[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: huskbuck.jpg (251 KB, 700x499)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
/dog/ clothing, for work and play:
https://www.alpineoutfitters.net/
https://www.mtnridge.com/DOG-APPAREL_c_34.html
These harnesses are crash tested, but are too restrictive for exercise:
https://www.centerforpetsafety.org/test-results/harnesses/cps-approved-harnesses/
https://sleepypod.com/car-harnesses

/dog/ approved training:
https://www.youtube.com/@TrainingPositive
https://www.youtube.com/@kikopup
https://www.youtube.com/c/SimpawticoDogTraining
https://www.youtube.com/c/SusanGarrett
/dog/ disapproved training (AVOID!): zak george, joel beckman

Don't hurt your dog, retard:
https://noelhoffmann.com/blog/the-case-against-using-aversive-training-methods/
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1558787817300357
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7743949/
A Punished Dog Is an Aggressive Dog - Stanley Coren PhD., DSc, FRSC, Psychology Today August 6, 2015
Stanley Coren PhD., DSc, FRSC, Effectiveness of Rewards and Punishments in Dog Training

/dog/ breath freshening:
https://www.google.com/search?q=enzymatic+toothpaste+for+dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G9IBQRsiW0

Get the facts about the raw feeding myth:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC339295/
https://www.theveterinarynurse.com/content/clinical/educating-clients-about-raw-diets-and-the-associated-parasitic-risks/
https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/animal-health-literacy/get-facts-raw-pet-food-diets-can-be-dangerous-you-and-your-pet
Quality dog food reviews here: https://files.catbox.moe/4qbv21.zip

Last thread >>4823119
>>
...You wanna take another swing at this, pal?
>>
File: catalog-works.png (167 KB, 836x489)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>4826347
>
>>
Good enough.

Any ideas on how I can train my dog to flip the light switch?
>>
>>4826350
Just spit balling but if you have one of those easy to press big flat slight switches I guess you could spread a bit of peanut butter on it.
>>
>>4826350
Replace it with a button, and then teach it like a combination of "place" and "paw"
>>
>>4826351
>training your dog to lick electronics
no dont
>>
>>4826345

I don’t understand this response. Is this a specific type of training or are you saying not to train a dog just bc it’s a family dog?
>>
>>4826362
>not to train a dog
saar, there are trainers in the OP saar, do the needful and train the doge
>>
>>4826363

Yes I did the bite training and the puppy started herding but it also seemed to correlate to the pup being much more confident and comfortable in the house.

I want to know if anyone has ever seen this and if it’s just the puppy being more comfortable to play.
>>
>>4826350
First train it to paw target stick
Use target stick to have it paw light switch and give it a specific word command to paw the light switch.

You may be able to mark when the lights go on or off instead of just pawing the switch. Idk if dog would be to connect the two.
>>
>>4826360
This
>>
>>4826360
>>4826397
Well yeah but also you just shouldn't teach your dog to use your lightswitch unless you're willing to live with the fact that when they want a treat they're going to start flicking the light on and off on you
>>
>>4826366
Nice
>>
File: image.axd.jpg (505 KB, 1400x1322)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/TG2cccFJ4Qo?si=T5EyJPE6QmhQb8Qu
>>
>>4826427
Dogs have autism? News to me…
>>
>>4826345
You forgot the edition
>>
Share the smartest thing your dog has done.
>>
>>4826427
He's just like me...
>>
Is it possible to make a dog more comfortable with fireworks?
>>
>>4826675
I’d say it depends on the dog. Its a generally unpleasant experience. From a distance its just noise. Were you looking to set off fireworks next to your dog or just kinda cope with them going off in the background in your neighborhood?
>>
>>4826675
Crate them someowhere quiet, you can even sound proof a closet and shut all the windows and stuff around it so that it isn't as loud for them.
>>
>>4826675
Not really. It’s very loud for them.
>>
File: 1700600557002547.png (434 KB, 429x413)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
Another day of looking at rescue dogs
>>
>>4826751
… is that actually a pit/lab?
>>
>>4826773
It's a Kelpie/shar pei
she's cute
>>
>>4826714
Coping. They get spooked on walks and it's impossible to get then to go anywhere after that
>>
>>4826784
Start conditioning fireworks to mean that food is on its way using cheese or peanut butter in a safe environment. After a few days, open your windows to let more sound in, then graduate to your balcony/porch. Always let your dog retreat if needed and don't force it.
>>
It's incredibly depressing to see breeds become fads and fill out shelters.
Staffies used to be a huge one and now it's kelpies, at least there are no niggers here so there's not going to be a huge wave of poorly trained rotties and cane corsos.
>>
>>4826915
no pits?
>>
>>4826996
They're banned luckily for them
>>
File: 1694963851711199.jpg (1.7 MB, 4032x3024)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
Been staying up till 7am every night to watch the Euros with friends but this little fella isn't capable of being as nocturnal as me so I get to see him in sleepy mode more often
Just glad I have someone to look after him in the mornings while I sleep till the mid afternoon
>>
>>4826915
My american proto-gf comes from a family of rottie and cane corso owners
She's been bitten in the face by a rottie and another was put down for savaging her brother when he was a kid
One of the rotties owned by their friend spent its life tied to a pole in the front garden of a suburban new york shithole and getting pelted with rocks by kids and was just a total bite threat forever apparently
Pretty fucked knowing how many 'outdoor dog' owners there are near me even if it's not as bad as America
>>
>>4827041
An unfortunate reality is that the breeds who need the most training often attract the sorts of people least capable of providing it.
I found my current dog at a garage sale tied to a tree with a leash with kids throwing sticks at him. I've had him for 14 years and he's been nothing but incredibly sweet. Could never teach him to play fetch though because of it.
>>
File: 2024-06-22 12.56.08-1.jpg (3.2 MB, 5712x4284)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
After a long search... I bought a dog lads, met it this weekend but going to pick it up next weekend to allow me some time to prepare. He's a one year old miniature poodle. He doesn't seem to be super chewy in the few hours I spent with him, but, how nuts should I go trying to hide cables and stuff with a one year old dog? I imagine they vary but any thoughts? I'm talking like network cables behind my desk, some stereo equipment. It's not a total mess of wires but there are for sure wires around the house.

I'm also bringing chemicals up high and checking my backyards fenceposts - anything else I should be thinking about to prepare?
>>
>>4827053
i have literally never heard of a one year old dog chewing cables

if he does just tell him not to
>>
>>4827061
thanks. I'm probably overthinking this but it's my first dog. i'm excited, nervous, anxious.
>>
>>4827053
Okay buy why a miniature poodle?
>>
>>4827053
Congrats! It's going to be a wonderful addition to your life! I hope you make many blog posts about them. :D
>>
>>4827071
I wanted a small dog so I could take him to work with me easily, so I looked at a bunch of smaller breeds and decided on miniature poodle. The reason is their friendliness, activeness, coat (hair), and intelligence.

>>4827072
thank you! I'm excited. I'll for sure be asking lots of questions and will give an update!
>>
>>4827040
>staying up till 7am every night to watch the Euros
Unfortunate
>>
The Giants are gay btw
>>
>>4826345

My dog was the biggest in the liter but is submissive. Has anyone seen that before? I found it strange and was just wondering why that might have occurred.
>>
>>4827041
I'm willing to bet shelters, pounds, and rescues are nowhere near as bad in Europe. We have a serious spic and nigger dog owner problem here in the US
>>
>>4827234
Are you forgetting a critical statistic about white male dog owners…need I remind you?
>>
Everybody has already seen it debunked retard. Go make another shitty bait thread if you’re so confident
>>
Puppy took a turn and it's not looking good fellas, he was a bit off and threw up and not even an hour later he was shaking bad and drooling a lot. He's at the vet now and they're running some tests.
>>
>>4827234
In Australia at least shelters are chock full of dogs, staffies especially, with absolutely no actual problems purely because of halfwitted mongoloids. Every country has its own variety of problems because human beings will always fail dogs.
>>
My dog has been degrading heavily over the past 2 days. I believe it's worms, but I never knew they could act so fast. Yesterday he had trouble walking and could no longer jump on things, we went to the weekend vet and he recovered before we could see a vet (people kept coming in and they were triaged ahead of us).
This morning he was dripping blood after he pooped, so I took him back to the vet and they prescribed 2.5mg Drontal Plus (for tomorrow), Metronidazole twice a day and some flora packets.
Flash forward to tonight, he started losing the ability to walk and by midnight he is now paralyzed completely. He hasn't pooped or peed since his walk in the morning and I keep taking him outside and lifting up his back legs but he won't go.

