[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: grizzly bear vs hippo.jpg (17 KB, 602x174)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
If a billionaire paid you 10 billion USD to fight a fully grown adult grizzly or a fully grown adult hippo, which one would you fight?

Note: You don't have to win the fight, you'd still get the 10 billion even if you dead (can be transferred to your family or anyone you choose)
>>
>>4834479
But a billionaire would never pay me that much money for that.
>>
>>4834479
Grizz at least one person in history has won that fight. I don't think anyone has 1v1ed a hippo and lived.
>>
>>4834481
Joe Rogan would if he had a couple billion to spare
>>
>>4834482
Is it true?
>>
>>4834479
hippo.
The hippo would kill me easier but I'd be dead anyway, but the hippo is more likely to just be too lazy and sit around or shake me a bit then lose interest
>>
File: Hippopotomous8-scaled.jpg (879 KB, 2560x1707)
879 KB
879 KB JPG
Lol. The animal that could beat a hippo is a rhino or elephant. Simple as.
>>
File: file.png (885 KB, 838x604)
885 KB
885 KB PNG
Hippo chads... I kneel
>>
>>4834611
What about a giraffe?
>>
>>4834479
can i fight them with napalm?
>>
>>4834479
male or female hippo?
in what environnement?
are we allowed to use weapons? tools?
do we have to win the fight? or is the fight considered over once one of us loses?
>>
>>4834651
Gentlemen, it was a pleasure sharing this planet with you. We had a good run. I'll see you all in hell.
>>
>>4834479
>Can be transfered to my family
Hippo. It won't even take long and I would piss the hippo off on purpose if he wasn't interested in killing me. I'm too traumatized by bears to chose that one so yeah give me the hippo.
>>
>>4834479
If I am to have no weapons, then I can see only one win condition: Suffocation. Hippos are far too thick and blubbery for this, whereas I feel like MAYBE if I SOMEHOW got on the bear's back I MIGHT be able to wrap my arms around its neck
>>
>>4834779
male hippo
river/body of water
sharp edged weapons is allowed, but no guns or explosive weapons
you don't have to win, the fight is over when a party dies first
>>
>>4834889
I get a sharp edged weapon? Brown bear. Both are unable with muscle powered spears and theoretically defeatable with a sword, but I know more about how to kill a bear than I know about where hippos are vulnerable, so I choose brown bear.

If he won’t let me have a 7 foot long hewing spear, give me an Albion Svante Nilsson Sture.
>>
>>4834651
What? So do they take off like airplanes on a runway or something? What's this supposed to mean?
>>
>>4834479
bear will always be the more winnable fight. Like anon mentioned earlier there have been cases of people killing bears with using weapons, meanwhile Hippos are the number one killer animal on their continent and everything I’ve seen tells me they’re impossible to 1v1.
I’ll probably still get mauled, but I’d take a small chance over no chance
>>
>>4835213
*without
meant to say without weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.