[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone been to a cat cafe and was it worth it? There's one in the city closest to me and they charge you just for playing/petting with the cats
>>$25 for 30mins
>>$40 for 1 hr
>>$45 for an hour long puzzle activity
>>$60 for a 2hr movie screening
And you have to buy at least 1 drink or snack per hour from their cafe. The main reason I wanted to go is all the cats are available for adoption.
>>
>>4781994
How do they work? Are all the cats tested and vaccinated? Are they spayed/neutered? I assume there’s a separate area to play with the cats away from where you dine
>>
>>4782001
I'm assuming they'd have to be vaxxed in order to be adoption ready. And not from what I've seen. Cats move around the cafe freely and customers can feed them cat treats and ice water
>>
>>4781994
IMAGINE the fucking SMELL
>>
File: 1668752368823439.gif (3.98 MB, 420x236)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB GIF
>>4782049
>>
>>4782049
It smells so delicious that if you were to smell it you'd want to lick it
>>
>>4782053
Me when going to a nasty dog person's home
>>
One just opened the next block down from me last week. I've not been and I've no intention to go but I thought that fad died a while ago. The rabbit cafe the next neighbourhood would be more my thing but I'm not sure they're still in business because, again, this fad has been dead a decade now.
>>
>>4782070
Maybe in the major cities that get trends first but it's new to a lot of the world
>>
>>4782063
seething catschizo
>>
>>4782063
Based
>>
>>4782063
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>4782070
>because, again, this fad has been dead a decade now.
What? Really? Pretty sure Japan/Korea still has them in droves. Don’t know about North America/Europe though
>>
>>4781994
>cats + cafe
I've never seen something so woman in all my life
>>
>>4782063
Dogs smell great. Do the criminally inclined have a gene for disliking dog aromas?
>>
>>4782162
wait until you hear about dogs + cafe
>>
>>4781994
Another victim of consumerism. I'm sorry for you anon. You could just go to a cat shelter if your goal is to be surrounded by cats.

Also why can't more people see how unnatural and wrong it is to keep all those animals in a closed space exploited by selfish humans?
With cats it is at least a bit more acceptable because cats can be domesticated, then there's stupid shit like fukuro cafe. It is straight up abuse towards wildlife.
>>
File: 1713862642291095.jpg (89 KB, 945x944)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>Hey I have this great idea for a business
>Think cat hoarder but also food and drinks
Cat people are retarded
>>
>>4782236
My goal is to adopt one and the shelter's require all these references I don't have. Figured this would be easier. A lot of these cafe cats were headed towards euthanasia. And I agree about fukuro and the fox village
>>
I've heard bad things about the cat cafe in my town. Animal shelters are poorly funded and workers are stretched thin enough, so I'm not surprised adding retail work and restaurant duties on top of that work leads to lax standards for a lot of things.
>>
>>4783059
What kinds of bad things have you heard?
>>
>>4783199
Just that the cats don't seem happy most of the time, that the staff aren't very good with them or the customers, that it smells
>>
>>4783203
Well these cafes are just temporary shelter until they get adopted anyway
>>
>>4782162
>I've never seen something so woman in all my life
Cat yoga while drinking rosé. Yes, this is very much a real thing.
>>4782072
I guess. Sorry if that sounded critical. I've been s city mouse my entire life.
>>4782154
>Japan/Korea still has them
But they're weird.