Is he fucked? If it is parasites will he get the function back in his legs after they are expelled? It all happened so God damn fast and on the fucking weekend when everything is closed. I hate the veterinary system and needing a prescription to buy any medication.
>>
File: file.png (3.87 MB, 1890x1401)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB PNG
>>4827451
Every so often I browse the local RSPCA listings thinking of getting another dog. So many staffies
>>
>>4827470
I can't even have a dog right now but I like looking at rescues. Lots of kelpie's right now as well, the worst thing that can happen to a breed of dog is it getting popular.
The worst part is staffies are fantastic dogs, they're low maintanence, basically bullet proof and very affectionate. I can guarantee every single dog on that list has poorly managed energy and not a single other issue.
>>
File: IMG_3618.jpg (369 KB, 2261x1284)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>4827141
Worth it
>>
>>4827470
cause shitbull terriers are broken breeds with unhinged personalities that nobody wants
>>
>>4827475
Agreed.

>>4827472
They're fine if you never plan to have any small or weak animals or people over
>>
File: 1704545286146946.webm (1.13 MB, 1024x1024)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB WEBM
>>4827451
>with absolutely no actual problems
Are you the deranged shitbull owner who cimped out because his 14 year old good boy dindu nuffin from a couple threads ago?
only someone that willfully deluded and biased could genuinely say Australia's pound staffies have no problems lmao
>>
>>4827476
It's literally all just energy management dude, the same thing can be said for huskies and a million other breeds. If you train a dog correctly, socialize it and give it the right amount of exercise and play it's not going to give you problems in 99% of cases.
>>4827479
I don't own a pitbull.
Pound staffies with legitimate problems are euthanized immediately because they're overcrowded and they don't stand a chance of adoption anyway. The rest are there because they bark, they get out of the yard or they chew furniture. It's all just the behaviour you get from people who put zero into their dogs and are surprised when they get nothing back.
>>
>>4827487
>I don't own a pitbull.
So you are the guy who chimped out because someone posted a shitbull attack story and you called him 'reddit' for making it up because there's absolutely no way a shitbull would attack anyone else's dog lmao
You're like one of those deranged nigger defenders, you could be bitten to death by a shitbull and you'd die whispering he dindu nuffin it's just the owner
>>
>>4827492
No I didn't do that.
I believe that niggers are at the root of why pitbulls are maligned so.
You're doing a lot of projecting which is weird tranny behaviour to be honest.
>>
>>4827493
Shut up already you no dog fuck. GTFOH.
>>
>>4827498
I have a dog.
>>
>>4827487
>must be only dog
>no children under 12
>experienced owner
Yeah, I'm sure they're great.
>>
>>4827501
Yeah that's what happens when you don't train your dog and never walk it.
>>
>>4826345

My dog is scared of walks. WTF am I supposed to do with this thing? I have never seen this before.
>>
>>4827554
Double it and give it to the next person.
>>
>>4827554
>ask a question
>provide zero context
>>
>>4827554
Maybe it is afraid of the road, or vehicles?
>>
>>4827487
Huskies don't have prey drive for large dogs and humans unless you bought from a proper mushing kennel and accidentally a wolf mix (sadly for 12 people in the past two decades, this happens, but if its a consolation, ask another 300 dead people if they'd rather they were around huskies than "staffies")
>>
>>4827554
Was probably an indoor dog its whole life, does it bark at things outside?
>>
>>4827464
Do you live somewhere that hosts the dog paralysis tick
>>
>>4827588
I think you'll find people who obsess about pit bulls are low-information thinkers who probably think huskies are wolfs and should be treated as such.
>>
>>4827592
To add, some time ago a video of a husky dog killing another dog in a daycare went viral and was spread around “r/banpitbulls”
>>
>>4827588
Nor do staffies. This nonesense anti-reality talk that pitbulls or bully adjacent dogs are some kind of special magical breed that can't be fixed is as retarded as the people who act like pitbulls are angels, and it is just as dangerous as it removes responsibility form where it lies which is with the owners.
>>4827592
>people who obsess over pit bulls are low-information thinkers
>also here's how much I obsess over pit bulls
>>
>>4827595
>Its the owners
In other news, english shepherds are not border collies, so they do not instinctively herd, don't border my breed bigot
>>
>>4827595
>>4827596
Rare chud to chud convo.
>>
>>4827596
Not what I said. Very embarassing how you and the other pitbull obsessed deranged trannies in this general always try to put words into other's mouths.
>>
>>4827596
Animal behavior isn't as black and white as you think…
>>
>>4827604
<%6% of dogs, >60% of bites and fatal maulings is not "owners" or else labs and GSDs would be the top two deadliest breeds on earth
>>
>/pol/tards
>>
>>4827604
He's a genuine fucking monoloid there is no point, as with all Reddit hiveminds he spends his time acting in exactly the way he criticizes his imaginary enemies for acting.
His argument falls apart under even the slightest bit of scrutiny, pit bulls weren't even bred for attacking humans whereas there's a whole bunch of protection dogs that were who unsurprisingly don't automatically just kill people.
>>
>>4827609
>dude it can't be owners because of reason that makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>4827612
>bla bla bla pitbulls werent bred to attack people
They have prey drive strong enough to apply to an adult, same size dog, and a dog does not have a magic dog-person switch in its brain as far as evaluating threat level goes.
>oh, that's a person, not a dog. i was only bred to attack dogs, keep walking twolegs!
A dog that has attacked another dog will attack a person in the future. A dog that is prone to attacking dogs is also prone to attacking people.

>>4827615
Because other breeds that are more numerous and just as abused and untrained if not more are NOT doing the same thing.
>>
>>4827618
Okay so all protection dogs are broken and should be destroyed by your reckoning, you're a fucking moron. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, you're just taking a hardline stance because you have reddit brain.
>Because other breeds that are more numerous and just as abused and untrained if not more are NOT doing the same thing.
Uh huh, let's see the proof that those dogs are more untrained and that that isn't just something your schizo brain cooked up.
>>
>>4827621
>Okay so all protection dogs are broken and should be destroyed by your reckoning
Strawman. I never said that. Protection dogs have a different, more controllable form of drive than a pit fighting or boar hunting dog. Same reason collies don't kill people despite having strong instincts related to hunting. They do however kill sheep sometimes.

>Uh huh, let's see the proof that those dogs are more untrained and that that isn't just something your schizo brain cooked up.
Let's see proof pitbulls are. You don't have any. Why would a pitbull owner be magically worse than the more numerous lab owners? Explain without falling back on your imaginary "pibbles r fer the negroes" fantasy because the majority of shitbull owners I see are the same poor white people than buy labs.
>>
>>4827625
Proof is the pudding little bro, you just admitted that pibull owners are shitty. Labs don't need the same leveling of conditioning pibulls or staffies do.
>>
File: 1701869054107295.jpg (411 KB, 1080x1556)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>proof is in the pudding
>we'll do this all day
>you're not allowed to walk faster than daddy
>pop that leash
>>
>>4827628
>complain about strawmen
>can't help but create imaginary arguments so you can feel like you won
Very pathetic.
>>
>>4827629
>taking the shitpost seriously
ngmi also you lost 20 years ago and that's not me you're arguing with
>>
>>4827627
>Labs don't need the same level of training bro!
So you're admitting pitbulls are inherent more dangerous than labs.

