[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: liz.jpg (65 KB, 616x377)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>They still use "he" as the default pronoun for animals even though most animals are female
>>
And they're going to continue, so long as retarded simps keep referring to boats and shit as female by default.

I hate women.
>>
>>4833349
People use "he" as the default pronoun for creatures that are undignified or empty-headed in appearance. Really makes you think
>>
>>4833349
That's just in under-gendered languages like English tho. Kewl languages use different genders for different species either based on the species's perceived masculinity/feminity or for no real reason.
>>
File: DSC_4174_2-768x514.jpg (41 KB, 768x514)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>4833349
Gender =/=sex
Some men are female, some women are male.
>>
File: Admiral_Rachel_L._Levine.jpg (1.12 MB, 2400x3000)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>4833376
finally some right answers on this website
>>
>>4833416
>>4833376
>>>/x/ is thataway, we are a science-based board
>>
>>4833357
They referred to boats as female because sailors were all men and they were lonely. This way they could ride their cutie boat gf all year long
>>
>>4833349
Why not just say it then?
>>
>>4833357
I’m sorry we fucked up so badly anon
>>
>>4833456
This never made sense to me
>noooo you cant use gendered language and pronouns
>NOOOO YOU CANT SAY "IT" EITHER
>>
>>4833349
>Activating fluid ejaculates from the urethra and trickles down to the vagina. This fluid enters the vagina, which signals eggs to descend
Sos
>>
>>4833472
it is dehumanizing
>>
>another thinly veiled /pol/ thread
>>
>>4833349
English uses the generic male
Feel free to use a different language image board if this offends you
>>
>>4833349
I guess if you count things like ants and bees towards that total that primarily consists of sexually inert females.
>>
>>4833376
You really think the word gender is never used to refer to a person's biological sex?
>>
>>4833349
>he starts his memetext OP post with "they" even though most 4chanoids are male
>>
>>4833349
That is because I acknowledge the worth of animals. Ants are 'he' to me. What sweaty gon do?
>>
>>4833489
Quiet, whore. This is ARE site. Always has been.
>>
>>4833376
>GEN'DER, n. L. genus, from geno, gigno; Gr.to beget, or to be born; Eng. kind. Gr. a woman, a wife; Sans. gena, a wife, and genaga, a father. We have begin from the same root. See Begin and Can.
>1. Properly, kind; sort.
>2. A sex, male or female. Hence,
>3. In grammar, a difference in words to express distinction of sex; usually a difference of termination in nouns, adjectives and participles, to express the distinction of male and female. But although this was the original design of different terminations, yet in the progress of language, other words having no relation to one sex or the other, came to have genders assigned them by custom. Words expressing males are said to be of the masculine gender; those expressing females, of the feminine gender; and in some languages, words expressing things having no sex, are of the neuter or neither gender.
>GEN'DER, v.t. To beget; but engender is more generally used.
>GEN'DER, v.i. To copulate; to breed. Levit. 19.
>>
>>4833349
Yeah, "he" is the default "unknown gender" pronoun in english.
>>
>>4833349
I use "he" for lizards and "she" for snakes for example. Because that's their default gender in Portuguese.

This habit is hard to fight for me. Sorry
>>
>>4833349
Everyone uses "he" for all animals, besides spiders, cats, poodles and butterflies which are always called "she"
>>
>>4833349
>They
And yet you assumed I'm not binary
>>
>>4833506
No. But that doesn't mean it is the same.
>>
>>4833376
>yender =/= age
>some children are 60, and some seniors are 8
>>
>>4833606
genders don't exist. the concept is just sex again, but this time you can fake it. it's a verbal trick. race and flender, species and zender. you could do it with anything
>>
>>4833349
You're supposed to use it for generic animals
If an animal has sentimental value, like a pet, then you can use he/she depending on their sex
>>
>>4833488
theyre literally animals
>>
>>4833577
looking up the definition of words in old dictionaries has shown me how the modern dictionary/definition racket has become blatantly prescriptive
marx started it, if you go back and read his works a good majority of it is him explaining to people how words ACKshually mean something different, its a fairly clever tactic that understands that its easier to get people to change their definition of a word than it is to get them to change their ideological mindset/worldview; yet after they accept the changed definition they start to change their worldview for themselves
>>
>>4834001
lel
>>
>>4833570
>This is ARE site
The /pol/tards cannot even speak English correctly.
>>
Bold assumption that I'm using English all the time

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.