[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: clint's reptiles.jpg (106 KB, 529x541)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Was it autism?
>>
Having an intense, almost sexual, love for lizards? Yes, yes it is autism.
>>
Mormonism and autism have very similar expressions
>>
>>4774278
What does he like about them so much?
>>
>>4774290
they're stinkin' rad
>>
File: linnik.jpg (103 KB, 900x900)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
she cute
>>
>>4774312
Good content but so fucking annoying delivery and editing I can't watch
>>
>>4774312
Lindsay's videos imbue in me intrusive thoughts of handholding.
>>
File: Untitled.png (708 KB, 854x481)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>4774273
worse
>>
>>4774273
Is he based or cringe? I can't decide
>>
>>4774319
Look, she is californian and a zoomer to a T, but I think you are not appreciating the juxtaposition of a woman in her mid 20s, dressing and speaking like a 14 year old boy. It is a powerful combination.
>>
>>4774341
Anon, look up the definition of based. He is cringy as fuck but he is based about it.
>>
>>4774341
All reptilefreaks are cringe
>I'm gonna take these far more intelligent, cooler, warm-blooded creatures and feed them to these barely-sentient cold-blooded monsters
For what purpose
>>
>>4774351
Can't you just feed them bugs?
>>
>YOU CAN'T EVOLVE OUT OF A CLADE REEEE
>>
>>4774312
Thought that was a pilgrim hat lol
>>
>>4774351
The average person lacks the moral reasoning power to deliberate such logical conclusions.
>>
>>4774351
cry harder incel
>>
>>4774377
No one who owns a reptile has ever had sex
>>
>>4774312
I just can watch anyone with a septum piercing
>>
>>4774351
But enough about china's dog meat industry

What about the reptiles? Some of them just eat eggs, some of them eat plants, some of them eat bugs.
>>
>>4774341
The reality is that being cringe is based
>>
>>4774411
Some retards are literally incapable of thinking of herps outside of large snakes, and even then they don't consider the fact that the vast majority of owners of these animals feed them frozen or pre-killed food (which is of course, objectively no different than feeding lamb to a dog)
>>
>>4774376
>>4774377 proves your point
>>
>>4774351
All feeder endotherms are retarded with a single brain cell. Bottom of the food chain trash.

There is a reason rodents have such short lifespans and multiply like crazy.
>>
>>4774341
It's nice having someone presenting reptiles as pets who doesn't look like an aspiring Soundcloud rapper.

>>4774356
"Whales are fish" — Laidlaw Taxonomy Tips
>>
>>4774312
Never trust a woman who does her eyebrows like that, especially in combination with a septum piercing and a reptile hobby.
>>
>>4774339
He puts that in the back door
>>
>>4774279
Is he definitely Mormon? He has Mormon face.
>>
>>4774688
He lives in Utah, has four kids, and is pretty clean-cut relative to his peers in the reptile hobby, so it'd be surprising if he weren't.
>>
>>4774688
>>4774694
He also taught at BYU, so I would be SHOCKED if he wasnt
>>
>>4774688
What exactly is "Mormon face"
>>
>>4774694
he's also mentioned being religious
>>
>>4774312
I fucking hate TikTok biology with a passion.
>>
>>4774746
mormons are mostly descended from a small group of original settlers so they mostly look alike. you notice it when you spend time around them.
>>
>>4774312
ENDURANCE RUN!
>>
>>4774273
So was it autism or Mormonism? They manifest similarly sometimes.
>>
>>4774942
Autistic Mormon starts YouTube channel about his special interest—many such cases!!
>>
JOSEPH SMITH WAS A PROPHET
DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB
HE FOUND SOME MAGIC GOLDEN TABLETS
DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB
>>
>>4774387
>>4774522
wise words/posts
>>
>>4774694
He was also born in Peru and they have a pretty big colony down there.
>>
>>4774351

t. Rat
>>
>>4774930
All night and all day with this tiny woman
>>
>>4774930
>dotards on /an/
One world is much like another.
>>
>>4774312
she's a fucking lesbian, death to this bitch
>>
>>4776200
lmao calm down incel
>>
>>4774312
that's a dude
>>
>>4776364
>see a woman
>think of men
got some bad news anon...
>>
>>4774351
>But but it loves me!

Nah. But the rats you keep in a Tupperware bin genuine could love you.
>>
File: beter.jpg (31 KB, 276x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Aw sweet new phylogeny autism just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H63S6QG-8Ow
>>
>>4776364
I can kind of see it now that you mention it but not really
>>
>>4774925
Some characteristics, or just the way the face is aligned? (Aside from the obvious: blue eyes etc. don’t count)
>>
Aren't tegu warm blooded? They could potentially have greater capacity for emotion than other lizards.