Huskies are roughly as common as pitbulls, undoubtedly more energetic and stubborn, and still, significantly safer. Are husky owners just ubermensch chads?
>>
>>4827631
There are a lot of breeds that are inherently more dangerous than labs. At no point did I argue any differently. In fact my entire argument has been based around the idea that if people didn't treat bullies like they were labs then there wouldn't be this issue in the first place.
>>
>>4827633
>if people didn't treat bullies like they were labs then there wouldn't be this issue in the first place.
How do you propose that?
>>
>>4827633
why do you type like an injun?
AHOOOOYYYYYAAA HEYAAAAA OHOYYAYAYA HEYAAA
>>
>>4827634
Socialize your dog properly, make sure it doesn't have any food/toy aggression, exercise your dog actively, build a raport with your dog, don't let your dog build bad habits. Don't tease your dog and then post videos of it on youtube like "haha he mad!".
It should be the case with all dogs, the difference is if you don't do this with your labradoodle it's not going to do a whole lot of damage.
>>
>>4827631
>Are husky owners just ubermensch chads?
caesar milan sure thinks so
>this is a woolf
>white wooolf
>very hard to own
but they're not actually special

sure, huskies are smarter than shitbulls and even more energetic
but border collies are smarter than shitbulls, more energetic, and higher drive
and german shepherds outdo pitbulls in the same ways

are their owners just magically better, or are pitbulls just inherently dangerous from being bred to attack large animals? you can figure this out by adopting an aggressive dog from an unrelated lineage: a karelian bear dog. it's the single most aggressive spitz due to being bred to hunt bear.

if KBDs were as popular as pitbulls, they would top the fatality lists because they are mean as fuck and will gladly go for the throat if a smaller woman triggers their ridiculously strong instincts. they're just a naturally aggressive breed. even if you train them thoroughly, you can never trust them off leash or around women, children, or other animals. KBD owners, unlike pitbull owners, know this. THATS what's different about pitbull owners.

out of all the people on earth who keep highly aggressive dogs, pitbull owners are the only ones that think they can love and train the nature out of the beast.
>>
>>4827639
>if you don't do this with your labradoodle it's not going to do a whole lot of damage.
Where is the scientific process on this? Name 1 study.
>>
I'm coming out as gay.
>>
>>4827639
You need to have total control over a pitbull at all times. They can never be off leash. They can not be loose in the house if you have guests, or your own children. It doesn't matter how well you trained them. You MUST exert total control over the dog at all times.

People with other inherently dangerous dogs like kangals typically know this
Absolutely every pitbull owner refuses to acknowledge that their breed is so aggressive it can't be trained out

It's the owner AND the breed, specifically, you are a german shepherd type owner (just train your dog lol!) with something in the class of wolfdogs, working line akitas, karelian bear dogs, and kangals.

>>4827641
>if a university hasn't spent $15,000 on it, we can't apply common sense and experience
Cancer of the modern era

Especially when the university does it wrong like when they test canine intelligence with beagles that were raised in racks of cages
>durrr why would an animal need life experience to develop its intellect -descartes
>>
>>4827639
I think a better example would be a small dog, labrashits are pretty neurotic IRL.
>>
File: OIP.jpg (39 KB, 474x355)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>4827642
>>4827642
Pitxisters want you to know that you are SEEN and VISIBLE!
>>
>>4827640
This is correct and I am glad somebody gets that you don't have to be a horseshoe nigger about every topic.
>>4827644
However where I disagree is the idea that dogs in a breed, and especially one as wide as pitbulls (which are in reality several different breeds) it really just comes down to the dog. Some pitbulls are straight up lazy, a lot of staffies have zero aggression whatsoever. That's probably just natural selection, plaicd staffies passing on their genes more likely than problem ones.
I don't even like pitbulls, I don't even really like staffies even though I think they're good dogs it just really irks me that there's countless numbers of dogs suffering because of shitty owners and mongoloids like the other cunt you're replying to just make excuses for them.
>>
>>4827651
>it comes down to the dog
ALL litters have outliers, there's always going to be some portion of say, kangals and wolfdogs, that are exceedingly lazy and friendly.

But that doesn't mean the average for the entire breed group of primitive LGDs isn't strong aggression or the average for the entire breed group of "wolfdogs" isn't strong aggression, fear, and predatory instincts (but its actually 30 different breeds, wolf/husky mixes arent like wolf/gsd mixes bro!)
>>
>>4827653
>be harvey and kane
>kane is friendlier than the husky
>the husky swallowed 3 rabbits whole
>the wolfdog just pawed at one
https://www.youtube.com/@Harv-Kane
But wolfdogs are still extremely dangerous and you don't "just train your dog bro"

Your entire life needs to change to give you total control
>>
>husky: post holocausting bunnies
>>
>>4827653
Yeah but my point is that if you train your dog and practice common sense then there's no reason your pitbull can't be around your family. Though that isn't true for every pitbull.
>>
>>4827660
>breed average is killing kids
>only way to truly know if they will is after they've done it, it's a naturally dishonestly signaling breed that doesn't even give the hard eye or stalk before biting
>just train your dog bro
Keep that bitch on an ecollar even indoors.
>>
File: 1689651331161602.jpg (48 KB, 640x480)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>4827662
>>
>>4827662
You can tell if your dog is going to be a problem with kids. Training out food aggression/toy possessiveness that sort of thing reduces the likelihood of incidents.
I reject the idea that "we had no idea this would happen", dogs are incredibly obvious with their triggers. People just don't vet their dogs properly, it really is as simple as that.
I've had a staffy mix for over a decade, never let him around kids when he I first got him because his previous owners let their kids throw torment him. Once I knew he wasn't dangerous and what is temperament was like I let kids around him and it has never been even close to a problem.
I will say though people just shouldn't adopt pitbulls full stop.
>>
>>4827662
>>breed average is killing kids
But enough about German Shepherds
>>
What's your thoughts on IGP/Shutzhund and protection trained dogs? Like Shield K9, Ivan Balabanov's Premier Protection Dogs, etc.
In the working dog community there seems to be a push from the positive only dog trainers to stop people using prong collars and E-collars to train dogs. It's like they want to get rid of IGP.
>>
>>4827669
People have no brains and can't handle nuance. You can use things like prongs and e-collars non-abusively with a dog. They in fact only really work if you use them non-abusively. The sentiment always seems to be either dogs can't handle a little discomfort or because some people will abuse their dogs nobody should be allowed to use them. Cue a faggot replying to this post with hyperbole to prove me right.
>>
>>4827669
>>4827628
>>
>>4827589

It needs a lot of encouragement to get off the steps then Runs back to the house right away whether there is a stimulus or not.

I can trick it to chase me into the grass since it knows come but will quickly pee and run back to the house.
>>
>>4827675
>whether there is a stimulus or not
Well, stimulus is any energy that elicits a sensory or behavioral response. Stepping outside, smelling the outside world could be stimuli. Work with cracking the windows and letting in that outside world smell come in. Do you have a fenced yard?
>>
>>4827669
>training a dog to be aggressive involves aversives
Proving positive onlyGODS right.

>>4827671
The science is settled. It’s not “a little discomfort”, and it makes them aggressive. Hence why when people want aggressive dogs…
>>
File: 1711215622852314.jpg (274 KB, 1024x1024)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>4827671
YTA, the average dog person uses no nuance.

PPD are useless and obsolete, their trainers should not have wide audiences, only military personnel should have access to PPD training videos in an archive.
>>
>>4827658
>>4827655
Love harvey and kane.
>>
>>4827677
I've worn an e-collar so I know you're wrong.
>>4827679
Reddit
>>
>>4827671
>its not abusive. it only bruises them a little
not how animals work orca manlet

and notice only some already aggressive and hard headed yet owner submissive (“loyal”) breeds are suitable for it. if you tried that shit on a family aussie they’d lose all semblance of personality or turn into a bite risk.
>>
>>4827682
You’re a human with a much deeper understanding than a dog. An ecollar is a terrifying sensation for them and it raises their stress levels considerably.
>>
>>4827677
>positive onlyGODS
>>4827679
>PPD are useless and obsolete
I see what this board is now. Just a bunch of fags repeating positive only propaganda and advocating for shitbulls. I should have known what I was getting myself into when I seen "don't feed your dog raw food" in the op.
Imagine not wanting to have a loving, loyal, and stable dog that is trained to protect you if a nigger breaks into your house. Pic related
>>
>>4827687
Deshawn will just shoot your dog or the county cops will make you put it down for attacking a random contractor/delivery guy. Attack dogs made more sense when you were extremely lucky and most likely rich to have a functioning pistol that held more than one shot. Now we all have 10mm autos that hold 14 round detachable magazines. We do right? You’re not a 9mmanlet or a felon?
>>
>>4827684
I don't think you should use a prong on any old dog for any old reason. The best dog trainer I know personally is retired and adopts showline German Shepherds that are wonky, he does prong training and once they're done they live off leash forever. Those dogs have no problems because they're handled correctly.
I know most of the people here are autistic but they have to at some get that when people talk about things they're not always talking about your quirky Australian shepherd.
>>4827686
E-collars on lower settings barely register to the dog's senses.
>>4827687
Actually the people who are anti-PPD are the same people shilling the "shitbulls are broken" line. I'm pro-PPD and also the person defending shitbulls.
The problem is there are 2 or 3 posters that are incredibly fucking reddit who live here.
>>
File: 1697859538329434.jpg (77 KB, 1024x1024)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>4827682
>I've worn an e-collar so I know you're wrong.
You've SHOCKED yourself at aversion levels or ((("""conditioning levels""")))?

