[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why are they such dumb fucks? I swear out of all insects that i routinely see, they seems to be the least self aware. They fly aimlessly, often hitting stuff or crash landing on you, almost always end up upside down and when you pick them up and pt them back they do it all over again. I don't understand this behaviour. Are they drunk out of fermented nectar or something?
>>
they can get away with it cuz they lay soooo many fucking eggs, because they make so many of them, there was no pressure to become smarter, so they just became entirely retarted as a population and now serve the ecological niche of "wiggly bird food"
>>
File: 20240430_223848.jpg (1.8 MB, 4032x2268)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
Here in Europe there's less and less of them because they are so dumb, they are losing a lot of their habitat because people destroyed their hedgerows to build walls, and because sparrows kill all of them
>>
>>4878396
They're insects, they don't think or feel, they sense.
It's common for flies and bees to crash max speed into the window where i usually sit.
Sometimes, so hard, their head dents back into their thorax. Think of them as tiny squishy robots.
>>
>>4878396
Beetles sacrificed agility for extra armour which has payed off fairly well for them
>>
>>4878415
>Here in Europe there's less and less of them because they are so dumb
>and because sparrows kill all of them
That has literally nothing to do with their decline, birds aren't even particularly fond of them
>>
I feel sorry for them. Sometimes I find one on its back in my driveway and turn it upright so it can fly, then it flys away then fucking ends up on its back again after a minute
>>
>>4879801
That means it's at the natural end of its life cycle.
Better than being squashed by a car or eaten by ants.
>>
>>4878396
Why are they called junebugs in English and Maybugs in Geman?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.