[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1695849436292296.gif (2.13 MB, 232x232)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
>pigs are just dogs that people decided to eat because they were fatter
>>
File: 1640355817841.webm (1.47 MB, 640x800)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB WEBM
>>
>>4769282
>pigs are just dogs
I wish that was true. But they really are anything but.
>>
>>4769287
Ignore my credentials.
>>
>>4769282
Pigs are pretty gross and unhygienic animals too so there’s that
>>
>>4769309
No they're not.

>>4769282
Bottle fed cows too, but they are too big for most households. :(
>>
>>4769282
The global majority also eats dogs
>>
>>4769322
>No they're not.
You are an asset of the Hog lobby.
>>
>>4769326
Mainland continental Europeans used to eat a lot of dog too
>>
>>4769282
Pigs are little sociopaths without any of the basic sovl of a social pack hunter. They are totally unlike dogs.
>>
>>4769282
i mean if you're a bigass faggot and you dont like it
maybe keep one
>>
>>4769327
They don't shit where they sleep. I guess the mud wallowing is sort of unhygenic, but also not really. A non factory farmed pig smells pleasant also. The one big momma piggy I got to smell had an aroma of maple syrup and hay.
>>
>>4769329
“a lot” sounds like an exaggeration
i imagine most things were on the menu for a certain time for most people though
>>
>>4769282
>pigs are just yet another animal that cannot emote, we use pigs as a living garbage containers and then eat them
>>
>>4769329
>the Swiss occasionally ate dogs and mediaeval peasants would eat cats and dogs during a serious famine
>ergo...
>>
>>4769747
What is this
>>
>>4769329
yes, used to. asians do it today
>>
>>4769377
you could have just said you wanted to fuck a pig from the start
>>
>>4769860
No need when I have your mother at my beck and call.
>>
>>4769747
Thats some daemonculaba-tier shit
>>
>>4769800
ai slop
>>
>>4769282
Well if they didn't want to be eaten they should have evolved opposable thumbs. You snooze you lose porky.
>>
>>4769786
Germans too. Used to be a big problem with the sausage industry.
>>
>>4769282
>decided to eat because they were fatter
Humans eat pigs because pigs turn literal garbage into food.
Dogs require meat, which is high value food.
The entire basis of livestock rearing is turning either low value or inedible food into high value food.
>>
>guinea pigs are literally just livestock domesticated to be consumed that people outside of the Andes decided to not eat because just they're cute
They're the ultimate proof of human bias
>>
>>4770098
Do you have the picture of the chinese pig latrines? Imagine the smell of the shit fed meat.
>>
>>4770101
guniea pigs are too small. pigs on the otherhand are not only bigger, but more resilent to sickness etc.
our ancestors chose pigs and cattle for a good reason
>>
>>4769282
I dunno man, I have eaten both dog and pig, and by far pig tastes way better
>>
>>4769425
Yes, see >>4769786
>>
>>4770101
at least someone finally found a use for these overrated rat things
>>
>>4769282
pigs arent similar to dogs at all, theyre selfish assholes
>>
>>4769289
>>4769287
kek
>>
>>4769282
Pigs are humans reincarnated
In their past life they were scum, now they are destined to eat shit and waste then devoured
>>
>>4769282
Anon? Where is he going??
>>
>>4770797
>they have self-preservation so they're assholes
classic america moment.
>>
>>4772233
Dogs also have self preservation.

Pigs just have a complete lack of cooperation, which is why they're so easy to farm. Farming dogs is extremely dangerous. Slaughtering them causes the other dogs to attack you. A pig might have traded its cooperation for better spatial reasoning but all it got it was a chance to play a video game slightly better. Slaughtering them causes the other pigs to... try and eat the pig you just slaughtered.

It's a lesson for anyone who think autists are just fine and don't need conditioning to cooperate with others.
>>
File: domestic meat pig future.png (1.09 MB, 2300x1080)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>4769282
https://akarlin.com/animals/

>Most normal, civilized people living today would agree that reducing animal suffering is a worthy goal. But how do we to go about it?

