[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>29
>barely work
>avoid everyone
>obsessive
>diagnosed asbergers,
>all therapists are just positive talkers and feel highly patronizing
>avoidant and anxious
>always wanted to make it academia
>however, can't focus and just obsess over my obsessions instead of
>severe chronic procrastination
>have severe episodes of anxiety attacks
>also derealization and dissassociation

I think the diagnosis wasn't enough, and I think I have C-PTSD. Also, there's apparently almost no help from official sources on trauma and emotional control. I had to do everything by my own research. Therapists and councellors just gave me blank stares of confusion at any of my issues.

Should I go onto any medication? The anxiety and avoidance is a huge issue. I think all my problems stem from poor emotional control.

I can spend literally 16 hours on something I find interesting, but if it's "work" i have zero interest in it. I also can't read like at all without my mind wandering and not being able to focus on the page.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200121-why-procrastination-is-about-managing-emotions-not-time

Apparently emotional disregulation and lack of focus is a part of ADHD.
>>
>>32185848
Stop listening to "doctors"

All you need to do is harness all of that energy in a way that's productive. Once you find that thing that you're really good at, nothing else matters
>>
>>32185977
I obviously have real problems, but one on one intervention has been utterly useless. counselors and therapists seem like nitwits who know nothing.

Which is wild because I've made progress, and done reading and watched youtube vids by psychologists. So in person i get blank stares, but these sources gives me specific tips and practices. I'm just confused why that is.
>>
very bad.
>>
you need meds. meds now.
>>
>>32185848
If you've made this thread twice before, I've already offered advice, but heres more.

1. Be honest with yourself. Like, completely honest, embrace the bad feelings.

2. Don't seek validation from others. We all are just as fucked as you, not a single person in this universe is flawless or perfect.

3. Based on these 3 paragraphs and my own complete lack of experience, I would say you are "neurodivergent". Do with that what you will.
>>
>>32185848
>severe chronic procrastination
>can spend literally 16 hours on something I find interesting, but if it's "work" i have zero interest in it

vyvanse this is literally a textbook case of a drug existing that cures one specific problem. you have that problem. you need to take at least a little levoamphetamine salt now and then. any further inquiry is just denying the truth, you have a solved problem
>>
>>32187502
I disagree
>can spend literally 16 hours on something I find interesting, but if it's "work" i have zero interest in it
If you can, genuinely, spend that much time consistently on one thing, I really dont think thats adhd. Or you are just literally addicted to that one thing.

If you take adhd meds, and you already have the capacity to hone in on something for that long, I really dont think the meds will be helpful to you at all? You'd just be tunnel visioned like crazy
>>
>>32187824
>>32187502
lol drug addicts
>>
>>32187824
adhd is either or focus. hyper focus on one thing, no focus on anything else.
>>
>>32190536
"adhd" isn't anything, just a list of symptoms. I've never met anyone who can do anything for that long that isn't already on stimulants
>>
>>32185848
>How bad is it?
Very
>>
>>32191366
based
>>
>>32186269
>>32186892
>>32190449
>>32190536
>>32191366
>>32193186
Stfu theres no other answers I or anyone else can give you
>>
>>32193493
>anon is the world's most unique person

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.