>>4774279
>>4774688
He makes but "But ackshully!" evolution vs. creationism videos, I doubt he's Mormon.
>>
>>4777601
Tegu are in the clade that includes the only warm blooded lizards. He explains it in his videos.
>>
>>4777541
Loving this new content he's shitting out.
>>
File: 5452.jpg (45 KB, 491x359)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>4777566
I dont know about what he said regarding settlers but many mormons Ive met project this energy of being terminally upbeat/smiley that is uncanny and a little unnerving (spend enough time around them and you start to see through the façade tho). They give off cult-vibes I guess is how Id best describe it, and if youre perceptive enough you can pick 'em out of a crowd easily.
>>
>>4777804
>many mormons Ive met project this energy of being terminally upbeat/smiley
it's because they don't have crippling depression from the worst parts of modern society since they intentionally distance themselves from it. you get the same vibes in safer third-world countries where the pace of life is slow and people just enjoy existing.
>>
>>4777840
>safer third-world countries
True in a way, I’ve seen it myself but only if they’re not living in abject squalor either
>>
>>4777840
Idk man, there's a difference between the calm happiness of some Mongolian shepherd and the manic wide-eyed grin of the Mormon. Reminds me of pitbulls, like you can tell theres no soul in there.
>>
>>4774339
this is when i blocked his channel, unsubbed when he started fucking around with phylogeny sophistry
>UM DID U KNOW THAT....
>ACKSHULLY...
>BIRDS ARE LE REPTILES!!!
shit's fucking retarded. we all know 'reptiles' are a polyphyletic group developed based on descriptive criteria in the era where cetaceans were considered fish.
>>
>>4777888
The phylogeny videos are a fine way to find out about different branches of the tree of life that I'd normally only find out about on e621's tag wiki.
>>
>>4777901
holy based
>>
File: I hate you.png (296 KB, 800x789)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>4774312
People attempting to dumb down biology for normies is fine. However tiktok biology slop is unwatchable. Twitter/youtube comment section level ebonics combined with a giant helping of as many pop culture or meme references you can jam into that 60 seconds is an absolutely vile combination that aparrently works really well for raking in braindead zoomers.
I want to hear about the animal not hear the same stupid tropes about chimps can totaly wreck you bro and how this dinosaur is such a nope moment if you see it at night bro!
>>
>>4774351
Disingenuous award
Snakes are a minority of reptile pets. Most reptile pets are retarded lizards and turtles that only eat lettuce and bugs
>>
>>4777888
I don't see what's wrong with calling birds dinosaurs. They walk like dinosaurs would and are the closest thing to them that we have. So its a nice cope to have because everyone misses dinosaurs
>>
>>4777935
birds are dinosaurs in the same sense that we're basal synapsids. we descended from them and share ancestry with other things that descended from them. we are *not* them though.
>>
>>4777541
He never should've stopped talking about reptiles. I hate when youtubers get thier dicks sucked enough for being good at what they do, that they think the special part is them, and stop talking about their main gig and just turn their channel into thier personal dumping ground.
>>
>>4777935
It's because they're "dinosaurs" in basically the same way that whales are fish or hyenas are cats. You can't evolve out of a clade, but you can pile on enough phenotypic differentiation that you might as well have.
>>
>>4777932
>Snakes are a minority of reptile pets.
Are they? It feels like ball pythons and common boas are basically the default reptile options.
>>
>>4777967
They're not very different from most extinct theropods, at all. They are plain ass dinosaurs. Just not to the kind of person that thinks early synapsids were dinosaurs because dinosaur = big scaly old.
>>
>>4777944
At minimum, he needed to do "Dog: The Best Pet Mammal?" and similar videos just so that people would have a landmark for where normal pets fit into the scoring system.
>>
>>4777967
No, it's like saying sharks are fish, because they obviously are.
>>
>>4777967
I mean they look like dinosaurs with beaks
>>
>>4778017
...and small, and covered in actual feathers, etc.
You can see the connection to a specific dinosaur lineage if you're specifically looking for it, but if you drew a dinosaur genus out of a hat, it'd probably have nothing to do with birds.
>>
>>4774351
>I can eat cows, pigs and chickens
>But feeding a dead rodent to my snake is evil and heinous
Do ratfags think that every snake owner live feeds when pretty much every care guide will tell you not to do that?
>>
File: literal dinosaur.webm (2.94 MB, 640x640)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>4778029
Speak for yourself
>>
Were all plants at some point.
>>
File: 1692951585091667.webm (2.97 MB, 640x590)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>4778029
>>
>>4778647
>must go faster
>>
>>4777967
It’s more like in the same way whales are mammals. Hyenas aren’t cats to begin with nor did they evolve from them, so that is not comparable
>>
>>4777967
You can only call whales fish if you call birds fish also.
>>
>>4777968
Leopard geckos and bearded dragons are the more normal pic, but most reptile owners aren't normal, so I don't know how that shakes out

t. Owns a boa constrictor
>>
>>4777968
Apparently, among zoomers, reptiles are "normal" pets, but zoomers are by far the least normal generation with the highest rates of homosexuality, genuinely evil sexual deviance, and oddly deformed figures.
>>
>>4778029
There were LOTS of small theropod dinosaurs covered in feathers. Tons. There were even large ones covered in feathers. None of them were modern birds, but modern birds are clearly that specific kind of dinosaur.