Also asshole, giving yourself a minor pop on a prong isn't the same as fully bodied 250 lb man correcting some 40 lb dog because muh MWD dong

>>4827687
>MWD larp
Cold shrimp noodle detected, also dogs will protect you naturally if they love you.

But enough larping, post dog? Let's see your Iraqi war veteran dog that totally needs a prong + e-collar (I wonder if the electrical current running through the steel e-collar gives your dog super strength).
>InB4 purse dog or labrador
>>
>>4827676

Yes yard is fenced and I have a route I try walking it through but it a chore as it wants to get back in the house.

I walk a part of it, puppy pulls, I make like a tree till it gives up and sits, call it to me, repeat. Been 2 weeks and it still hasn’t walked the route gingerly without encouragement.

He’s very submissive to me, but has excellent body language in the house. Vacuum and kids don’t phase it. It’s just outside. I live in a very hot climate, so maybe that’s part of it, but it definitely seems fearful outside.

A neighbor turned on an air compressor this morning and it bolted back inside. Air compressor is quieter than my vacuum and was a few houses away.
>>
>>4827691
PPDs are a liability that people keep for show. Any criminal with an IQ above 85 is going to brain the dog with something in the "pipe" class of weapons, with or without explosives and they are ridiculously likely to turn on their owners when overstimulated or experience an inevitable lapse in their 24/7 training. They're more functional in brazil than in the first world, but here criminals are either smarter or armed.

Pitbulls are a high risk breed similar to a kangal that can NEVER be trusted to be "trained right"

>The best dog trainer I know personally is retired and adopts showline German Shepherds that are wonky, he does prong training and once they're done they live off leash forever
German shepherds have been bred for almost a century to just submit to pain and obey instead of experiencing more dramatic fallout
>>
>>4827691
I'm pro-ppd too but don't like shitbulls. I have seen too many videos of them attacking kids and other peoples dogs. Plus they're 67% of all dog bites or whatever the number is.
Nobody in this thread knows what I'm talking about when I say "protection dog". No I'm not talking about some nigger who made a dog aggressive by abusing it and sold it to you. I'm talking about top tier, top genetics protection dogs from working line breeds who were bred specifically for that purpose and to be safe with your family. Video related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z4l3Rvnf2o
>>
>>4827693
It's not a shock, it feels like one of those muscle tightening machines and is a bit tingly. I've used it all the way to max settings.
>>4827695
>Pitbulls are a high risk breed similar to a kangal that can NEVER be trusted to be "trained right"
Categorically wrong
>>4827696
Shitbulls get a bad rep because they're not trained right or treated how they should be. I don't blame people for not liking them, nor would I advocate for trusting them. The issue is that people take something common sense like "that pitbull is probably dangerous" and expand that to be "pitbulls are a broken breed" because people are retarded and incapable of nuanced thought.
I personally really like Dobermans, of all the protection dogs they seem to get the most enoyment out of it and also are the most keyed in in my opinion.
>>
>>4827696
Police K9s turn on their handlers and bite the wrong person almost daily
And their function is questionable. It’s just loophole police brutality that doesnt jive with “innocent until proven guilty” (or “when tyranny becomes law, resistance becomes duty”, see: war on drugs bs)
Decent in war, but the dogs are throwaways like a living flashbang

PPDs are a status symbol. Not a functional weapon in a society that’s fully post industrial. They’re closer to a sacrificial distraction because of how well armed and LARGE the average person is. You can buy a decent carbon steel sidesword for $250 that would be a more functional defensive and offensive weapon than a dog. A 4” folding pocketknife could do better.

Speaking of, 3 large dogs including a pit and a mastiff attacked a 70 year old seattle man. He fought them off with a pocketknife and received only minor injuries. Dogs are quite weak.
>>
File: 1716480694108241.jpg (101 KB, 851x515)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>4827696
>I'm talking about top tier, top genetics protection dogs from working line breeds
>>
>>4827695
>PPDs are a liability
Of course.
>Any criminal with an IQ above 85 is going to brain the dog
It can happen. But the time they're taking by shooting or fighting your dog you have more time to pull out your gun or whatever and shoot the nigger that broke into your house.
>they are ridiculously likely to turn on their owners
Not a trained ppd dog that cost $40k.
>>
File: 1711884283749258.jpg (16 KB, 474x269)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>buying a 100k """ppd""" that bites its family more than intruders over buying a skinwalkermaxxedTM pitbull that wards off 9/10 niggers because "oh lawd he scary"
>>
>>4827698
>Categorically wrong
No, retard. People who really, truly know what these dogs are keep them in chain spots if there is a slight chance of them interacting with an animal, woman, or child, or at least keep a break stick handy or never take off the prong (WITH grab handle). They are bred to attack without warning and with the single minded goal of going until they're pulled off or the target is dead. Dog or boar or bear, it's the entire purpose of the breed.

It's a hardcore dog, that's the reason behind its popularity is that its a hardcore dog. They're basically interchangeable with other high risk breeds like KBDs and the same idiot owners who think they're boss trainers who can override fundamental instincts would cause just as many deaths with any other high risk breed.

Pitbulls have a very specific purpose, and that purpose is not being your housepet and strolling around begging for snacks. Their inbuilt purpose actively conflicts with that purpose. 99% of other working dogs are significantly better pets.

>>4827702
>It can happen
It will most likely happen just as you are waking up, which gives you the disadvantage of running into someone who is already pumped with guns drawn. Ideally you want to catch an intruder when they are sneaking around, scared, and still have the clock resting on their cock. Alarm systems >>>>>> dogs.
>>
>>4827701
Damn new /toadline/ just dropped fellas
As a side note I know a fella who had his pitty shot by police because someone broke into his house, walked into Mr. Pibbles nursery and ended up halfway down the street with it still attached to him.
>>
>>4827705
They're evolving to have elbows now
>>
>>4827705
>>4827701
What advantage do these legs give ppd dogs that puts them in the elite class?
>>
>>4827706
A lot of pitbulls are lazy, dumb and chill. The same breeding that makes a breed into monstrous wolf killers also can breed a pit fighter into a lazy piece of shit.
There are some pitbull lines that simply do not resemble others.
>>
>>4827710
Show me another dog that can put you in a rear naked choke
>>
>>4827713
a lot of wolfdogs are lazy and chill but its obvious that you dont just train them and dump them at the dog park and hope for the best because you’re the best trainer ever (only an idiot would)

but wolfdogs dont have a literal fucking propaganda lobby behind popularizing them complete with discovery channel series glorifying wolfdog ownership and politicians banning wolf specific legislation and comparing it to jim crow and hitler now do they
>>
>>4827719
Nor do they have retards who want to meme them into being a symbol of muh dixie (the 3rd world of the us)
>>
>>4827719
But that literally just goes back to what I'm saying about horsehoe niggers not being able to have nuanced thoughts.
Some people can't accept that most pitbulls are completely problem free and that there is nothing wrong with the breed and that the fault lies with the owners.
Equally some people can't accept that pitbulls are a powerful breed that poses a risk when not handled correctly and that some lines specifically carry very problematic behaviours that if not respected will get someone killed.
I don't even like pitbulls, I wouldn't defend them at all if there wasn't this cringe reddit circle jerk around hating them.
>>
My dog jumps on strangers after they pet her too much. Thoughts?
>>
>>4827640
my friend has three huskies. when they were puppies they were so cute, and now they are very pretty dogs. my problem with them is they aren't really that eager to please, so it just makes them a little difficult to deal with in urban areas where they need to be doing the human thing, for lack of a better word. i think i'd like them more if I lived in the middle of nowhere. someone told me they are kinda cat-like, and I'd agree with that.

