[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718340478278983.jpg (889 KB, 1500x1999)
889 KB
889 KB JPG
Some weird bump has appeared in my groin, pretty much where pelvis meets left thigh (not on my genitals, at least from what I can see), it seems swollen and hurts everytime it comes in contact with something. Often happens when walking or sitting down. I think it might have grown since the first time I spotted it. Doesn't have any abnormalities noticeable other than being a bump; it's not red or anything. I know this is the sign of something freaky, but I want to know if it's something actually worth going to the hospital for or just a nothingburger lymph gland (which doesn't seem to be the case, none I've had were this uncomfortable). Not an STD because I don't have sex.
>>
>>32024536
Having a doctor inspect a sudden lump in groin area is _the_ thing medical institutions were built for. You don't need to be at death's door to take care of your health. In fact it's so much cheaper to prevvent disease than to treat it you could go to doctor's office every week with that kind of savings.
>>
>>32024799
I’m most likely going to the doctor tomorrow, but I’d like to know if it’s something relatively innocuous because I can’t lose too much time for my studies unless it’s something serious.
>>
>>32024946
That sounds like a swollen lymph node which is indicative of either black death or cancer.
>>
>>32024536
Lymph node most likely. You have some kind of illness. Could be cancer, could be the flu.
>>
Don't go to the dr, it's just an ingrown/cyst. They can last a while, but they go away with time.
>>
>>32025008
It’s not an ingrown, I know what those look like and it ain’t it.
>>32024956
>>32025000
This is a possibility I’ve thought about but it hurts way more than the usual lymph node. Could it be an hernia too? Don’t have any flu symptoms although I’ve been feeling tired lately
>>
>>32025069
Well, tired might be underselling it. Yesterday at the gym I had to stop because I was feeling light-headed and today I almost fell alseep in the afternoon. Guessed it was the change in schedule though
>>
>>32025069
Can you feel it with your hands? Is it rounded like a pea? I just got through this last week and just recently the swelling went away.
>>
>>32025076
Go to the emergency room asap Anon, that's all symptoms of lymphoma
>>
>>32025127
Yes I can, but I don't know how I'd describe its shape. It's meaty and fat so I can't really make out much of a shape, but I'd say vaguely spherical, yes.
>>32025169
Is it that urgent? I don't feel feverish or sweaty nor do I have the other two remaining symptoms of weight loss or itchiness. Nor do I feel constantly tired, it was just in those two instances. I'm getting ready for bed but do plan to go to the emergency ward immediately if I feel even slightly worse when I wake up. But worrying about cancer is just going to make me feel way worse from placebo.
>>
>>32025197
Also, reading about lymphomas they seem to be mostly painless. This isn't; it doesn't hurt on neutral (excuse the FGC terminology) but it does on contact/friction.
>>
>>32025197
What exercise were you doing at the gym at that time?
>>
>>32025380
Plank. I felt unusually tired and my stomach felt weird, like when you’re vomit sick. Did not vomit or feel dizzy.
>>
>>32025389
Did you add any extra weight compared to usual?
>>
>>32025403
Nope. I felt as I said quite soon after starting but had already felt oddly weary earlier.
>>
>>32025409
I may have not expressed myself right; I felt tired after starting the plank, but had been doing stuff earlier.
>>
>>32025409
Maybe you do have the flu or some kind of infection. Take it easy for a bit.
>>
>>32025420
I don’t think it’s the flu but I don’t discard the infection. And yeah, I’m doing less exercise for now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.