>We can at least all agree, at a minimum, that plants don’t have sentience, so veganism is one philosophically and logically consistent option. The problem is that while there are some almost entirely carnivorous cultures on the planet (Inuit), as well as some almost completely vegetarian ones (Indian Brahmins), there are no vegan ones. This suggests that humans are not evolved for veganism. Interestingly, some genomic studies suggest that Indians may be unusually well adapted to vegetarianism; this wouldn’t surprise me, as they seem to be the one people who have figured out how to make vegetarian food really delicious. This might not apply to other peoples. For instance, a study of German vegetarians found them to have significantly higher than average rates of mental disorders.

>Another “absolute” solution to animal suffering may lie in technology, such as artificially grown meat, or fully chemical production of nutritionally optimized foods [1]. There is already work on lab grown meat, though a burger produced using these hi-tech methods costs thousands of dollars. There are even more exotic suggestions, such as David Pearce’s famous argument for genetically editing carnivorous animals to make them vegetarian and usher in a glorious era of peace between the lion and the antelope.

>However, realistically speaking, vegetarianism – let alone veganism – is not going to be widely adapted anytime soon. Even in the WEIRDest countries, no more than 10-15% of the population say they are vegetarians, while vegans are in the low single digits. Meanwhile, any technological solutions are likely still decades away.
>>
>>4772984
>unironicaly posts fetish art with veganism greentext
>>
>>4772984
there's nothing wrong with this until they start doing it to farm human organ
>>
>>4772996
What organ, are you talking about THE organ?
>>
>>4772984
The other options

Reducing animal suffering is not a worthy goal, and some animals may not even suffer, but their nociception and alarm behavior is highly conserved in the ones that do.
>>
>>4772998
don't matter
they already farmed goys to produce unlimited foreskin anyway
>>
>>4769282
Pigs actually taste a lot better than dogs
>>
>>4773011
you just need to cook it longer and add more ginger
>>
>>4773014
Only third worlders eat ginger
>>
>>4773021
irish do but only during siege
>>
>>4773021
what’s wrong with ginger
>>
>>4773077
Gives you gingervitis
>>
>>4769282
Is he ok??
>>
>>4769289
No I will not, what spider is best cooked on a grill?
>>
>>4772984
>Reduce animal suffering
Plants suffer too, you know? Let's just starve to death because we are so damn nice.
>>
>>4774573
>full of seething and buzzwords and strawmen
i don't know what else i expected
>>
>>4772235
This is your brain on /anpol/
>>
>>4774585
yeah...i'm not reading that novel of seething either lmao
>>
>>4774585
Read it
100% correct

>>4774592
Drop the pathetic act. You got btfo. Inb4 more trying to act aloof while you sweat behind the screen.
>>
>>4772984
>For instance, a study of German vegetarians found them to have significantly higher than average rates of mental disorders.
>science accidentally admits that Veganism literally induces mental illnesses
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! ! 1
>>
>>4769282
I can tell you for a fact that pig tastes better
>>
>>4769326
That isn't even a thing in all of china let alone the majority of the world
>>
>>4769337
I remember a farmanon whose bitch gave birth next to the pig pen and the pigs are the newborn pups save for two she protected by hiding them behind a barrel
The dog was stressed out of her mind trying to fight for her pups after just giving birth
For some reason people try to convince me that these things are just toddlers
>>
>>4774592
What a fucking loser
>>
>>4774620
The vegan agenda is "everything is just dogs!"

Even pitbulls, boggles the mind
>>
>>4774595
>Drop the pathetic act.
don't talk about the incel that cried about foreskins unprompted in a thread that has nothing to do with them. he's probably very sensitive about still being a grown adult and still being a virgin
>>
>>4769282
*because they were delicious
ftfy
>>
>>4774666
>STILL crying about foreskins in a thread about pigs
jesus christ little man, get it together. i know you'll probably will never feel the warmth of a woman without paying for it, but that's not the jew's fault. blame your parents for snipping you if anything; the jews didn't have a gun to their head.
>>
>>4774672
What's this tldr projection
Cutting parts off non-consenting people is wrong