i don't see the appeal of having a highly aggressive dog like a pitbull, but i understand some people rescue them and it is what it is. i think you have a good take about the most important thing is that the owner knows what the animal is and adjusts for that, a lot of pitbull owners think they might as well be golden retrievers and that's just not true. i also think it's a bit of a "big truck small dick" thing (for both men and women). a lot of people I know that have pitbulls have some sort of compensation complex going, especially the women even.
>>
>>4827724
If you want her to stop it you can simply leash her and stand on the leash so that she has just enough room to jump slightly so that when she does it she corrects herself.
>>
>>4827727
>correcting overstimulated behavior
Ew no
>>
>>4827724
>>4827727
also train her to sit to get praise. don't pet her unless she sits.
>>
>>4827728
That's literally no different than stopping when your dog pulls on the leash lol
>>
>>4827723
You cant tell if a pitbull is problem free until they attack. How hard is it to keep a leash on your mutt?
>muh muh reddit
Oh shut up incel. Reddit would back you up more than anything.
>dis is racist dogwhistle -reddit
>>
>>4827730
Its like stopping when your dog is lunging

It just makes them frustrated and if they get hurt a little it can build into aggression
>>
>>4827731
You can if you're not retarded, unless you but it when people say "b-but he was a good boy who never showed any signs of duin nuffin"
Reddit is clique virtue signalling for updoots which is exactly why the other half of reddit wouldn't back me up.
>>
>>4827735
>unless you but it when people
Indianbros…
>>
>>4827732
BUT he NEEDS to punish the dog to validate his sense of importance and stay consistent with how he views dogs (as mindless dominance based machines)

Sure people with brains know that dogs learn what not to do by being consiste tly taught what to do instead
But that lacks the immediacy, satisfaction, and sense of power that comes with a physical “correction” (called so because it makes the punisher feel like a force of justice)
>>
>>4827735
Pajeet confirmed

Pitbulls are inherently dangerous and were bred specifically not to give warning signs. Keep your aggressive little shit leashed.
>pitbull owner when their dogs attack: YOUR dog was being too dominant
>every other dog they interacted with: did not attack
>>
>>4827725
Honestly the biggest problem with dogs is that people don't really think about the breeds they buy. They just think that they look cool or whatever and get them. They don't think about lifestyle and energy levels and then they end up with problems.
My sister has a maremma that doesn't get enough exercise and when it was a puppy she treated like her child so now that it is grown up it has complete control over the household and has anxiety issues.
>>
>>4827739
I could fix this dog with 1 month, and a kong full of peanut butter.
>>
>>4827736
>>4827738
>redditbros is that LE TYPO!
buy*
I don't own a pitbull but nice projection
>>
>>4827725
Whats wrong with not doing the “make your owner look like a beastmaster meme” thing?
>ohhhh nooooo the doggy stopped and sniffed and pulled a little and went awoooo at someone nooooo
>>
>>4827741
Whats hard to understand

Pitbulls are inherently dangerous. They need total control and supervision. That’s your “its the owner”. Owner failed to keep their mutt leashed.
>>
>>4827741
Aussies can get pretty agro when you treat them like shit but otherwise

>projection
no
>>
>>4827742
The ideal is to teach your dog to heel until you free it so you can walk nicely when you need to and let it have a field day when the time is right.
>>4827743
You're wrong it's that simple. Some pitbulls need total control and supervision and some do not.
>>4827744
What the fucks a pissed off aussie going to do? Wiggle aggressively at you?
>>
>>4827746
>Let a pitbull have a field day
And that's where you get
>He's never done this before
>He was really well trained
>I even used a prong collar
>Actually it was your dogs fault
>Actually you dont know how to treat dogs
Yet the pitbull is always the first dog to attack its victim. Guess they weren't too dominant and did know how to treat dogs. Because most dogs aren't ticking time bombs lmao!
>>
>>4827746
I'm the op of this comment and I just want everyone to know that I'm gay. That is all.
>>
File: HUSKSOI.jpg (817 KB, 1400x1400)
817 KB
817 KB JPG
>IS THAT A HECKIN BABY RABBIT
>>
>>4827748
>>Let a pitbull have a field day
Who are you quoting?
And yeah I've already covered that pitbull owners are shitty what's your point?
>>
File: 1712116009456963.jpg (108 KB, 610x458)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>4827751
>black hoodie
>>
File: Z72_4377.jpg (767 KB, 1500x1000)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>4827746
Letting a husky have a field day is possible

You'll just have to accept they'll only reliably come back when they have humped every dog and killed every rabbit, squirrel, vole and quail in the area and possibly ran out to sniff out a family barbecue
Or you can just go to a fenced park that has something to do besides play fetch (which huskies don't even enjoy that much)

You let your dog off leash for them to do something they enjoy. If there's nothing they enjoy around, they'll go find it, or there's no point. Also, the thing about huskies is: they enjoy pulling on a leash. a lot.

>>4827754
It's not a hoodie. I dress like a domestic terrorist, not a common thief.
>>
>>4827746
>Some pitbulls need total control and supervision and some do not.
Pitbull owners have a very hard time telling the two kinds apart then k3k
>>
>>4827758
I didn't literally mean a field day I meant letting the dog sniff around and pull. You can teach your dog release words so that it knows when it is supposed to walk beside you and when it can sniff around.
>>4827760
This is true for most dog owners. The main difference is that most dogs are a sporting .22 rifle and pitbulls are a shotgun.
>>
>>4827764
You can teach a husky release words so that she knows when to pull like mad (depends on if she's naturally a confident lead dog or needs another dog to follow around) but otherwise they're gonna sniff

My dog isn't lead dog material. If I had a german shepherd, that would actually fix her recall issues because if she makes friends with a dog she'll follow them around all day.
>>
>Thread is active again
>Immediately turns to shit
Every single time
>>
>4827611
>obsessed
>>
File: princess cupcake.jpg (126 KB, 500x333)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>4827769
just another monday
>AGAST! mlady pibble has been insulted! fear not, my love, your most loyal knight will put down these reddit trolls
>>
>>4827648
average /dog/ poster
>>
File: 1689241064655201.jpg (132 KB, 1024x1024)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>4827764
>most dogs are a sporting .22 rifle
But enough about Basset Hounds.
>>
Teaching my dog to respond to his basic commands (name, recall, stay, sit, down, left, right) with various whistles and hand gestures so I can look like a chad that has an unspoken bond with my right hand dog when I walk him
>>
>>4827695
Kangals can be trained right though
>>
>>4827783
Probably more than a pitbull, at least until an off leash dog stands between guardy "furbaby" mcdog and his owner and the owner of the now mauled pooch says "what the fuck bro, normal dogs dont do that" and the kangal dicklet says "ur fault, ur dog should be at a perfect heel, your dog has no respect for the natural alpha, durrr"
>>
>>4827739
yeah i know someone with a goldendoodle that bought it "because it doesn't shed and is cute." .... and it, of course, does shed because it's not a poodle and she didn't do any research on training it so it's psycho
>>
My take on this discussion

The fact that dangerous dogs exist. Anyone who has spent significant time around a variety of ‘personal protection dog’ or ‘fighting dog’ breeds such as ovcharkas or pitbulls understands this.

If you own a dangerous dog then, regardless of training you need to understand that the dog cannot be trusted to react appropriately because, like any animal or human, it may get the wrong idea sometimes and it is capable of far more harm than other dogs
While being a dangerous dog is often associated with breed, as these reactivities are more often than not from breeding, that doesn’t mean all dogs of one breed are dangerous. Unfortunately this is where the misunderstanding lies, as many people with dangerous dogs who simply havent reacted badly (yet) or maybe even never did in their life, believe that anecdote precludes the breed from being judged as a dangerous dog breed - likewise many non-dangerous dogs are presupposed to be dangerous because of their breed, under an abindance of caution or some form of bias.

