[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Emoji - 22.png (170 KB, 462x379)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>Wake up
>Go to PC
>Cellar spider has a beetle in it's web right next to my PC
>First thought is the cellar spider has to eat, too, so ignore it
>15 minutes later the beetle is still struggling even though it's movements have slowed, and the spider is still biting it
>Can't stomach it
>Get a tiny pair of eyelash scissors
>Delicately insert them into the web and cut the beetle's head twice
>It stops moving in seconds
>The spider gets a meal, the beetle's suffering is cut short
Did I do the right thing, or did I make it worse?
It didn't ruin the meal, either; the spider has been gorging itself on it since.
>>
How about you just fucking clean your room instead of worrying about the suffering of bugs?
>>
>>4830121
>Implying your room can't be clean and also have spiders and bugs in it if you don't kill them
>>
>>4830115
Yes you did the right thing. We aren’t even sure to what extent insects can feel ‘pain’ or if it’s some other kind of signal letting them know something is wrong last I checked. Anyway you can move on now
>>
>>4830170
Thank you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.