[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4185.jpg (412 KB, 933x542)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>tfw live in a nolizard biome.
It's so fucking unfair bros. My scaly bros... forever out of reach..
>>
File: Mooreidechse_(49341884).jpg (177 KB, 1070x638)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>4840828
First of all, dont use the word "scaly". You are going to make anons think that you want to fuck argonians, kobolds and dragons.

Second of all, literaly how? Even in the desolate land of "our biggest carnivorous land mammal is a badger" has pic rel along with Sand Lizards. Do you live in fucking Greenland?
>>
>>4840831
Supposedly we have two species of skinks or something. Idk. I've seen exactly one my entire life, and it was a fleeting glimpse as it ran across the highway. It might've been a mouse. I'm so ashamed of my lizardlet ecosystem. I've seen more wild bears and salamanders than lizards.
>>
>Here is your lizard bro
>No its not a snake
>>
>buy land.
>terraform it for lizards.
>...
>lizards!
It's that simple.
>>
I've seen a wild lizard in my area exactly once, when I was waiting at the bus stop. I like the cute little guys, but not seeing them is better than having invasive ones.
>>
>no one will ever know what the spinosaurus looked like
ehem!
>>
File: podarcissp4103.jpg (162 KB, 900x597)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>4840831
>>4840832
I'll explain because I'm in the same situation as him. Where I live (New England) used to be under glaciers which killed off all the reptiles. Our mountains are also very old and eroded so the biome turned into shaded forests with no open sunny places for lizards. That's why we only have snakes, turtles, and a couple skinks.
>>4840848
>but not seeing them is better than having invasive ones
Reddit opinion. The nonnative wall lizards we have are harmless and it's fun to see them randomly in the city.
>>
my uni has a bunch of guido lizards running around
non-native, although I don't know if they qualify as "invasive"
>>
>>4840844
Nope
>>
File: lizards.jpg (400 KB, 807x814)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>go to dig hole
>hit something
>Bearded Dragon just chilling underground
>freak out thinking I hurt him
>he's okay just rightfully pissed off
>move him to new spot where he dug straight into
>now afraid to dig anywhere on my property again
>>
>>4840907
The reason new england is low critter density is because all the old growth forests got cut down centuries ago and were replaced (much more recently) by monoculture bullshit forests, in much smaller patches. So all the diversity died, and hasn't returned because not everything can live in "Oops All Maples State Park"
>>
>>4841093
Yes but shaded forests aren't good habitat for lizards anyways which is why they haven't colonized there. Meanwhile in the upper midwest you have at least a half dozen species despite the colder winters because of the open rocky habitats.
>>
>>4840831
>>4840907
The closest thing we have to a lizard here in NH is a red eft. They are amphibians born in the woods and then make their way to water.
>>
>>4840831
northeastern new england has no lizards
>>
>>4841102
Nobody tell Madagascar or Brazil
>>
>>4841277
We're talking about temperate climates
>>
File: GSbL4Z8WMAAiPZu.jpg_large.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1325)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>4840833
Hell I'll take it
>>
>>4840831
North America has literally no lizards like north of Virginia. And you could probably count the number of reptile species on your hands.
Just how the biosphere shaped up in the new world, I guess.
>>
>>4841580
*eastern North America
I think further out west you can find lizards further north, some apparently even ranging as far as canada.
>>
>>4840828
The only time I've seen lizards was in Florida, we never get them in northern NJ. I barely see any snakes either
>>
File: 20240708_121900.jpg (2.06 MB, 4160x3120)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
Breddy cool anon, here are some many-lined sun skinks (at least, I think they are, from an old herpbook I found) I saw at my university (asiafag, so our lizards are pretty varied). If you walk around the grassy areas you can usually spot one or two, or at least hear a rustling if you spook them away first.
>>4840828
>>4840907
Anyways what's stoppin ya from haulin ass to another state or whatever and seeing their parks or zoos or preserves? Maybe it could be a good holiday idea for you if you find time/funds. Myself I'd like to travel to the rural south of my country (kind of like Florida) to see the crocodiles and monitors, but that'll be a long ways away...
>>
File: 1666140795212389.gif (868 KB, 200x180)
868 KB
868 KB GIF
>be me
>out to have a smoke
>lizard bros everywhere
is nice
There was a bunch of chipmunks in the woods earlier and a little armadillo dicking around by my driveway too.
>>
>>4840907
Pretty sure there were skink reports as far north as rattle snake mountain in maine until like 1920s
>>
>>4840828
End global cooling and get rid of all these fucking glaciers and the saurians can again have dominion over the Earth.
>>
>>4840828
hardly any in the uk. maybe seen them once or twice fleetingly.
i went to ibiza a few years ago and they were in just any bush. i just wanna watch em mlem :(
>>
Just take a trip to southern europe. In summer there are more lizards on the ground than birds in the sky.
>>
>>4840907
>Our mountains
I don't think its the mountians, theres only two skink species in the midwest too. Tons of snake diverstiy though for some reason
>>
>>4840828
Come to Glorious People's Republic of Florida. The ground is covered with lizards. My cat eats them.
>>
>>4840828
I live in western Europe and we have wall lizards everywhere. Unfortunately it is the only common species of reptile here so you will mostly only see these, the others lizards and the snakes are really hard to find.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.