At the end of the day, you’ll never convince someone who’s favourite or current dog is a dangerous dog, but who doesnt believe their dog is dangerous, that it is actually dangerous. It’s a meaningless argument, I’ve hit my head against a wall with countless people who had obviously extremely dangerous dogs that would just not see it, luckily only a few ended in attacks and none in deaths. But if you’re actually a reasonable person you wont project your experience of anecdotally owning a safe dog onto the whole breed, nor will you tell someone they own a dangerous dog with no other information than a breed name. If you do own a dangerous dog though, and you should consider you might based on breed because thats just good practice, its not the kind of dog you can treat as a pet. One day that Ovcharka you bought as a protection dog is going to mistake a friend entering as an intruder and rip him a new arsehole
>>
>>4827764
Most dogs are sporting a nice european or american made firearm
Huskies are known for the reliably inaccurate and impractical dragunov SVD (carried on a sled)
Pitbulls are sporting brazilian made handguns.
And here, we have the choice weapon of the akita inu
>>
>Boerbel
>>
>>4827796
>the pitbull of weapons
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
>>
File: lmao.png (265 KB, 1024x683)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>Goldendoodle, labradoodle
>>
File: RW3A-G17-BK01-1La.jpg (18 KB, 601x420)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>Chihuahua
>>
File: 20231005_145448.jpg (1.22 MB, 1555x2498)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>4827796
What gun is this dog?
>>
File: IMG_3402.jpg (1.02 MB, 1636x2181)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
I’m not sure what gun a border collie is but mine definitely has a rare skin
>>
>>4827813
Airsoft G36C, working line gets the real version IMO.
>>
File: im-824427.png (115 KB, 1280x1280)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>4827816
Maybe one of those impractical smart guns.
>>
>>4827813
ptr63
>>
>>4827816
>cat tower
I thought we were boys…
>>
File: IMG_3463.jpg (952 KB, 1920x1440)
952 KB
952 KB JPG
>>4827820
Kek sounds about right
Some ‘smart’ device, made by retards, becomes too ‘smart’ for its own good as to be effectively useless to most people
But you keep it around perpetually anyway cause you’d hate life without it
>>4827827
Puppyberg and Cattenstein linked up
Need it or scratch it
>>
>>4827758
>i dress like a domestic terrorist
I see husky, i see pine trees and pole buildings, i see gun talk, you probably are one.
>>
Can you trust other people and dogs at a dog park?
>>
>>4827737

Dogs were much more well mannered and behaved when everyone was following the Koehler method.

You have been pushing your Garret bullshit for 20 years and dogs are the worst they have ever been with bites going up. Maybe neurotic permissive owners freak dogs out?
>>
>>4827864
You can, yes. Should you? Depends on the people and dogs, I would say.
>>
>>4827867
This is false
>but when i visited peoples houses in the 70s, their dogs did not sniff me. sniffing is rude.
Yes, they also abused them for that, severely, and then said "never touch a dogs head, they'll bite you" which isn't true except in the case of abused dogs.

Dog bites haven't really gone up in time with anything but the pitbull population (guess why? see the retard defending them itt, most likely you. they went from being distrusted disposable fighting dogs to pets for wannabes)
>>
>>4827877
Before pitbulls and their purpoesfully ignorant and trusting owners, public enemy no. 1 was "protection" german shepherds trained with the koehler method.

The breed has gotten much safer now that even the "balanced" faggots don't hurt their dogs half as much as that double digit IQ retard instructed his fellow americans with equally non-negligible blood lead levels to
If you want a good explanation of why 19th and 20th century america was so ridden with subhuman aggressive tendencies...
It's not "traditional", it's fucking lead. Cavemen domesticated wolves by being nice to them. Native americans had domesticated timberwolves and coyotes and they were not 1/4 as mean to them as koehler. At the outset of civilization, the every first civilized humans to build a proper nation considered dogs sacred animals that could not be harmed except as a sacrifice by the priests. The problem was lead poisoning. The same thing that turned the romans into a bunch of bloodsport loving barbarians and contributed to the fall of their empire.
https://www.luc.edu/media/lucedu/hhhci/pdf/FactSheetDelinquencyandCriminalBehavor.pdf

These "retvrn to tradition, being nice is for LIBERUL WIMMINZ, HIT UR DAWG!" faggots are idolizing people suffering from subsaharan heat levels of cognitive impairment.
>>
>>4827867
>Dogs were much more well mannered and behaved when everyone was following the Koehler method.
???
Stop rationalizing non-sense.
>>
Do dogs like weed? My girl lays down and observes me while I watch a movie. She gets contact high.
>>
>>4827967
he may associate the smell with you relaxing. i don't think contact high is a real thing except when maybe hot boxing a car
>>
My pup hasn't been fully vaxxed yet and needs to avoid other dogs. I want to do some long line recall practice with him but there's going to be dogs at the big parks. Anywhere else Anons can think of that might not be immediately obvious that I could take him to?
>>
>>4827591
It was spinal damage the doctors say, don't think it was any parasites. He's at home resting but basically he has 14 days for the medication to complete and if no progress, I'm going to have to put him down. He's at tier 5 of the spinal slipped disk. I hate the vets for pushing me aside and not taking my concerns seriously.
>>
>>4827967
Nope. Dogs are more likely to get paranoid. Weed is a horseshoe theory drug

Absolute retards have a great time
Midwits (this runs from dogs to iq 115) are prone to freakouts
Geniuses have a great time and actually can stop any time they want
>>
File: 20240624_155312.jpg (1.89 MB, 1800x3097)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
A dog with a wig.

>>4827818
>>4827824
Cool, although It would be gas powered airsoft.
>>
>>4826775
anon shar peis are nice dogs, they get a bad rap but with socialization, love, and care they can be very loyal and fun dogs. my last dog was a pure pei (not show-quality, not very wrinkly and functional until her last years) and now i own a pei/husky mix. fantastic animals, honestly, this dog looks cute, but a bit intense. still make for a great companion
>>
>termites in wig
>>
>>4827988
there is a website, i forget the name but you could probably google it and find it, for people who rent out their fenced yards. i guess the risk is someone who rented before you had a sick dog, but, much less than a dog park or something.
>>
>>4827877

It’s amazing that you know the exact decade a grew up in when I said dogs were more well mannered. Almost like you know it to, but just don’t like the reason why.
>>
>>4827890

It’s not, hitting a dog is conservative and manly it’s that thinking consequences = abuse is absolutely 100% neurotic leftist bullshit.

You aren’t a failed person bc someone was hard on you one time and your life wouldn’t have been better if your parents bribed you to do HW with a zukes. That is 100% leftist thought.

Some of the greatest things to ever happen in my life were hard and serious consequences. Anxiety is a mind killer and discipline is the cure.
>>
File: 20240624_155314.jpg (1.64 MB, 1800x2664)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>4828026
Check out the sick dreads also!
>>
>>4828035
Please stop wrapping your dog in packing tape.
>>
>>4828035
>consequences
>to an animal that can't understand cause an effect
Yup, that's abuse.
>>
>>4828066
Minor proofreading mistake
>>
>>4827864
No. Dog parks are hell, you're playing russian roulette everytime on whether or not your dog will be permanently mentally scarred.
>>4827828
>>4827816
Blue merle aussie shepherds are my favourite, I wonder what other dogs you could breed that their pattern onto
>>4828023
I know, I've owned a shar pei x staffy for nearly 15 years so I'll always have a soft spot for them. It's one of those breeds though that you almost need to mix just to avoid health problems.
>>
>>4828035
>hitting small animals is wrong? its the leftiiiiists
>t. wrapped a puppy in packing tape
>>
>>4828030
Sniffspot
>>
>>4828093
Has anyone tried the website on the field rental side? I was thinking of signing up to see if it could help pay for the renovations to a 1.5ish acre fenced in field I have.
>>
>>4826345
Awful
Thread
Hope the next one is better
>>
>>4828072
>Blue merle aussie shepherds
Thats a border collie
>>
My favorite dogs are Dobermans. Should I just gamble and hope it doesn't die of DCM after 3 years? What other breeds are similar in looks and behavior? I was looking at Beaucerons
>>
>>4828138
I assumed it had some aussie in it for it to have a blue merle coat
>>4828158
You can minimize the chances by finding a reputable breeder that does genetic testing on their dogs. Alternatively you can get a doberman mix
>>
>>4828058