As said, I'd go to the rabbit cafe if it's still around. Bunnies are so sawft
>>
I've never been to one and there aren't any near me but I'd love to go to the model train cat cafe.
>>
>>4783310
It never occurred to me how cool model trains are
>>
>>4782193
I've seen those, there's one for sammoyeds, shiba inus, huskies and various small breeds
>>
>>4783550
I bet there's no pitbull cafe
>>
File: Pitse.jpg (283 KB, 1080x811)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>4783919
>>
>>4784131
Imagine the lawsuits
>>
>>4782193
Dog cafes are actually very clean and orderly. The dogs are well trained and don't climb onto your plate or attack your pasta.
>>
>>4784348
Theres very clean cat cafes too, it all depends on the work ethic of the staff
>>
>>4784348
I don’t imagine that’s common for cat ones either or the health code violations/complaints would shut it down
Also nothing to do with what he said
>>
>>4784131
>24 likes
telling
bet there’s a section where you can leave your kids unattended with them while you relax and enjoy your bean water
>>
>>4784131
Looked them up on yelp, they bit someone and went out of business
>>
>>4784531
Pottery.
>>
>>4781994
>$25 for 30mins
What the fuck? Aren't you already consuming food/drinks when going to a cafe?
Why not go to a shelter or a petting zoo?
>>
>>4781994
Ive been to a few. Theyre just adoption centers with snacks
>>
>>4784619
That's what I said, it seems like a lot for just playing with cats. Though I like that the cats are being provided activities to do
>>
>>4784131
shoulda done it with toadlines
>>
>>4784682
>Waiter! There's a dead dog in my soup!
>>
>>4781994
I went to a bunny cafe in my town. You have to book an appointment beforehand and only one group is allowed in at a time. You have to wash your hands and they give you a cup of lettuce to feed the bunny (you don’t have to buy any drinks or snacks, the visit is $16 per person for an hour).
You sit in a pen with a bunny and pet them until they don’t want to be pet anymore. Then you can sit and watch the bunny sleep or you can go into another pen to pet a different bunny (they have four).
For $16 it was worth it for me because I’d never touched a bunny before. It was nice that they respected the bunnies when they didn’t want attention.
>>
>>4784685
so what about the cafe part lol
>>
>>4784808
I was in the bun zone and had no interest in refreshments
>>
>>4781994
I went to a couple, they’re fairly common in Asian cities
They’re okay, sort of a photo op scene though, and anything you buy their will be overpriced
I’d recommend it as a date
If you love cats, just get your own cat - no need to pay $50 just to hang out with them for an hour
>>
been to one once in a poor country, actually
all cats are very well behaved, used to lots of people and love scritches. they have places to go to if they've had enough of people and all customers are respectful. they arent allowed on tables or to eat/drink people food/drink. they are usually large, long haired kinds that are well groomed, but there are some other expensive breeds aswell. all spayed and neutered. kitty litter boxes hidden away and cleaned regularly. the human bathrooms honestly smelled worse. the whole place looked really cool with so many places for the cats to go to, climb, hide in or show off their massive size like a statue and it was all regularly cleaned. i think twice in those hours that we stayed there. if you love cats but cant keep one or if you just wanna see some rarer breeds without having to work in a cat breeder or rescue place or hotel or whatever, you should absolutely check out a cat café. 10/10, would visit again.

some downsides: somewhat expensive food/drink, but no entry fee, so people tend to stay for a long time and queues are commonly long. there arent many of them. some places need you to reserve in advance.
>>
>>4784684
Why do their eyes and mouths always look infected?
>>
>>4782070
>rabbit cafe
imagine the shit, jesus christ.
>>
>>4785349
Poor cardiovascular performance means they are under constant stress.
>>
>>4785252
Thanks for your in depth review, I think I'll shell out for the 30 mins one just so I can try to adopt. Wish me luck
>>
>>4782177
>Literally fungus and bacteria

Sure bro I bet you smell your own feet too
>>
>>4784531
How pittieful
>>
>>4781994
One opened up near me and I've been to 4 different ones.
The only one that was expensive was in London the rest didn't go over £10.
The cats are always very well taken care of and friendly. Not well behaved at all so don't leave food unattended. Some cafes work as fosters as well were you can actually adopt the cats. If I didn't already have two I would have taken one home by now. Great for people who can't have animals but also for freaks like me who just love them.
If they are charging you out the ass to go I wouldn't recommend it but if it's not too bad I say give it a go.
>>
>>4785403
bunnies are litter trained
>>
>>4781994
I've been to a few, and I would avoid the ones in large cities. The cats in those ones tend to be more afraid since people bring in loud kids who run around and scare them. The best ones are the ones in smaller towns and villages, the cats are much more friendly and the people who work there actually give a shit and tell kids to not chase the cats.
>>
>>4781994
Yes. There's one in Georgetown in DC. I took my GF there for her birthday. It was okay. Great if you're looking to adopt as you can spend real time with potential cats. Kind of lame as a cafe in and of itself.
>>
>>4788328
perhaps but they also eat all your chargers and other wires
>>
>88
>I took my GF.
larpers need to be stopped
>>
I am stunned by the carpet and soft furnishings in the op pic
That shit is gross in a non cat cafe
What is actually wrong with catfaggots?
>>
>>4788393
Fair point.
If I ever manage to actually go to the bunny cafe, I'll take a look and see if there are wires anywhere and, if so, the status of those wires.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.