[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: thick skin.png (26 KB, 588x629)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
In my short 2 decades on this earth, I've been mugged, assaulted, gone homeless (for a couple months) and nearly got prison time. I imagine most people would view that as a lot of stuff
Despite that, I'm still extremely sensitive to people's words. Just recently, a colleague at my work called me a fucking idiot, and I almost cried after I clocked out.
Why am I such a pussy for tiny things? Can anyone relate to me / give an explanation or am I alone on this one
>>
>>32020971
Have tried not being a fucking idiot? Then they won't call you that and you won't have to figure out how to get over it.
>>
>>32020971
Without knowing your past it's pretty impossible to diagnose your present insecurity, but it is undoubtedly based on your past. See a therapist if you want to dig into it and find out. I recommend cognitive behavioral therapy
>>
>>32021033
not helpful, you stupid fucking idiot
>>
Ey anon, i think you're kinda tough enough to still be here even after all of that. It's notable really, and don't brush my words off either way, some people can get really triggered by those experiences, you been through it but that doesnt mean you escaped unscratched, yes?
Tough ≠ insensible (in my eyes).
>>
>>32020971
Stay sensitive, it'll allow people like MEee to stay in charge. Muahahahahahahahahah fucking idiot
>>
>>32021039
My point is, just maybe your problem is you don't spend enough time thinking about your actions and decisions and their logical consequences, and too much time navel gazing about your delicate fee fees. Many such cases, nothing personal. Textbook BPD.
>>
You probably have autism and therefor an underdeveloped amygdala so you’re more sensitive to people upset at you and assuming theyre upset when they’re really not. 12% of autistic people have been homeless and you sound gullible which is why I’m assuming you got it
>>
>>32020971
Assume the person who said that is a fucking idiot and respond accordingly.. Sorted.
>>
>>32020971
go see if you're borderline personality and get help, it's treatable
>>
Be a based egotist who doesn't give a shit about what the peons think about him/her
>>
>>32020971
Here's my solution. Join a /pol/, /b/, or /r9k/ discord server under an alt account. By just interacting with the people there you will develop a thick skin. These niggas love to put others down, so after a few months of hearing the same shitty insults and put downs, you begin to stop giving a shit just because you've become emotionally exhausted from it. Eventually you stop caring about what others think because most people are retards and just focus on your own thing.

There problem solved.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.