Notice how they always have to invent harms being done and equate that to consequences. They rely on the image of caning dogs. Why need to do that if any consequence is abuse?
>>
File: 1698034558923719.png (434 KB, 828x834)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
Dear leoanon, I wrote you, but you still ain’t callin’
I left my tripcode, my name, in the thread at the bottom
I sent two posts back in autumn, you must not-a got ‘em
There probably was a problem with the server or somethin’
Sometimes I type usernames too sloppy when I jot ‘em
But anyways, fuck it, what’s been up, man? How’s your dog?
My beagle's doin’ fine, he’s chewin’ on a log
I’m 'bout to take him for a walk, but first, I gotta blog
I saw your thread about chickens, man, that shit was a hog
I even saved that rare Pepe, it’s my favorite frog
I hope you see this post, we should chat, just like a dialog
>>
I saw a labrador with an e-collar on my walk. Sad.
>>
>>4828268
It has a setting called “make friends” when he gets too excited around other dogs. Lol.
>>
>>4828262
kek
>>
>>4828268
my dog has an electric collar but it doesnt shock him it just has a gps tracker and air tag in it
>>
>>4828293
Based actual electronic collar user. Dogson is proud.
>>
>>4828262
Dear leoanon, you still ain't called or wrote, I hope you have a chance
I ain't mad, I just think it's fucked up you don't answer fans
If you didn't want to talk to me outside your farm, why'd you say seeya?
At minimum you coulda autographed my mamiya
That's my new camera, man, it's the six by six
I waited in the blisterin' heat for you, for four hours, and you called the cops
That's pretty shitty, man, you're like my favorite 4chan fag
I want to be just like you, man, got dog hair on my negs
I ain't that mad, though I just don't like lyin dregs
>>
>>4828317
oh no!
>>
>>4828111
based on what i see at the only good sniffspot around almost nobody uses it except for the owner and maybe 3 people
>>
>>4828331
Dog park during off hours is probably better, finding those off hours is its challenge.
>>
>>4828333
The off hours is exactly when the pit mommy shows up during her WFH jobs lunchbreak
>>
>>4828336
Scared much? Stop making up weird boogeymen. Go during off hours and if you see something you dislike; leave.
>>
>>4828340
There are no true off hours. Someone will show up at any time dawn to dusk.
>if you see something you dislike
The problem with pit mommies is, if their dog is something you dislike, it's already sprinting towards yours are 20mph, and you're legally not allowed to shoot until your dog is already scarred for life, and it would be difficult to get in close enough to ensure a clean shot with no collateral. At that point, the pit mommy might try and wrestle your gun away and throw off the shot or pull the trigger herself.

I've seen it happen to other peoples dogs in real life. I've seen shitbull fuckers go for people with weapons in cell phone videos. I'm not going to let it happen to mine. Don't go to public dog parks.
>>
>>4828345
>legally not allowed to shoot until
You're not just going to stand around and get attacked - Police Officer, verbatim when asked.
>>
>>4828345
I don't get it, I've been to a lot of dog parks in my lifetime, if a pitbull gets uppity I just leave or protect my dogs by stepping in...
>>
>>4828359
>he thinks police follow the same rules as people
police arent people. theyre state sanctioned murderers. people cant shoot a retard for pulling up his pants because they already told him they were scared and uncomfortable. you cant shoot a dog for being near you either. for police its a sport, for you its a felony.
>>
Thanks to the power of IoT we are DANGEROUSLY close on getting a dox. I mean this could happen within the next couple of weeks at best.

Dogfuckers beware.

Any tips on how to avoid a vacation? I have a few long vacation days already built up with upper management here. I'm kind of worried about getting laid off on this one.
>>
>63
@FluffyDogEnjoyer
>>
>67
Questionable username, hard pass.
>>
>"i dont enjoy fluffy dogs"
fuck you too then
>>
>>4828369
Me on the left when I first joined 4chan vs me now on the right
>>
>>4828129
lol yeah right
>>
>>4828369
>file name
Get a new phone
>>
>>4828369
>dog hair
Oof, can we get a bronchitis check?
>>
File: 2-011.jpg (2.38 MB, 2000x1341)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>4828401
Friends and family all have the newest iphones and the photos still look like shit. I intend to start snapping my dog on a hasselblad to stay a century ahead of phone image quality.
>>
>that rich color range
tough for phonesloppers

do you guys walk your dogs after they eat? any preference??
>>
File: 2-017.jpg (2.62 MB, 2400x1609)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
>>4828412
>walking your dog sooner than 2 hours after eating
>moistening kibble
>and other things people do when they like giving the vet money
>>
>>4828412
>that rich color range
its an awful lab scan too

really need to rescan some of these rolls
>>
>>4828408
I wish I understood photography but I just don't
Plus the only things I ever want to snap is my dog or nature, and it's two very different thing. One changes on a dime, is almost always in motion and is relatively small; the other is perfectly static and often spans my entire range of vision
>>
>>4828448
Photography is simple just spend $4000 and you will become a photographer
>>
>>4828448
Youtube + be resourceful.
>>
File: jljt7lnjowpz.jpg (95 KB, 640x800)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>4828448
Here's your intro to phodography bro
https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/why-we-love-film.htm
https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how-to-shoot-film.htm
>>
File: 20240625_123832.jpg (1.05 MB, 1797x2393)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>4828317
>>4828262
He has been doing well, foxtails abound
goats eating grass, so we can play again
Boredom on leash, He dreams to run around
In a weeks time we play fetch around then!

Mamiya six to take lots of dog pics?
Lots of dog hair found on your negative?
Hoping we can see your dog playing with sticks
Upsetting trolls is the imperative.

Very busy with chickens, we will eat!
Sadly, my dog must wait for me to play
Everytime I am back he loves to greet
With such excitement, a lovely display

Wait a bit longer and you will see me
Playing and training with Leo happily
>>
>>4828448
Exposure triangle

Aperture, focal length and their relationship to depth of field

Shutter speed and motion blur relationship

Lens focal length and field of view.

Look up/understand those terms/ideas to start off with and you'll start to understand how things work then you can get a cheap digital camera with fully manual controls and interchangeable lenses to start putting it into practice. A 24-70mm zoom lens will be nice to start off with, and it will be great for both nature and dog photography. You can get a few prime lenses later on if you really want. A 35mm prime lens is also a good place to start if you don't want a zoom.
>>
>>4827243
Yes?
>>
>>4827243
>>4828521
Bugguy, we already watched you get BTFO on this. You tried dragging this argument out for several months and even BTFO yourself on it. There's a reason you are the only, single, one, lone person on earth who cares. It's because as soon as your precious statistic is examined beyond face value, including adjustments for all things and how common it is per capita, it crumbles harder than african american drug arrests as a meaningful point of judgement. Put in a global context and it is entirely meaningless.

Also, the last time you started arguing, you broke down midway through and posted a file host link to a webm showing closeups of dog pussy, so we're starting to think you're trying to justify your own schizoprenic sexual dysfunctions. Instead of responding further how about you report to your caretaker and ask them to up your meds?

Maybe then you'll also stop getting irrationally mad at trey the explainer existing (as if he's significant) and stop feeling the need to claim to be random paleontologists on 4chan.

Cats are dumber than chihuahuas btw
>>
>>4828508
>>4828408
BASED AND FILMPILLED

Glad to know /dog/ is high IQ enough to wake up to the digital photography scam. All digital photographs are AI fakes. No negative, nothing transpired in reality.
>>
>>4828412
I don't feed my dog anywhere near when I walk them, before or after. I also play with her in the yard for a bit before hand. Takes out some of her energy and gives her the opporunity to toilet so she doesn't while we're out.
>>
File: 1691395297208816.png (391 KB, 638x638)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
What are some wisdoms you've picked up when it comes to dog ownership (outside of the obvious shit)?
I think when your dog is barking at something you should always check who or what it is and then let the dog know. Either I say "oh silly that's (family/friend/postman)" if I know them or "who is that?" if it is just some stranger. It makes them bark way less and it helps build that mutual respect you want with your dog.
>>
>>4828752
Political decisions should be informed by the most elite of our citizens/immigrants should be allowed as long as they are conscripted into the army in return for citizenship and small land grants.

