, I approached her as she was leaving and asked for her name. I had no plan going in, but my goal was to get to know her first so that she could introduce me to the girl. Once I approached her, I asked for her name. She gave me her name but turned very red and I could tell she was nervous. So I just said "alright cya" and left. So, I could not get acquainted thoroughly, and thus, my original goal of asking her about the girl did not happen. Now, I do see the girl of interest tomorrow, but only in the halls when she is leaving her class which happens to end when mine begins. So I can approach her then. Why didn't I just wait until tomorrow and approach the girl of interest rather than approaching her friend today? I'm not sure. I was not thinking clearly. Now, I want to approach this girl of interest tomorrow but I am afraid that her and her friend might talk: "hey, I was approached by this guy. Oh no way, me too! Wow, this guy is a whore who must casually cold approach women often >:(" So basically, my question is: should I still approach girl of interest tomorrow, and after getting acquainted, tell her about how I tried to ask her friend about her so that she knows I have nothing to hide and that I don't randomly approach girls? I should also point out that she might be confused as to how I know that they are friends, but the reality is, I just remember seeing them together. Additional factors to be considered (?): they are both international students from china, i am yellow, I know that they both think i'm attractive (i'm not delusional i know im deadass at least a 9.5/10).
>>
>>32020605
Just be honest, you asked a mutual acquaintance for her name because you're interested in her. It's not creepy unless you make it creepy by hiding your intentions. Confidence is sexy, and you're already half way there. Approach the girl tomorrow now that you know her name with something like:

"Hey, anon, right? Yeah I asked othergirl for your name since we're in class together. What are you doing this weekend? Want to get coffee or something?"

Maybe don't ask her out immediately if you have better things to talk about, but don't fuck around too much. Don't overthink it. You got this
>>
>>32020968
Got it. This advice makes me feel a lot more assured. I will do it for you brother thank you.
>>
>>32020968
Oh, and also, I actually just realized that I might not have been clear enough in the post. I asked her friend for her own name because I figured that would be the best way to break the ice. That was pretty much it. I didn't get to talk with her long enough to ask about the girl of interest. My bad, all this stuff is hard to explain. But I suppose the advice still holds.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.