>They're not very different from most extinct theropods, at all. They are plain ass dinosaurs. Just not to the kind of person that thinks early synapsids were dinosaurs because dinosaur = big scaly old.
>>
>>4778139
Damn thats a cool bird. Its even got a goatee.
>>
>>4777988
He has done both dogs and cats.
They score poorly because if you lock them in a box for a week with no food, their health suffers.

And I kind of get that, mammal and bird pets are a bigger commitment than a lizard or especially a snake.
>>
>>4779288
Sorry, incomplete thought. I get that, they’re a bigger commitment, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t better pets, we’ve had a commensal relationship with dogs for 40,000 years and cats for 10,000 years, the idea that they’re worse pets than a box full of sand you periodically sacrifice some beetle larvae to is retarded. Nothing good comes without commitment of some sort.
>>
i like him and feel his enthusiasm is genuine
on an unrelated note, i want to fuck danielle dufault
>>
>>4779288
>>4779292
I agree, sort of. He's on record in multiple videos that an animal's overall score is practically meaningless and that the individual scores and the specific details that went into them are what you should focus on, and it's implied that there are lots of subjective factors that can make the numbers basically irrelevant—human children also scored really poorly, and he's got at least four of those. Pets like dogs and children that require more commitment are fine, as long as you're willing to tolerate the commitment.
It's hard to imagine the sort of person for whom a box of sand that periodically demands beetle larvae as tribute or a box of dirt that allegedly contains a cool-looking snake would genuinely be the best option, but it's very easy to imagine the sort of person who, if he must be responsible for the care of another living creature, ought to skip dogs or cats in favor of boa or something that can be safely ignored when he doesn't feel like dealing with it, so long as he feeds it a mouse occasionally and cleans up the result.
>>
>>4777601
>They could potentially have greater capacity for emotion than other lizards.
thinking warm blood = emotions means you're retarded, sorry anon
ectotherms with more complex social systems like iguanas, rattlesnakes, garter snakes, and many many bony fish don't fit your criteria but do seem to have theory of mind
>>
>>4779524
>ectotherms with more complex social systems like [...]garter snakes
Tell me more about the theory of mind of the little guys in my back yard that I always feel bad about accidentally tagging with my weedeater.
>>
File: 20220209_141712.jpg (53 KB, 380x676)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>4780164
NTA but
>scientists got a bunch of garters together for observation
>noticed they naturally formed groups with specific other snakes when they nested
>shuffled snakes, changed hides
>the snakes sought out the ones they originally grouped with and picked out a new spot to hang out
>were able to categorize two different personalities, shy snakes that preferred to nest, and more active exploratory snakes
>shy snakes with more exploratory groupmates explored more than average and vice versa
Garters have friends, and would rather do stuff they dont like to with their friends than do stuff they like to do alone.
>>
>>4774312
Love her
>>
Anons, I want to get a blue tongue skink, they make me laugh. Plus they can pretty much eat food from the grocery store.
>>
>>4780224
This whole "snakes are biorobots" idea is vastly overblown. Even more passive snakes like the larger and slower constrictors will have preferences, memory, quirks and can even be target trained. A big issue however is that a large portion of snakes are kept in small, empty and often dark boxes for their entire lives. This deprives them of enrichment and causes whatever reactivity they have to slowly wither away.
>>
>>4780224
Garters can't really be representative of most snakes, they are a diurnal species that needs to eat daily. They have been seen to eat carrion (toad and worm roadkill) in the wild as well. they do a bunch of stuff snakes don't normally do as they are social and highly active.
>>
>>4781244
Can they? I don’t know if I’d trust that
>>
>>4781413
Carrion eating is not rare for snakes, even pitvipers like rattlesnakes are known to do it. Neither is being active and diurnal.
>>
>>4781444
Like ground turkey, greens, and the like. I know a lot of folks pretty much feed them high quality dog food. They’re garbage compactor lizards from my understanding.
>>
>>4777937
Except birds evolved alongside other groups of dinosaurs and lived among them as a different branch, this isn't comparable at all.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.