Yeah…dog ownership really opened my eyes…
>>
File: 1689176037141502.png (266 KB, 900x573)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>4828767
Sounds like someone failed their media literarcy course
>>
File: darcy von dortmund new.jpg (339 KB, 500x736)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>4828752
You should normally go outside with your dog, they like it better that way
Dogs can read your feelings before you can
They really like carrots
It needs to be 110
>>
>>4828780
>Dogs can read your feelings before you can
It is crazy how much a dogs temperament comes down to the owner. I've known a fella with a big old scary looking pitbull who is the most evened out dog I've ever met simply because his owner is a functioning middle aged white guy and I've known women with a labrador that was neurotic and vicious simply because his owners were. I've also seen a "unfixable" rescue rottweiler do a complete 180 in behaviour. It's why it is no surprise that in 99 out of 100 dog attacks the owner is some fucking retard.
>>
>>4828522
>Cats are dumber than chihuahuas btw
>implying he’s not saying this every 10 seconds
>>4828771
Lmao
>>
>>4828517
I have an old DSLR I used as a webcam, a canon eos 200D II with its standard canon lens
I've tried taking pictures, but I rarely get them to come out looking so much better than an iphone someone would mention the colours etc. like they did for that fella
>>
How do I use my cute dog to get mgself a gf?
>>
>>4828883
Teach your dog to walk on leash at your side and walk around parks during the day.
>>
>>4828886
But I already to that. I want to teach him to go up to cute girls and sit, but he prefers grandmas
>>
File: 1701940236581581.jpg (54 KB, 550x550)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>4828889
Your dog is based
>>
File: 20240626_133630.jpg (3.88 MB, 4000x3000)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
>>4828883
Do you all think he is cute enough to be my wingman
>>
File: f0423350-800px-wm.jpg (238 KB, 531x800)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>4828780
Where are this dogs pupils? Fruit bat looking ass
>>
Hey bro’s I’m not sure where to turn to and I needed to ask a few questions.

I woke up to my dog barking which isn’t too unusual since that means she needs to use the bathroom but when I came down to take her outside she was wincing when I touched her neck.

I’m not sure why though I saw some things mention her diet but I moved to canned wet foods for her with small amounts of kibble so I’m not sure if that’s it or something else?

I love her bro’s and I can’t stand to hear her wince in pain like that.
>>
>>4828917
go to a vet then
>>
>>4828918
I don’t have much in the way of money so I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with their dog and was hoping they might know what medication I might need to buy her or if I need to change her diet more?
>>
I'm working on assembling a kit to take with me on day walks with my nine month old central asian shepherd/german shepherd cross. Right now it's a hip pack, a dump pouch for easy access treats for training, and a pouch for a water bottle. Lead, harness, second slip lead for emergencies. Poop bags, used bag holder, wipes. Collapsible dog bowl, ball for playing, collar light for when it gets dark, and a small towel. Are there any obvious things i'm missing that you guys would want on hand if you're walking your dog for 3+ hours? Once he's old enough for proper hiking i'll have a little first aid kit, but right now it's not necessary.
>>
>>4828919
No. Diet is generally unrelated to neck pain unless her teeth are so rotten and infected her jawbone's being eaten away. Go to a vet. My dog suddenly became sore in his neck. It was a fast-growing tumor that started putting pressure on his wind-pipe and I was putting him down exactly seven days after he first showed pain.
>>
>>4828924
Got it thank you I’ll see what I can scrounge up I hope I’m being a paranoid retard and it’s nothing.

I’m sorry about your dog I can only hope he enjoyed the last days he had with you I hope he’s in peace.
>>
>>4828920
Water
>>
>>4828920
Depending your climate you might want to bring electrolyte powder (the kind for dogs) with you just in case, bring some dog safe berries in your treat pouch as well and make sure you know what you're supposed to do if your dog overheats.
Berries are very good for keeping your dogs energy up just test the kinds you can give them out first to check if they like them.
>>
>>4828943
>>4828944
I'm the one wearing the hip pack, not the dog.
>>
>>4828946
Acknowledged
>>
>>4828910
>not a lab or goldie
Sorry Anon.
>>
>>4828933
Wait what? Which berries are not dog safe? I thought they were all fine
>>
I found berries growing on a tree, they looked like blackberries and had red juice when squeezed. Thoughts?
>>
>>4828963
Grapes
>>
>>4828970
I'll grape you if you know what I mean
>>
>>4828970
Oh I know about grapes. I've never included grapes in culinary lists of berries.
The ironic thing being they are botanical berries while what I do consider culinary berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc) are almost all NOT botanical berries.
>>
>>4828977
Look dude I literally just said 'dog safe berries' because I don't know for a fact that every berry is dog safe and I don't want some spastic killing his dog because he read 'give your dog berries' on 4chan and didn't double check to make sure they weren't toxic.
>>
>>4828980
That's fair, I was just wondering if there was a particular common berry they shouldn't have. I know cherries are meant to be bad because of the pits.
Looking online, the unsafe berries are wild berries
>Even some wild berries that are edible for humans may contain toxins, pits or other substances that could harm your dog. Holly berries, mistletoe berries and salmonberries are examples of berries your dog should avoid.
>>
Grug thankful he no berrypicker. Grug good hunter. Track down steak for woof in costco.
>>
File: 20240626_083557.jpg (1.3 MB, 1800x2877)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>
>>4829071
interesting phenotype, i can almost imagine this dog trying to bring the anime fourth reiche into fruition while claiming to be an aryan shepherd (in reality he is only 56% aryan).
>>
This is bullshit, they beat us even at looking goofy! *slams laptop shut*
>>
File: 2024-06-22 13.25.14.jpg (3.13 MB, 1400x1867)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
unflattering
>>
>>4829090
Is she rolling around in bunny turds?
>>
Me and the boys headed for a walk.
>>
>>4829104
No, there are no small mammals left alive on my property
>>
>>4828910
Potentially, are you into crazy chicks?
>>
File: 20240626_083557.jpg (432 KB, 1908x1146)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>4829187
He lives on in memory
>>
>>4828035
this poster has a non-negligible blood lead level
>>
File: 2024-06-26 20.51.59.jpg (750 KB, 1400x820)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
the forbidden oreos...
>>
File: 2024-06-26 20.52.50.jpg (1.61 MB, 1400x1867)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>
Why is it so hard to find the ideal dog breed?
>>
I want a dog so bad but I'm extremely avoidant and don't like to be around people and I know I have to be around other people and their dogs to socialize my dog properly. Any antisocial avoidant owners here?
>>
>>4829592
>Any antisocial avoidant owners here?
Given this is 4chan it's probably the majority here.
I just deal with it the same as I deal with having to be in social situations for work or family.
At least with dogs all the focus is on them. I recognise and know the names of a bunch of dogs, but I have no idea what their handler's names are.
>>
>>4829545
autism

>>4829592
also autism, but if you can make simple back-and-forth conversations with people and can exercise your dog 2-3 hours a day it should balance out.
>>
>>4829545
>American Staffordshire Terrier
>Good-natured
>High trainability
Probably because you're being lied to, anon.
>>
>>4829540
Sinister.
>>
are martingale collars any good? my boy slips out of every collar or harness cus his neck is so fat he's a blue heeler BTW
>>
>>4829785
Pretty much, should be standard issue to any prey driven breeds like Basset Hounds and Whippets. The material should be silky, smooth, and soft. It should never be employed as a choke collar.
>>
>>4829785
I think so. And Guide Dogs use them.
Love me a cattle dog.
>>
>>4829785
I can't trust myself to walk behind my dog 100% of the time and sometimes we do weird things like walk side by side then walk staggered and dogs slip their collars most commonly from behind their owners so just as safety I've been using a harness but definitely want to go to a cloth martingale like Leoanon suggested.
>>
>>4829785
A harness does the same thing but isn't for women
>>
>>4829790
How come I always see women using harnesses then? Checkmate atheist.
>>
viola, new thread
>>4829794
>>4829794
>>4829794
>>
I think women like harnesses because the concept of a collar being a fabric tethered to a dog’s neck is a little cruel to them. Women are more compassionate to baby-like things.
>>
>>4829796
Women like harnesses because of all the data on trachea and cervical injuries resulting from collar accidents

Same reason so many K-9s wear a harness and an e-collar
>>
>>4829798
Even any mildly prey-driven dog just shouldn't be on a collar. Their instinct to chase is too strong and is going to cause damage eventually; it's just a matter of time before your dog bolts away and is clotheslined by your leash into snapping its neck.
>>
File: Orca gnome.jpg (488 KB, 828x916)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>4829806
>your dog bolts away and is clotheslined by your leash
>11 missed calls from orca gnome, voicemail: “That's real-world dog training” *gunshots in background* “Liz cut the camera”.
>>
>>4829790
I've tried several types of harnesses he slips right out. I can't afford him being off leash he has a tendency to nip when excited.
>>
>>4829868
Is he neutered?
>>
>>4829887
yeah he came neutered (was a rescue)
>>
>>4829955
Proof?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.