[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I am stuck between 2 options right now

After being jobless for about a year I decided to get a job but with no lucky. So I decided to try the Navy, after talking the asvab I got a 78 and can pick basically any job I want

But before I graduated college I took my state trooper test, and while past they never called back until last week. After the tests they want me to do I can go straight to the Academy

Should I stick with the state trooper route or go military? Some say fuck military if cops want you other say do military than figure it out
>>
the police will pay a lot better. the only reason to join the armed forces is if you’re poor and want free college. if you already have college then it doesn’t have as much upside. the only downsides of working for the police is a lot of people hate you. i hate you. but it pays well, has good job security, and there’s wild cougar blue line type bitches out there who would suck a badge covered in shit
>>
>>32026396
Dude the Navy is fun as fuck and every vet buddy of mine that went into LE hated it and quit within a year.

My advice, do something middle of the road in terms of intelligence. Do NOT go nuke or any kinda “high tech” shit because you’ll be worked to death and be the first ones on the boat and the last ones off for liberty. An E5 Crypto guy gets paid the same as an E5 cook. Go Seabees, Corpsman, or IT. The Navy isn’t the military you see on TV/movies. It’s just a regular job with a uniform and more alcoholism and travel. I had a blast when I was in and it set me up for life with the GI Bill and VA gibs. I didn’t work at all during college and lived really comfy just off the BAH and tuition refunds, $35k net for doing nothing but reading books and going to class for 4 years. Had a dope little studio apartment downtown and enough pocket money to spend at the bar on the weekends.

Fuck going LE.
>>
>>32026396
What state?
>>
>>32026455
Virginia
>>
>>32026451
I was planning on doing IS or if the navy wasn’t gonna take me, 35F for the army

I heard it has a good work life ratio for the military
>>
>>32026451
And to expand on why LE is shit, it’s because you are meeting your customer base on what is probably the worst day of their life.

There is a saying, there are only two kinds of cops; corrupt ones and incompetent ones. Which do you wanna be?
>>
>>32026474
IS is good. Stay out of Aviation, any kind of deck work, or anything that puts you in a machine room for 12 hours a day.

Don’t go Army, even if the job sounds cool. You’ll be sitting in some Midwest shithole for 4-5 years dealing with retarded Army shit. The Navy has its own retardation but it’s waaaay more laid back than every branch but Air Force. But the Air Force are a bunch of autistic nerds who also spend most of their time in Midwest shit holes while the Navy guys are almost always stationed on a beach somewhere. I spent 2 years in Japan chasing nip qts and slamming Chu HI’s in front of the family mart.
>>
>>32026451
this honestly.
>>
>>32026478
obviously the corrupt one. the incompetent ones are corrupt too but too dumb to pull it off regularly
>>
>>32026396
I won't read OP can't make up his mind threads.
>>
>>32026396
It won’t get any easier to get a cop job in the future. You should do that and join the navy if it doesn’t pan out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.