[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3426106_l-921964163.jpg (714 KB, 1743x2400)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
The italian city of pavia has a huge and stable population of feral parakeets that live and nest in the city centre. They're not indigenous, they're the result of repeated, accidental and cumulative escapes of exotic pets from their owners. The fact that not only they survived but thrived is a fascinating testament to their endurance and resourcefulness
>>
>>4846202
nice
>>
>>4846202
I wonder what his favourite cereal is?
>>
>>4846212
Still better than pigeons. They're nicer looking and more intelligent than those flying rats
>>
>>4846273
I prefer pigeons.
>>4846202
We have them in Naples, too. We also have marsupilamis (genets) and, where my family's summer house is in Calabria, some weird, Asian squirrel for some reason.
>>
>>4846273
They are very noisy compared to pigeons. Also, I don't know what they eat, atleast with pigeons you can see them bobbing around.
>>
File: pitbudge.png (1004 KB, 1561x908)
1004 KB
1004 KB PNG
>>4846273
smart birds are not good. they don't think like mammals. they're filthy, destructive, and psychopathic.

i'd rather have 9001 cats than 9001 feral budgies.
>>
File: file.png (1.09 MB, 1200x933)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>4846202
Sparrows are so plentiful in the US that most people don't realize they're an invasive species that fucks up other songbirds.

I feel like birds and humans are the two most versatile species on the planet in the sense that you can just drop them anywhere and they'll probably adapt and possibly thrive. Tropical penguins are the most baffling ones to me.
>>
>>4846343
House sparrow haters disgust me

They've been here forever. They're naturalized. Not their fault they outcompete other birds when you set up free food, which sparrowchads are better at eating than native cuckbirds. That's actually your fault.
>facilitate house sparrow populations by providing birdfeeds and birdhouses for them
>FREAKIN HOUSE SPARROWS KILL THEM ALL I WANT TO SEE A NUTHATCH IN MY BACKYARD. KILLLLLLL
Disgusting
>>
>>4846285
>We also have marsupilamis (genets)
In Naples? Where? This is the first I've heard of it
>>4846343
small to medium sized omnivores are like that.Pigs and rats are the same
>>
File: 20240723_163001.jpg (3.47 MB, 3105x2491)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
I saw a lot of them in Rome and surrounding areas. There's also a sizeable population in one of Brussels's parks. Here's a picture I took of their nests last year.
>>
that parakeet looks different than mine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.