[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: autism.jpg (69 KB, 660x650)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
I tried to join the United States military earlier this year but I was not allowed due to an autism diagnosis I received during my childhood. I don’t think of myself as autistic, I consider myself to be 0% autistic and 100% neuronormative. I tried to get the diagnosis cleared by several psychiatrists at this point this year but all of them have refused and reaffirmed the diagnosis, usually citing my supposed speech patterns and supposedly monotone voice.

I just want to be a normie, I don’t want to be thought of or seen as autistic in any way. I know for an absolute fact that I am neuronormative in every way possible. I don’t want anything to do with autism, I don’t see myself as autistic in any way. This dysphoria that the label of “autism” that has been forced upon me has almost driven me to suicide in several occasions.

All labels are socially constructed, all disabilities are socially constructed. Why can’t I just be myself without a label other than myself?

How do I get the diagnosis removed from myself? How do I convince the psychiatrists and everyone else that I’m not autistic? It wasn’t fair when the label of “autism” was forced upon me during my childhood, this label ruined my life, I want to die.
>>
>>32027034
There is no reasonable way to remove it once you've got it. Why do you want in the military, you want to die in some ditch from a mortar strike, slowly bleeding yoyr guts out?
>>
Chances are that you're not neurotypical.
>All labels are socially constructed, all disabilities are socially constructed. Why can’t I just be myself without a label other than myself?
You sound autistic to me. How did you type that without another person's possible perspective going through your head at least once?
>>
>>32027133
US military is not gonna get geployed anywhere in the foreseeable future. Military jobs are pretty decent as long as you have no gf waiting/cheating on you at home.

>>32027034
welcome to the club. I once went to a shrink with a burnout in college. I was not allowed into a private insurance (we also have state insurance here in Germany) because of that years later.
>>
>>32027442
Lmao we are literally on the brink of world war 3
>>
>>32027452
4chan/Twitter memes are not reality.
>>
>>32027034
kys
>>
stop obsessing over it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.