[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1647338144698.webm (2.6 MB, 720x720)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB WEBM
I have a very old but loving cat (21+yo) I've known her since I was a kid, she was my only friend back then...
I took her to the vet a few months ago and discovered she has kidney disease, with one failed kidney but the other apparently working just fine. Apart from that she seems to be having the dementies as for about an hour every day she paces frantically throughout the house bumping into walls and door frames, only stopping to stare into space and yowl loudly.
She had two seizures and has constant twitches.
She also has trouble sleeping and defecating.

She eats (a little excessive imo) and pees in her litterbox, poo has a 50% chance of being outside. Comes for pets and likes hanging around me when I chill in the living room.

I'm torn /an/. She has always been a talker but her meows sound desperate. I don't want her to suffer but she seems ok apart for a few hours everyday.
>>
>>4774428
Yeah see if u can get some painkillers but otherwise enjoy your time with your old car.
>>
>>4774432
I'm not considering it just because she is old. She is a talker and her recent yowls are not what I'm used to. They seem desperate.
>>4774433
Vet told me that if I give her painkillers it will further damage her kidneys.
>>
>>4774446
Just give her catnip, it helps with pain naturally
>>
>>4774450
Huh, totally forgot about catnip.
Will try it out
>>
>>4774473
Calm down, friend. No need for these crazy accusations.
Go get some sun and enjoy nature.
>>
>>4774450
catnip does nothing for pain
>>
>>4774428
what stage of kidney disease is she in?
>>
>>4774428
21 is pretty legendary. My oldest is only about 11~. I’d say hang in there until you’re sure there’s no other way
>>
>>4774568
It helps them forget

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.