[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tdo.png (914 KB, 828x1015)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
How can I stop feeling like a total loser after not being good enough for my ex?

When I really look back at things objectively, it seems my ex always saw me as beneath him in some ways and didn’t want to “settle” for me. He did admit he was shallow, but I didn’t think I was that ugly, and he didn’t look to be out of my league (he has several commonly undesirable traits).

What bothers me the most is that it’s been over 2 years now, and seeing all the relationships around me and even online, it seems we got really lucky?? I mean we actually had so much in common and were genuinely such good friends, I feel like he gave up such a rare opportunity.

I know he doesn’t regret it because he clearly never actually wanted to get married in the first place (despite us making plans to do so), but it really bugs me knowing I will likely never find such a good person again. Maybe it will be easier for him to find a nicer girl who is also pretty, but for me to find a guy as nice as him I think will be impossible.

I can’t keep thinking about if I just did or said something slightly differently things wouldn’t have ended. Even now, I sometimes enter periods of denial- thinking he might take me back if I find a way to go back to him. But if I wasn’t pretty enough to him 2 years ago, there’s no way he would think I’m enough for him now.

Can anyone please suggest for me how I can move on? It’s true when I state he truly was a one of a kind person, everyone that met him told him the same, that he was so easy to be around etc.
>>
Last part

I keep thinking of some of the reasons he didn’t want to get married, like that he wanted to be able to kill himself whenever he wanted without feeling guilty, etc. and they really frustrate me. I even told him we could make a suicide pact but he sort of brushed my suggestions aside.

I also regret not immediately agreeing to a prenup. He only brought it up in passing and I didn’t exactly say no but I was shocked and was hoping we could have a normal marriage- if I knew it might’ve actually convinced him I would have immediately agreed, I just needed some warming up to the idea.

Unfortunately I think the fact is I just needed and wanted him much more than he needed or wanted me. He truly was the light of my life and I think everyone who knew or knows him can say the exact same thing.

Please help me and tell me how I could ever move on from this?
>>
I would really try to read it if you didn't wrote like a fucking bitch, jumping again and again after two lines.
>>
>>32020632
>suicide pact
Haha fuck off emo retards no I won't name 5 songs
>>
Bump
>>
Way out of your league. You are horribly delusional and very likely did something to get on his nerves. The way you talked about the prenup shows that you weren't nearly as compatible with each other as you claim, you just thought you could snag the best guy that everyone wants and tie him and his life to you without making any compromises. Who do you think you are?
>>
>>32021028
I made tons of compromises, I agreed to uproot my entire life to move to where he is

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.