[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (347 KB, 900x900)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
What do you consider to be their best episode?
>>
>>4827273
If this is what I think it is then they’re all retarded and have no proper knowledge of how to do this
>>
>>4827273
No idea but the dinosaur one was for sure the worst, Trey's influence is obvious there
>>
>>4827277
>hadrosaurs would get brutalized by big cats
God what a fucking idiot
>>
>>4827273
Tier zoo is Godawful and is patient zero in the case for why brainlets started saying "stats" "OP" and "meta" in regards to ecology. Genuinely a retard in his own right as well and talks about things he clearly knows little to nothing about pretty often, as was evident in his dinosaur episode like the guys above me are saying.
>>
>>4827281
They are sure to win because their speed is superior
>>
>>4827277
>Trey's influence is obvious there
An unfortunate sentence that should never be uttered.
>>
>>4827273
Buy an ad.
>>
>>4827376
Many christian boys have sadly felt his influence
>>
>>4827752
I don't get it
>>
>>4827273
Genuinely despise Tierzoo, I think one of his worst takes is downplaying rhinoceros.

>poor vision, meaning a rhino couldn't see you if you stand still
Black rhinoceros have eyesight on equal grounds to house cats or rabbits, so on the grounds of mammals, quite decent.

Also Rhinoceros already have excellent smell and hearing, so you're definitely not sneaking up on one or if you stood still. Cases where they're startled and attack cars are far more likely caused by poor tour guide etiquette around them instead of the animal's obliviousness.

And its not like vision is foolproof, Rhinos are often nocturnal or more active at low light so visibility isn't always the best there and scent and hearing function much better.

>Low intelligence
Much harder to measure or fully say, but Rhinos are not stupid. In captivity they're compared to dogs in terms of how affectionate they get and recognize keepers and their names. They're good on consecutive vet visits and even can play fetch.

Rhinos aren't super social but they're still social from time to time so that counts for some amount of intelligence.

>They kill each other often
Has more to do with their equipment IMO than it does with their intraspecific aggression, and its not like animals he's ranked highly don't do the same.

Chimpanzees will try to kill any rival troop member they see in their territory and infighting is often and dangerous. The most common killer of young bears is bigger and older bears.

He's also done cheetahs VERY terribly.
>>
>>4827277
>>4827281
Pretty much all of his paleontology related takes are the worst.

The entire reason why its all so bad is because he uses the logic of "Well its just gonna be inaccurate later so why should I bother?"

(Even though he's using information from documentaries that are 10-20+ years old)

I heard he got BTFO'd by a pterosaur researcher but not sure where or what the pics are.
>>
>>4828482
>by a pterosaur researcher
based dragonfag
>>
>>4827273
All of his videos are exactly the fucking same and have been for multiple years so I will say none of them.
>>
>>4828532
Agreed, I got bored of his content very quickly
>>
>>4828476
He put centipedes in F tier because of something about them not being heavily armoured enough, ignoring everything else that makes them the top solitary predators among terrestrial inverts. He put secretary birds above eagles because he needed to subvert the idea that eagles would be top tier. He did the same with T. rex in the dinosaurs video. He’s suggested everything from big cats hunting things like triceratops to piranhas being an issue for hippos in hypothetical scenarios. His takes are pretty consistently shit
>>
it's always funny when he dumps really successful and speciose groups in D and F because they get eaten by other animals sometimes or don't catch everything they want to eat
>>
>>4827273
Tier Zoo sounds like a scrapyard....retards
>>
File: K.jpg (2.7 MB, 2481x3289)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>4827273
Since we're gabbing about /an/ Youtubers, what do you guys think of this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5KuIGkoCE8
>>
>>4829034
I haven't watched a single one of his vids since I think they seem a little too awesomebro-ish to me or like "animal vs".

Although I saw the thumbnail of the most recent one (Would boars survive the mesozoic) and thought it was a no brainer that boars would do well.
>big enough to be too hard to take down for small predators
>still fast enough to evade large ones
>genuinely strong
>breed and repopulate quickly, in addition to just growing up fast
>can eat practically anything
>VERY intelligent

Really the only thing I think that could maybe be bad for Boars is if they're not adapted for mesozoic plants and if they're toxic to them. However they may be fine.
>>
>>4828868
>He put centipedes in F tier because of something about them not being heavily armoured enough,
lol that’s retarded, they’re probably the best armored invert predators, that carapace is pretty formidable against anything roughly its own size
>>
File: GItXyZXXsAAnBjl.jpg (46 KB, 828x460)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>4827273
>Places Praying Mantis as A tier
>Places Scorpions as D tier
Scorpions are literally in every feasible way possible, superior to Praying Mantis. Literally you can't make this shit up.
>>
>>4829284
how so
>>
>>4829034
Self-obsessed pseud. Literally any time someone in the comments disagrees with him or says he could do something better, he takes it personally. Not to mention his content is just so lame and repetitive despite him only starting to make videos very recently. The fact that he has a video on if tyrannosaurus could survive in Halo or some shit should tell you pretty much all you need to know about his content.
>>
>>4829567
>The fact that he has a video on if tyrannosaurus could survive in Halo
They wouldn’t, by the way. Well, depending on the time period I guess. They’re definitely Flood chow or collateral most of the time though
>>
>>4829034
0 rizz, annoying voice and not nearly an interesting enough concept for his rizzless ass to stretch every video to 15 minutes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.