[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG-20240625-WA0000.jpg (158 KB, 1500x2000)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Hello anons.

My six-year-old dog has never had health problems, but recently a wart has grown on her snout that looks like you can see in the pic. Now she is together with my mother who lives in a small town where there is only one veterinarian, famous for letting dogs die and prescribing the wrong medicines. This veterinarian says that surgery to cure her would mean ripping off half her face and my mother is very scared for our beloved pet. Has anyone ever seen something like this, do you have any experience that you could share with me?
>>
>>4828223
That thing is way out of focus. You need to post a better pic. Poor dog!
>>
>/an/ - Veterinarians and Entomologists
>>
>>4828223
Take her to a different vet. The road trip might not be fun, but it's more important that your dog gets adequate medical care. To me it looks like a tumor which could be nothing or could be cancerous, but that requires lab work to determine. Call the next closest vet.
>>
YOUR dog, take her to a good vet.
>>
>>4828223
your dog is a whore
>>
>>4828223
>known for killing dogs through negligence
>wants to rip off half of a dog's face for a wart
How has no one burned down the sadistic cunt's house yet?
>>
>>4828223
Another vet. Go to one. No one can help you here.
>>
>>4828364
It's a fictitious tale to garner replies such as yours
>>
Are people responding seriously to this obviously fake and gay bait or am I just being double trolled?
>>
>>4828223
My doggo had a similar looking lesion at the base of her nose that turned out to be a Mast Cell tumor. We had it excised, without "ripping off half her face", by any means. It's a simple excision and closure. I do skin caner surgery on humans it is also a simple procedure in that location.

If it's truly a wart, then there may even be some topical treatments, or they may be able burn it off. Both are non-surgical and work quite well.

Regardless, it's a fairly small lesion that can be easily treated by any decent Vet. Take the time to go to another town, if need be. It will be well worth the effort.
>>
>>4828787

Thank you for your comment, it has given us a lot of peace of mind. As soon as I get the chance I will take her to a better vet.
>>
My dog had similar, it was a bacterial infection from getting food dust in his jowls. Antibiotics fixed it. It could be lots of things.
>>
>>4828223
>>4828227
>>4828287
>>4828289
>>4828313
>>4828361
>>4828364
>>4828406
>>4828514
>>4828536
>>4828787
>>4828876
>>4828936
God old vets are the worst do an fna and that should on the spot give you a mct diagnosis if that’s what it is. Surgery is curative if margins are clean 90+% of the time
>>
>>4828223
>she
Anon I...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.