is this some weird vegan shit where they say if you eat meat you should be ok with murder? fag
>>
>>4774580
I don't know what that guy's problem is, seems like he hates jews or something, but circumcision is 100% incontrovertably baby rape so it's a bit of an odd look trying to act like it's cool or not a big deal or whatever when it's actually industrial-scale sexual violence being perpetrated on minors.
>>
File: 1709341060553672.webm (3.69 MB, 372x360)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB WEBM
>>4774673
Pig thread, talk about pigs here.
>>
>>4774777
>porkour
>>
>>4774778
Damn, renaming it right now.
>>
>another thread derailed by /pol/niggers screeching about jews
>>
>>4769282
>fatter
tastier*
>>
>>4774829
True. Even the cultures that eat dogs don't render their fat but anyone that eats pork has used lard to fry things.
>>
you make it worse retard dial 8 harder
>>
>>4770200
Shrimps are smaller and we eat them.
Don't try to make up a practical reason for it, it all comes down to cuteness and cultural practices.
>>
>>4772235
>Pigs just have a complete lack of cooperation, which is why they're so easy to farm
You got it backward, docile animals are the easiest to farm.
Also, pigs are used to find truffles.
>>
Want to know why the anti-circumcision posts got deleted, and the equally off topic pro-circumcision posts did not?

because they got reported, and the other guy did the reporting by cycling airplane mode on his phone until a janny who cared saw a report. Jannies don't browse threads and take sides. They respond to reports.

The guy mad and trying to defend circumcision with "hurrdurr virgins" was mad enough to report all of the posts disagreeing with them. Someone must have cut the tip of his dick off, kek!

Fuck your vegan bait thread.
Cutting off the tips of babies dicks is morally, ethically, and viscerally wrong. It's sexual violence on an industrial scale and there is no justification for it.
>inb4 muh cleanliness! the jewnited states back WHO sed-
Take baths. Use condoms. Done. Cutting off the tips of babies dicks is sexual violence on a mass scale. It's how a primitive schizo tribe from the middle east used to mark their slaves.

I bet he'll cycle airplane mode on his phone to report spam this one. Jannies, if he does, just delete the thread lmao
>>
>>4773037
>only third worlders eat ginger
>>
>>4775196
Halfdicks btfo
>>
>>4769309
That's just Hollywood/popular media brainwashing. Given actual space they are no less hygienic than any housepet you could have, and more hygienic than most. They are also more intelligent than cats.

However this doesn't mean they're great pets or companions. They are absolute shit pets/companions as their size and food drive are off the charts. They would eat you given the chance (opportunistic feeders).
>>
>mutilated virgin STILL CRYING
>>
>>4775196
>because they got reported, and the other guy did the reporting by cycling airplane mode on his phone until a janny who cared saw a report.
there’s probably a handful of people here who do this so they can be obnoxious so probably
>>
File: IMG_20240401_220405655.jpg (2.67 MB, 4096x3072)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
>>4769282
I love my pigger but they are not anything like dogs. Also I do not support factory farming for any animals
>>
>>4769283
MOOOODSS!!!!
>>
>>4775181
Cultural practices yes, but shrimp, like all sea-life, can be fished by the ton in a few hours, it has nothing to do with being cute or not
>>
>>4775182
Did you even read the post?
>>
>>4775196
>Jannies don't browse threads and take sides. They respond to reports.
This anon obviously doesn't lurk /v/ or /co/.
>>
>>4772984
>There are even more exotic suggestions, such as David Pearce’s famous argument for genetically editing carnivorous animals to make them vegetarian and usher in a glorious era of peace between the lion and the antelope.
Something tells me David Pearce doesn't know shit about ecology
>>
>>4775196
based
>>
>>4775840
>/v/
>/co/
thank allah i don't
>>
>>4775196
>noooo you can't just delete my off-topic post that's against the rules how can this be happening to me
lol
lmao
>>
>>4774574
>Plants suffer too, it's ok to persecute animals.
Animals suffer too, is it ok to persecute humans?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.