[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1716759536757951.jpg (43 KB, 649x631)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Have you ever been afraid of doing this to your animal companions?
>>
>>4823627
yes
>>
>>4823627
all the time
>>
>>4823627
Is this even possible
>>
>>4823627
meows are only a vocalization to get human attention. cats don't communicate with other cats using meows
>>
>>4823627
When you meow back at your cat, you're saying, "no, YOU pay attention to ME!"
All cats are narcissists so they don't like that
>>
>>4823627
If my dog whines/groans at me, I usually make a similar noise back, this is usually met with confusion.
So I guess I already do it.
>>
>>4823627
my cat legit says my name
>>
>>4826296
Is your name "meow"?
>>
>>4826530
How did you know
>>
>>4826535
very rare vocalization for them
>>
>>4823627
>This is our word, you can't say our word, meow!
>>
>>4826296
My friend's cat when we were in school SAID "meow" rather than actually meowing. The first time I heard the fucking thing, I thought it was his sister meowing at the cat but now. It was the cat itself. It said "meow" like a little girl saying the word "meow."
Very funny to me.
>>
>>4829902
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83m261lAlrs
>>
File: egyptian_cats.jpg (123 KB, 645x645)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Cats were once worshipped as Gods. Cats never forgot this.
We can see Cats. A nonexistent zombie on a stick... not so much.
>>
>>4823931
wrong, watch the gopro video made with Chinese street cats. They sit around and sometimes meow at each other.
>>
Why the hell should you be afraid of that?
>>
>>4826296
mine could say hewwo :3
and then I'd say hello back
>>
>>4830277
>Cats were once worshipped as Gods. Cats never forgot this.
Maybe you should research the history of how egyptians worshiped "cats as gods" (bastet as a god represented by a cat)

They actually ran history's first kitten and puppy mills to provide bastet and anubis cults with a steady stream of sacrifices. Animals bred solely for sacrifice, by the hundreds. Egyptians killed hundreds of thousands of kittens and puppies. The egyptians did not worship these animals like you do. They considered them property of an associated god. Mortals weren't to kill them willy nilly, but the priesthood was free to torture and murder them to stock the afterlife with animals.

maybe you got cats mixed up with how mesopotamians treated dogs and how indians treat cows, as incarnations of, rather than property of, divinity.
>>
I swear I’ve seen this same back and forth of egyptians and cats play out at least 20 times
>>
>>4831036
it probably has

i learned the facts from another anon who had links and everything. cats are gods-tards are just repeating a common reddit/facebook meme doe.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.