[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (1) (13).jpg (77 KB, 739x415)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
If I took every single ant on the planet - all 20 quadrillion of them - and dumped them in the middle of the pacific ocean, would any of them survive?
>>
>>4846279
no, theyll get picked apart by everything
>>
>>4846279
which ocean?
>>
>>4846281
Still, if birds start flocking to eat all the ants some of them will become attached to the bird and escape to land. Other ants can fly (though probably not thousands of kilometres).
The question is whether enough queens will survive to restart the population.
>>
>>4846283
Laotian
>>
>>4846291
the answer is still no, its the PACIFIC ocean, it just gets torn apart by fish, crabs, weather, whales
>>
>>4846279
I give them one nightly vertical migration of the parade of a several trillion whatever the fucks coming up from the deep for their midnight snack before they’re gone. That’s not even counting what the day shift planktonivore feeding frenzy does to them.
>>
>>4846279
Yes, all of them. They all survived and are very mad. They know where you are OP, you cannot stop the consequences to come. You stand no chance
>>
>>4846279
>If I took every single ant on the planet - all 20 quadrillion of them - and dumped them in the middle of the pacific ocean, would any of them survive?
But that's so unrealistic. You could never take all 20 quadrillion ants on the planet and place them in the middle of the pacific ocean. It's just not possible. You couldn't do that.
>>
>>4846774
Theoretically it's possible
>>
>>4847210
But that would never happen!
>>
>>4846279
some would probably make it to land on floating logs. maybe even some pregnant queens, given the enormous initial quantity

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.