[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000003539.jpg (63 KB, 667x1000)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>YOU DO NOT NEED A FARM
> YOU DO NOT NEED ACRES
>YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPEND 12HRS A DAY ENTERTAINING THEM
Collies work less active hours per day on farms than (You).They do not spend the whole day herding. Yes they will watch the sheep but they clock out and they just check up on them periodically. Yes they will become obsessive if you let them choose their "work/play" time.
1 walk. 1 game of catch. 5 minutes of tricks. Per day.
YOU ARE PROBABLY OVER PLAYING WITH YOUR DOG. Use ONLY scheduled play times.
>Neurotic nonsense about how only rural farmers should own collies
OK then you will wipe out their entire breed, because farmers use drones and guys on rvs now, almost no one uses dogs except niche traditionalists. I swear /an/ is worse than PETA and the logical conclusion to your opinions on things is the end of all life, because if it's not living the perfect life then it's not worth living.
>Muh born purpose
Then KILL YOURSELF immediately because you aren't living your born purpose to kill and breed either.
>>
>>4830789
Dog people in general get really stupid about breeds
>ITS ABOUT HONORING THE PURPOSE AND THE HERITAGE THATS WHY THEY CAN ONLY FUCK THEIR SIBLINGS
>>
>>4830789
I meant to say bikes/quads why the heck did I type rvs.
But anyway border collies will go months without much work to do on even very large farms. You don't even have as much vacation time as the farm dog. They can be lazy & chill but you are encouraging them to be workaholics because you are a retarded LARP that doesn't even understand the truth of traditional and historical farm life and what was expected of them.
>>4830790
No this is purely an internet thing. it's a 4chan/reddit/Twitter perma online weirdo thing. I have never met a person in reality that thought in these insane, neurotic black & white ways.
>>
>>4830790
Dogs are great
Dogfags are the worst posters on /an/
>>
>>4830790
Dog people get really stupid in general. 95 percent of them believe in the silliest shit surrounding these animals. I guess it’s the price you pay when you’re the most popular pet in the world, you end with a lot of dumb fucks along the way
>>
Collifags are worse than pitmommies

Change my mind
>>
>>4830845
Nah. Huscucks and Colliefags are obnoxious but at least they’re getting people killed with their behavior
>>
>>4830845
no they aren't nigga and you knew that before you made this post
no matter how annoying the owners of any other breed are, rest in the knowledge that they don't have a political lobby cottage industry sprung up around defending their monstrous breed
>>
>>4830845
If you mean "collie fags" by the people that demand you have 20 acres and 1000 sheep to herd in order to own one, yes they are the worst (still not as bad as pitmommies)
I own a border collie because when I was looking up puppies for sale in my area, I saw a sea of pitbulls, husky mixes and german shepherd mixes. Since I've had bad experiences with those three I chose the first thing I saw that wasn't that.
I live in the suburbs, but I have a decent size backyard. She gets one 30 minute walk, a game of tennis ball, a game of frisbee, and five minutes of trick training or puzzles. She does NOT show any signs of distress or insanity like everyone on /an/ told me she would.
>>
>>4830789
>the logical conclusion to your opinions on things is the end of all life
no pussy no life!!
>>
>>4830789
>OK then you will wipe out their entire breed
I do what I must.
>>
>>4830862
>Huscucks and Colliefags are obnoxious but at least they’re getting people killed with their behavior
huscuck and colliefag here, can confirm I am since I support mandatory open carry of select fire rifles by everyone over 18 years of age
>>
>>4831090
that doesn’t have anything to do with the dogs though
>>
>>4830789
>Yes they will become obsessive if you let them choose their "work/play" time
what does this mean? legit asking
>>
>>4831354
Schedule play times, if you just play with them whenever they ask it will be non stop. The more you play with them the more they want.
>>
>>4831706
is that all dogs? or like would that be true for a poodle or GSD or husky?
>>
>>4831912
No. Most dogs don't have OCD, which is why most dogs aren't as obsessively on point about obeying commands.
>>
File: IMG_3098.jpg (708 KB, 1190x1981)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
>>4831912
Its pretty accurate with working gsd, a lot of owners keep them in a state of high drive for too long and they normalise that routine. I exercise and play a lot with my dog but I also make sure she gets the required rest/sleep, it can be really bad for their physical and mental health.
>>
>>4830789
A human being's born purpose is to become wise and make himself always in accordance with reason. If you aren't always working towards that, then you aren't truly living yet. Breeding and killing have nothing to do with it and both activities take you further from wisdom. If you don't even understand your own species and its purpose, how can you claim to understand another?
>>
>>4830789
>You do not need a farm, acres, or entertain them for long periods of time
Yet, all dogs can live higher qualities of life with access to these things.
>>
>>4833192
There is no such thing as purpose

It's all in your mind

t. the conclusion of all reason
>>
>>4833306
>t. kanye west
>>
File: IMG_2704.jpg (75 KB, 480x608)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>4833306
>>
>>4831912
It's true for any "high energy" dog which really means a breed that was bred for a job.
>>4831917
Lol the same thing can happen to labs or retrievers. OCD is just an owner accidently creating a routine for something, and all mammals live on routine. Even my cat has a routine.
>>
>>4833306
How can your post be real if 4chan isn't real?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.