[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why aren't horses ever portrayed in the media as the man's best friend? They're almost always present in medieval/old-themed stories, but they're almost always treated as nothing more than transport vehicles.
>>
>>4877115
Not true. There are folk songs from my country that shout out horses as best friends.
>>
>>
there should be a globally recognised holiday for horses and their friendship with mankind
>>
Is not that there arent any, but they are few like War Horse, but to be honest the horse has always seemed more as a tool than a companion you can found a deity being a personification of almost any animal but horses? None that I can remember. Even Mongols that had a pretty horse oriented culture didnt think twice to cook them.

>>4877136
I can name one that is exclusivly about horse.
>>
>>4877115
Because it wouldn't be relatable to most people cause most niggas broke these days
>>
>>4878928
Why are you ignoring the west? Both Europe and America had very horse centered cultures yet didn't eat them
>>
>>4878935
Do you know how to read?
Horse was mainly seemed as a tool in the west and it was not as relevant and the center of the culture as it were for the Mongols.
You either don't know what is to have a culture centered or something or you are straight up stupid. Even with all there usage and even in war horses didnt got fame or the glamour that eve n nom European animals, like lions, got in the west culture.
>>
>>4878928
>you can found a deity being a personification of almost any animal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epona
>>
File: 1709495103203.jpg (46 KB, 719x107)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>4878996
KEK.
I mean this excepetion proves the rule. Minor importance a horse that is a god to horses, but I will concide there is/was a "horse God".
And well I didnt know about it. Thank you.
>>
>>4877115
>Dances With Wolves
>Neverending Story
>Sleepy Hollow
It's way more common than you think.
>>
>>4877115
Because narratively, like dogs in stories, a horse being the best friend means it probably dies horribly.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.