[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It's so unfair its poisonous, they look so tasty
>>
The wikipedia claims that these are "narcotic"
What does that mean?
>>
You can use them in jam.
>>
File: 38606-Pokeweed_4_WC.jpg (129 KB, 787x754)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>4874834
When I was a kid we used to find them growing in our pasture and use them as war paint. It stains a really vibrant magenta. Only learned recently it was toxic but I think its only if its ingested, just based on the rigorous experimentation of my 11 y/o self.
>>
>>4874834
What do they taste like? Surely it wouldn't kill you to just eat 1 right?
>>
File: poke sallet.jpg (674 KB, 1600x1143)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
>>4874834
You can eat them, just in the spiring and not the berries or roots
>>
>>4874885
Narcoberries from ARK are real?
>>
>>4875975
Luv me poke sallet, simple as.
>>
>>4874834
Are those elderberries? My grandma used to process them into delicious marmalade.
>>
>>4878054
Pokeberries, the sprouts are an edible vegetable with preparation. The berries and mature plants have way too much poison to boil out though.
>>
>>4874834
These are all over the place behind my house. but I don't think I ever see birds eating them though.
>>
>>4875838
You just gave me an idea of natural magenta dye for clothes. Thank you.
>>
>>4874834
they don't really look tasty.
they look like they taste bitter or something
>>
>>4878628
I think you have to use something to "anchor" the dye to the fabric. I remember reading about how urine was used to do this a long time ago and thats why middle ages fuckers would piss on clothes. Probably need to verify if thats true
>>
>>4875856
Mildly sweet and tart, with a bitter and acrid aftertaste. I have eaten a few. Worst bowel cramps of my life and it felt like it was fucking with my blood pressure. Wouldn't recommend eating more than a single one to cure your taste curiosity. Also, while the juice of the berries are relatively okay to touch the plant's sap isn't. Causes an annoying rash. These plants grow crazy where I live. I have had to pull them I due to the local kids being retarded and one eating up in the hospital a few years back.
The birds seem to like them. I don't know why they don't get poisoned.
>>
>>4874834
Had one of these come up in the garden one year after my dad planted peppers. Didn't know what it was for years.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.