[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Urgent.
Retard who knows nothing of dogs (cat person my whole life)
The workers my mother hired brought their puppy to the house. Radulfo. Cute little thing and eager to make friends with my mothers dog. They were playing and while I worked on school work.
Next thing I hear is whimpering and barking from outside
Its the puppy looking wet face in the dirt, frothing at the mouth wimpering.
I call the worker who brought the dog. he tells me that it ate some of my dogs food as is dying, rather calmly saying "muerto"
I'm not sure what to do or if that is whats killing this dog. Simply because we don't feed mochi (our dog) until the evening and he cleans his bowl every time. Ironically the bowl of food they brought for the puppy was also dry hard food when we feed ours softer stuff. Did he eat a slug? it was painful to watch
>>
that's weird. the mexicans brought a puppy to your house and poisoned it with anti freeze? strange.
>>
>>4875851
Is that actually how it is dying? Like it's still whimpering now. I'm broke as a joke but we're it my dog I'd rush it to a vet
>>
>>4875855
there's no telling, I'm just talking shit. but it's weird they would bring a puppy to a job site at all, and then say it ate your food, when it clearly didn't. just strange. it's an old school thing to kill a pet your kid brings home, and then tell them it ran away or something.
>>
>>4875861
Something stinks about all this for sure.
Again it couldn't have been our dogs food. He cleans he bowl and is fed in the evening. He's also fed farmers dog and I looked it up and I don't think adult dog food can kill pups.
But I conseed I know nothing of dogs
>>
>>4875865
Was he outside for a bit? He could've eaten a poisonous mushroom
>>
>>4875871
he was outside in the yard with the workers when I got there.
We don't have any mushrooms that I know of. we did have a little garter snake somewhere back there but other than that Idk. I think if he ate anything toxic it would be a slug
This is western washington btw.
>>
>>4875873
Washington is the perfect environment for mushrooms and it has plenty of poisonous varieties, including death caps which are responsible for half of the poisonous mushroom related deaths in the world and they look like any other edible mushroom, that's how my dog died
>>
>>4875873
your slugs aren't poisonous I don't think.

your newts are.
>>
>>4875831
They're trying to convince you they ate your dogs food and that is somehow killing their dog? What? That's fucking nonsense. Do you give your dogs poisonous frogs to eat or something?
>>
Update. Dog is still alive and won't shut the fuck up
Mother is here. I briefed her.
She is trying to care for it.
>>
They poisoned the dog to try and sue you
>>
Sound like the little doofus got ahold of a toad. They have poison glands on the back of their head that pop when attacked. Dog should be fine as long as it wasn't a cane toad.
>>
>>4875976
This. Your dog's food wouldn't kill a puppy, and you said his bowl was empty. They are killing a puppy and scamming you.
>>
>>4876234
>>4875976
Would they even have a case? They brought a puppy to a strange house uninvited, didn't watch it, and claim that it died from eating dogfood of another dog? This shit stinks to high hell
>>
>>4876348
I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. We've all heard of bullshit scammers suing and winning bullshit cases. Shady lawyers have tricks, and often they don't even plan on going to court, they rely on people settling out of court in order to avoid the hassle of a trial.
>>
>>4876348
It's washington, if your skin is brown enough you win any case brought forward.
>>
>>4875831
Too fast for most poison, assuming the idea is they poisoned the dog at your house. My money is on acute distemper, especially since it's hitting texas and cali really hard this year - dog probably got infected a couple days ago, and really began hitting the immune system that day. It's not uncommon for contract workers to send their mexicans up north for work, especially in HCOL areas where they make bank. Is your dog vaxxed?
That, or blunt trauma, but I imagine someone would have witnessed it and there would be some mark.
Unsure about the idea they poisoned it to sue you; this has historically never ended well for a puppy, more so a puppy with no pedigree papers. For a dog to be worth anything, it has to be proven to be worth money, not just assumed. So on top of having a pedigree, it needs to have either sold puppies, or proven worthy in various competitions or work, etc. Even a pedigree puppy for example might have shit drive for work or shit confirmation. And because dogs are literally a dime a dozen and shelters can't get rid of them fast enough, a random puppy is actually worthless.
>>
Update
Pup is fine
I'll gonna say frog/toad theory had/has the most plausibility
>>
>>4876652
Well that's some good news. Thanks for the update.
>>
>>4875881
Slugs can carry rat lung worm which is transmittable to other animals and humans if the infected slug is eaten alive. This can cause serious health problems and death
>>
>>4877216
Yeah to my knowledge you should never eat worms or slugs because they have a number of parasites on them, as well as being toxic in and of themselves some times
>>
>>4877216
rat lung doesn't act fast enough.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.