[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>gets abused for muh funny internets video
>>
File: 1630763297250.jpg (69 KB, 1024x768)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>
>>4790468
Didn't we used to eat chihuahuas?
>>
File: 1713242116382997.jpg (48 KB, 1080x990)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>4790468
Define "abuse".
>>
>>4790468
That’s what they get for being ugly and obnoxious Mexican dogs
>>
>>4790549
the aztecs did eat them but their main use was to be burned alive with people who died, to absorb the dead person's sins and get them into the afterlife.
>>
>>4790720
No wonder they look like demons
>>
>>4790720
source?
>>
>>4790549
>Didn't we used to eat chihuahuas?
Yes.
>>4790720
>the aztecs did eat them
Sort of. They ate a now extinct breed of dog specifically bred for meat but chihuahuas were also, uncommonly, eaten. Pic is unrelated to the breed as far as I know.
>>4790720
>their main use was to be burned alive with people who died
Not their main use but that was indeed common. Their main use was a companion, an alarm for predators/enemies, and spirituality. IIRC only nobles and above were buried with their pups.
> to absorb the dead person's sins and get them into the afterlife
Incorrect. It is the honor Xolotl to have one of his kin help guide the dead through the afterlife to reach Xolotl.
>>4790782
I wish I could give you lists of sources, but Catholics and Spaniards destroyed most sources. The ones we do have are few and usually edited by the aforementioned groups to fit a certain narrative.
I can give you this site
https://www.mexicolore.co.uk/aztecs/
Unless you want book recommendation that are Spanish.
>>
>>4790788
>absorb the sins
was it in a good way or a bad way?
>>
>>4790792
To my knowledge, they do not absorb sins. I can't find confirmation of what I'm thinking for what absolves sins. I want to say it's related to the ceremony/sacrifice to Tezcatlipoca.

This specific example does not absolves sins. However, there may be another God that would absolve sins if:
>a slave or plebian is chosen as tribute
>that person would then dress up and embody that God
>they are given a concubine, food, drink, and overall treated like an Emporor/God
>after time period (a year for Tezcatlipoca) the slave/plebian has their heart ripped out to offer to the specific God
>during this time citizens would participate in some capacity that results in their sins being absolved after tribute is complete

I presume such tribute/ceremony is done for one of the Ahuiateteo: Gods of excess, degeneracy, and debauchery. Depending on the sin, you'd have to specifically choose a God that represents your sin/error.
>>
>>4790591
>being constantly bothered to the point of snapping and then bothered some more
>being coddled and not socialized to the point of social retardation and isolation from other dogs
>rarely taken to the vet when something goes wrong
>rarely fed good food, and rarely in the correct quantities
>good breeders are hard to find, most Chihuahuas are backyard bred
Chihuahuas are super cool dogs when treated well. Their reputation is a huge shame when you meet one that's not abused. Chihuahuas are what pitshits think pitbulls are, that is, genuinely misunderstood dogs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FRWKZCU8Sso
>>
>>4790788
> but Catholics and Spaniards destroyed most sources.
i’d be more inclined to say Aztecs/Mayans were not exactly proficient record keepers and they were lost to time
>>
File: lost.png (648 KB, 955x960)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
>>4790949
Nahuas had complex languages and a profound knowledge of astronomy and mathematics. And even then it's unclear if it was born from Nahua know how or if it was adopted by other civilizations a bit father southare so lost to time we can't fathom how they might have conducted themselves. Lastly, there are probably heaps of pyramids/structures that have been swallowed by thick jungle just waiting to be discovered.
>>
File: 1714376071353848.png (181 KB, 605x662)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>4790788
SMASHED
>>
>>4791008
>image
didnt they also basically give them tuberculosis which wiped them out in like 1300s
or am i just retarded
>>
>>4791008
>>4791218
>noooooooooo all those cookbooks on how to prepare human meat for feasts and sacrifices noooooo…..
>>
>>4791218
both, bro. both
>>
>>4791225
i dont think they spiced the human meat when they ate it.
>>
>>4791218
The Spanish didn’t have contact with the Mesoamericans until the 1500s and tuberculosis was likely around before the Spanish even arrived so you’re a bit retarded
>>
>>4791008
Let’s not forget that the Aztecs also eradicated Mayan works and basically wrote a new version of history with the Aztec Codexes to make themselves out to be the true rulers. Sad but conquests usually come accompany stuff like book burning
>>
>>4790805
This is all true.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.