[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726770360063952.jpg (224 KB, 2400x1350)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
I just want to live my fucking life, but because of depression, I can't sleep at night, so I'm constantly tired, and I'm constantly in pain (usually burning and tightness in my chest, lower back, and sides).

This has been going since my early teens, so about 20 years. I've been to therapy, I've tried medication, I've lost weight, I've gotten a job, but nothing works. I've been checked for mental illness, and nothing there.

What the fuck can I do to stop being depressed so I can start living my life? I'm not really sure why I'm like this. I was bullied all throughout school and didn't have any close friends, but I've been out of school for over a decade (I quit high school because I just couldn't take it anymore, can't get any schoolwork done when you're constantly sick, I got my GED years later). And when I did hang out with other people, I didn't find it fulfilling. I like the idea of having friends, but the reality of it never measures up.

What do you guys think is making me unhappy? I'm not really sure what it is. At this point, the physical problems depression has given me are worse than the mental ones. I can block out the mental ones enough to hold down a job and stay calm in public, but there's nothing I can do about the lack of sleep and pain.

I did have really bad allergies and get sick a lot when I was younger, so maybe that has something to do with it?
>>
you sound miserable. i got a few lines into your post and gave up. good luck or buy a gun or whatever. i don’t care
>>
>>32026665
That's why I'm asking for help, I've been miserable for most of my life and I don't know why. It started around the time I finished elementary school/started middle school. I'm 30 now. So the last time I was happy was nearly 20 years ago.

I've been miserable for that long, and I don't know why. I'm physically and mentally healthy (my check-ups always come back positive, I'm not fat and by heartrate and blood are normal) and I've been checked for any mental disability, and nothing there either. I don't know how despite being miserable, tired from lack of sleep, and in pain all the time, I'm apparently considered "normal" by doctors.
>>
>>32026643
>>32026690
>I'm physically and mentally healthy
Physically maybe, but clearly not mentally. It's good you've been to doctors to check your physiology, but have you been to any professionals that specialize in mental health? You obviously have problems and they should be able to help you identify them.
Be aware it can be a long process that could take years. Your issues might never be resolved, and you may just have to learn techniques to cope with everything the best you can. But one way or another these mental health professionals will help you. As long as you're willing to be open and honest with them, and you put the effort in, you should be heading in a much better direction.
>>
>>32026643
I've been depressed from my teens to now, but it's slowpy clearing up but not particularly easy. I've been cleaning up my diet, that helps keep my emotions and thinking a bit clearer, more reliable esp., getting into better shape, got rid of my weed and alcohol habits, mavouvered into the welfare system so I actually have some time to do something I can feel proud of besides the daily svffering, and presently I'm working my way through the Buddhist meditative system / path bc that's supposed to actually work to discern root causes of suffering, though mostly it's concerned with emotional and mental health technically it does also extend to physical health.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a8pae_ON1A
As to therapies you do you, I'd rather have no time for hobbies or friendsand DIY than spend a lot of time with doctors; how things are set up here is not my thing, but I can understand there are people who like and find use in some of it.
>>
>>32027022
tbc I've something like seasonal depression, it's about half the solar year but yeah it's a significant obstacle.
>>
File: 2331.png (680 KB, 629x510)
680 KB
680 KB PNG
There is a great empire out there - and it is not beyond you. To praise God, and his son Jesus shall bind to this great will which propels mankind forward: what better connection, vigor, and fulfillment than serving the Lord?

Come, and be saved. Here you will find all the purpose you need - never having to look back once.
>>
>>32026643
Some people are meant to simple be miserable for the rest of their life for no reason. So the best thing to do is to take the easy way out imo.
>>
You’re clearly not mentally well and suffer from depression

I find the only time im not depressed is when I’m out all day on vacation
>>
Reconnect with your conscience, read the Bible and believe in Christ. Write, express and meditate.
>>
>>32026643
I won't read this howie saga that we've seen before.
>>
>>32027237
I can't live my life if I'm miserable. I want to stop being miserable so I can start living my real life.
>>
bet the antidepressants you tried were ssris
they're garbage
try one of those snris instead, like wellbutrin

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.