[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: p17498_i_h10_ab.jpg (164 KB, 1100x618)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
Life after the lockdowns feel like the 0AD. After realizing I live among cattle + discovering 4Chan and other sources around the same time the world feels like 2020+4.

Evermore other people's trivial hedonistic motivation's and their limited understanding of the world set me apart from them further and I wonder what the point of being informed and strong is in a world like this.

2020 was the year I started college. Went live 2 days before the lockdowns. Was fit, motivated, temperate and satisfied. With everything I've learned and with the ease of following world events with light-speed. I have lost all hope of a world living in.

I wake up at midday and do nothing all day. Plenty of stuff I could and should do but I just don't want to. I don't want to go back to videogames or wastes of time such as but if I can't get myself to do anything productive in a world that doesn't matter then what's the difference.

The years have been passing by and the opportunities fading away and the dissapointment and guilt and apathy rising but not enough to get me to change. If anything further demoralizing.

Is discipline getting yourself to do stuff you don't want to do or non-existent for motivated people have a clear mission which I no longer see?

I don't care anymore. There's literally no indication of steering away from downfall and nowhere on Earth to run to. How do I become cheery and resilient again?

If you only knew how bad things really are.
>>
>>32024368
Do you actually want advice and are you willing to act on it, or are you just philosophising to yourself?
>>
>>32024633
>philosophising

Is that what it looks like?

> Do you actually want advice

Read the title

> are you willing to act on it

Is it good?
>>
The short answer? YES.

You should take care of the things in front of you, OP. That means watering the plants, cleaning the trash can occasionally, and taking care of chores. As the branch bends, so grows the tree. Obligations, annoying or bot, are how you support systems that give you whst you need, and the habit of maintaining them, doing things you don't want to do, is how you learn to look beyond them. Why does the military require you to make your bed every morning? Habits become practice. A man who makes his bed is more likely to inspect that his posessions, like his boots and his rifle, are perfect and ready for hard use at any moments. That man is more likely to live longer than the lazy.
You spend a lot of time talking about other people's flawed perspective on the world, OP. Does their oblivious nature hurt you or make them less likely to get out the door in the morning? Maybe you should worry less about their thoughts and worry more about your own lack of successes thus far.
Dynamic people are not always motivated. They set goals and work on them to keep momentum when motivation decreases, as it always will at times for everyone.
I'm older and I guess successful enough to ve comfortable. I did not achieve all my life goals but I got to where I feel fairly fulfilled, and my life goals as they are now are less dramatic and easier to attain now that I am on a reasonably high plateau. Becoming a grandfather, spending more time at my vacation home, teaching my youngest kid how to take over my business someday, becoming a better cook... attainable things.
The world isn't important to individuals, OP, at all. YOUR world has smaller horizons and encompasses a manageable number of beloved people. Care for your world and your beloved people. When you do that, when more people do that, the larger world improves through diffusion.
>>
>>32025237
> You should take care of the things in front of you, OP. That means watering the plants, cleaning the trash can occasionally, and taking care of chores.

> Why does the military require you to make your bed every morning? Habits become practice. A man who makes his bed is more likely to inspect that his posessions, like his boots and his rifle, are perfect and ready for hard use at any moments. That man is more likely to live longer than the lazy.

I literally do all of this. I literally live military-style.

> As the branch bends, so grows the tree. Obligations, annoying or bot, are how you support systems that give you whst you need, and the habit of maintaining them, doing things you don't want to do, is how you learn to look beyond them.

This is not happening either naturally or forcefully.

> You spend a lot of time talking about other people's flawed perspective on the world, OP. Does their oblivious nature hurt you or make them less likely to get out the door in the morning? Maybe you should worry less about their thoughts and worry more about your own lack of successes thus far.

What I see outside compared to what we had even a century ago repulses me. Why put effort in such a world and to what end? I can't get myself to care about anything beyond coffee, mineral water and a pipe bowl.

> The world isn't important to individuals, OP, at all. YOUR world has smaller horizons and encompasses a manageable number of beloved people. Care for your world and your beloved people. When you do that, when more people do that, the larger world improves through diffusion.

I can't just live in a bubble. A world crafted to function in a manner I don't care to function on. Nothing feels worth it and I'm beyond "friends" or "love". Particularly recalling on mine and others' experiences.

I can't pick myself back up. I used to be so productive and strong.
>>
>>32024368
ESL retard.
>>
>>32025425
Yeah, I've been speaking English fluently for nearly a decade and consuming exclusively Anglo-Saxon media for that long to to the point where I'm bored of it hence I've picked up pidgin.
>>
>>32024368
>Life after the lockdowns feel like the 0AD
you literally have no comprehension of what this would feel like
>>
>>32025681
Shut the fuck up Christcuck.
>>
>>32024368
Fight the future

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.